OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
At the shop waiting on my car to be fixed. I stopped at the Taco Bell next door to get breakfast and got the "due to staffing shortages we're not open yet" message :pullhair: so now I'm waiting for my car AND I'm hungry.

Sigh.

Oh well, there are worse problems in the world. Thankful to have a vehicle and that I am nowhere near actually starving from hunger.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FB_IMG_1637421834656.jpg

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
The last few pages of this thread have highlighted the ups and downs that life has to offer pretty well. Sometimes there is a fine line between congratulations and commiserations.

The one thing that remains constant though from high to low is our reliance on and appreciation of other people. Whether it is having a 5 minute conversation with a stranger on the phone in their time of need or reflecting on forty plus years with the person you love more than any other or giving or receiving a simple kind word from an alias on an internet forum, it all adds up, it all matters.

It's easy to forget that as we get absorbed in our own lives sometimes but ultimately we are all in this shit together, one way or another so don't forget to reach out when life gives you lemons and to be there when they land at other people's feet.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Far too often I find myself at like 10:40 AM wanting to eat something but McDonalds is like lunch doesn't start until 11. So I have to agonize over whether I want to wait in hunger for 20 minutes or just buy some mcmuffin that I won't like as much as a burger.

Today I chose to wait.

Reactions: sooshii

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
The last few pages of this thread have highlighted the ups and downs that life has to offer pretty well. Sometimes there is a fine line between congratulations and commiserations.

The one thing that remains constant though from high to low is our reliance on and appreciation of other people. Whether it is having a 5 minute conversation with a stranger on the phone in their time of need or reflecting on forty plus years with the person you love more than any other or giving or receiving a simple kind word from an alias on an internet forum, it all adds up, it all matters.

It's easy to forget that as we get absorbed in our own lives sometimes but ultimately we are all in this shit together, one way or another so don't forget to reach out when life gives you lemons and to be there when they land at other people's feet.
I guess I should feel bad about screaming - literally- at a man at the grocery store who I think was flirting with me....he was just trying to be nice but other rude people plucked my last nerve....

Wherever he is....I'm sorry....

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sickening.

:cry:
The latest is that they think whoever it was may have been running from another crime at the time.

I keep thinking about all the practice time everyone performing put in to get ready and just how happy people looked from the video.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The latest is that they think whoever it was may have been running from another crime at the time.

I keep thinking about all the practice time everyone performing put in to get ready and just how happy people looked from the video.
There was a school dance group and also a group called "Dancing Grannies" that were both affected

No fatalities from the patients that were sent to to the children's hospital, so far, but overall sounds like several people were killed.

Absolutely senseless.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
We always make a point about saying 'NEVER FORGET' when something traumatic happens but time marches on.

58 years ago was a very bad day in US history.
1f622.png

And a very bad day for the entire world. Visited the place in Dallas, strange sad energy in the air, still.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We always make a point about saying 'NEVER FORGET' when something traumatic happens but time marches on.

58 years ago was a very bad day in US history.
1f622.png

I remember. I was on the school bus going home and the bus driver told us the president had been shot. When I got home my Grandfather was visiting Mom (Dad was at work) so I told them. They turned on the news to hear he had just died. The country was in shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad