Waived: Travis Hamonic on wavers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thought this one deserved its own thread. Just signed a 2 year $3million per season deal with the Canucks a couple a months ago, has some mystery potentially non vaccinated issue going on... and now this

Jul 6, 2016
Thought this one deserved its own thread. Just signed a 2 year $3million per season deal with the Canucks a couple a months ago, has some mystery potentially non vaccinated issue going on... and now this

If he is not picked, what's gonna happen for him after ? Being suspended without pay ?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nobody is picking him up with all the questionmarks around him right now. Is he vaccinated , will he play at all ? He's the Canucks problem to figure out. Waiving him at least saves $~1.2 million on the Cap.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think he and Bailey are being waived because they were unable to get up to speed in training camp. His vaccination status is overblown, I maintain he wouldn't be delaying it with a high risk immunocompromised child at home without a reason better than microchips or freedom, but not being at camp means that, assuming he clears, he can get upto game speed without negatively impacting the rest of the team. Or if he's claimed, we save more cap space.

Reactions: olli

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Nobody is picking him up with all the questionmarks around him right now. Is he vaccinated , will he play at all ? He's the Canucks problem to figure out. Waiving him at least saves $~1.2 million on the Cap.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if an American team picked him up considering their views on the vaccine differ from Canadas quite a bit.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
So much speculation, so little proof of peoples opinions.

speculation is what happens when the player and team say nothing about what the issue is. He just signed a new contract and doesn’t show up to training camp and doesn’t give a reason for this. You open the door wide open for speculation when you’re a good player in pro sports.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Not sure what is going on with him. Rumour had it he have a friend that is really sick. That’s about it

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I never saw anything in him, even when he was at his best. Typical physical defensive D that gets overrated and declines somewhat fast.

Reactions: McSuper

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wonder if this is potentially a pre cursor to terminating the contract if he doesn’t report soon as teams have to put the player through waivers first.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If he was anti Vax and not playing in games, couldn’t play hey just suspend him and save his whole cap hit? Why would they waive him and still carry dead cap?

I feel like there’s more to the story here then we all know, as much as everyone loves being in vaccine witch-hunt mode rn

Reactions: CageRage
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad