Player Discussion Trevor Zegras (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
This wouldn't be surprising... think to yourself do you ever remember him once having a conversation with a teammate and having a good time laughing/chirping etc.... He wasn't going to work out here.
It makes sense to me too. The year Rico was waived Steel scored a goal and went back to the bench and high fived Getz but completely ignored Rico who had his hand up and was sitting on the bench literally right in front of him. At the time I thought it may have been an indication of issues with Rico in the room given his struggles and waiving that year. Wish I had the clip.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Canucks were a bottom team until Bruce took over…

Our wins in that run was Montreal, New Jersey, AZ, Vancouver X2, Seattle, Washington, and the Blues, 6 out of 8 wins were against crappy teams…

Before the Ducks beat them down in their first meeting, the Canucks' record was 5-5-1. They weren't a crappy team.

Before the Ducks started their win streak, they were 2-4-3. The next four games were against Mtl, NJ, Ari, and St. Louis. I could understand beating Mtl, NJ, and Ari, but to convincingly beat the Blues meant we were a good team.

I shared how many Ducks games were close in their first 9 games of the season. Then I shared the benching of the youths in Zegras and Drysdale was the key to winning. If we didn't do that, then we would have lost to those other weaker teams.

Again, let's not try to re-write history just because you want to fit a narrative.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Before the Ducks beat them down in their first meeting, the Canucks' record was 5-5-1. They weren't a crappy team.

Before the Ducks started their win streak, they were 2-4-3. The next four games were against Mtl, NJ, Ari, and St. Louis. I could understand beating Mtl, NJ, and Ari, but to convincingly beat the Blues meant we were a good team.

I shared how many Ducks games were close in their first 9 games of the season. Then I shared the benching of the youths in Zegras and Drysdale was the key to winning. If we didn't do that, then we would have lost to those other weaker teams.

Again, let's not try to re-write history just because you want to fit a narrative.

Sounds more like you're trying to fit a narrative. They played only two teams that made the playoffs in that stretch, yes Vancouver was 5-5-1, but they still weren't a good team.

It was much easier than lets say, the next 5 games where they played Carolina, Nashville, Colorado, Ottawa, and Toronto where we only beat Ottawa. We couldn't hang with the better teams and we were beating equal or lesser teams. We were 17-9-5 before the new year. Only 5 wins were against playoff teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad