Management Travis Green [Head Coach]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Reactions: Cosmix and Flamingo

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
[

The coaching staff seems energized and in Yeo's case a bit of a homecoming. Good vibes so far. Baumgarrner big time going to ride Sanderson to glory. He’s gotta be happy with Sandy, Chabot, Zub, Kleven as the core and being in the AHL for 2 years he probably knows 1 or 2 good cheap RD who can add depth to Ottawa’s bottom pairing and be good for 800K which would big time help the cap

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Feel bad for you guys. Green bringing in Baumgartner shows he hasn't learned anything and is going to continue with the nepotism. Baumgartner's incompetence was a huge reason the D was such a tire fire, and he's never been hired for any professional job without it being gifted to him by Green. Rehiring an unqualified assistant who has been a proven failure everywhere he went is rough, and I'm surprised management allowed him to do it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Feel bad for you guys. Green bringing in Baumgartner shows he hasn't learned anything and is going to continue with the nepotism. Baumgartner's incompetence was a huge reason the D was such a tire fire, and he's never been hired for any professional job without it being gifted to him by Green. Rehiring an unqualified assistant who has been a proven failure everywhere he went is rough, and I'm surprised management allowed him to do it.

Feel bad for you too that your highest paid player needs his Mom to drive him to the rink during the playoffs

• Wow
Reactions: h2 and ACLEVERNAME

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
It turns out the "Yeo" may have been shortened from Yeoman.

Apt, he has a Yeoman's task ahead of him.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Tbh it seems like Alfie is assisting, while Yeo, being the guy with extensive experience, would be the lead.

Everyone seems to be singing the same song, it will be a collaborative effort with everyone having input
Are you on the PR payroll for the team? You seem to only have good things to say about every single news release or personnel interview when you've been, historically, a very moderate voice on every topic.

• Haha
Reactions: JungleBeat

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Thanks for the insight. His failure at the U18s is bad too.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Are you on the PR payroll for the team? You seem to only have good things to say about every single news release or personnel interview when you've been, historically, a very moderate voice on every topic.
I'm convinced he works for the team lol

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It's not like that's a controversial statement.

We had the worst ownership/management in the league, so it's still rainbows and butterflies unless/until the new guys prove to be equally incompetent.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Did you listen to the interviews before commenting on my interpretation? Honestly, I'm having a hard time understanding how you've come to your conclusion based on what I posted, nothing I posted was particularly conjectured or strayed from what the two assistants said, it was pretty much repeating what they said.

Both said they were told they will be encouraged to provide input on areas outside of their specific areas of responsibility or something to that effect, and with regards to the PP specifically, Yeo said Alfredsson would be helping which to me suggested Yeo would be the lead.

I'm not even seeing how what I said was "good things"...

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That’s what was said in the interview, not getting your point.

Reactions: Dionysus

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It turns out the "Yeo" may have been shortened from Yeoman.

Apt, he has a Yeoman's task ahead of him.

Yeoman

1717797229925.jpeg

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Well at least Green is saying to the boys they better get their ass in gear and train hard in the offseason.

Looking at you Chabot

I love the sentiment. Players need to use another long offseason to come back as better players individually. A new system and new coach isn't going to drastically change the team.

The players need to work their asses off this offseason. Having a good start is crucial, so they better be ready to go for training camp.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
on the management side, Staois did a real favour to Green by having Jacques Martin come in and really tear down the DJ “just another bounce our way and it’s a different game” program and be a massive reality check and let these guys know despite the big contracts and scouting accolades they have done nothing in this league and have no identity.

Green comes in with a new staff of super motivated coaches and gets to build all the players back up. Staois definitely gave Green the advantage that the message was sent to the locker room that it’s going to be the Senators way and not the players way and it seems Green and Staois for sure have the full attention of the players and they are willing to fall in line

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
Over a month in and I just can't get optimistic at all about this coaching staff

Time will tell I guess

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Over a month in and I just can't get optimistic at all about this coaching staff

Time will tell I guess
I am very much in the wait and see camp, I do like Yeo as an assistant, he did a solid job in Min as HC imo, and I think Alfie has a lot to give from a development perspective. All our guys having NHL experience should help them relate to the players and get the buy in needed to be successful.

Baumgartner I have no real opinion on, Van fans seem to put some blame on him for defensive issues while Green and he were there, but I don't know enough about him to come to any conclusions.

Green to me checks a lot of the boxes for what we want in terms of what he brings, accountability being the big one, he talks a good game, is apparently very prepared, detail oriented, and has very good interpersonal skills, but the track record in Vancouver is mixed, he had good progress his first three years then things went sideways in year 4 and 5.

I don't think we have a group you automatically get excited about, for that, you'd need the track record of winning. What we have is a group that has checks the boxes to potentially work out.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I am very much in the wait and see camp, I do like Yeo as an assistant, he did a solid job in Min as HC imo, and I think Alfie has a lot to give from a development perspective. All our guys having NHL experience should help them relate to the players and get the buy in needed to be successful.

Baumgartner I have no real opinion on, Van fans seem to put some blame on him for defensive issues while Green and he were there, but I don't know enough about him to come to any conclusions.

Green to me checks a lot of the boxes for what we want in terms of what he brings, accountability being the big one, he talks a good game, is apparently very prepared, detail oriented, and has very good interpersonal skills, but the track record in Vancouver is mixed, he had good progress his first three years then things went sideways in year 4 and 5.

I don't think we have a group you automatically get excited about, for that, you'd need the track record of winning. What we have is a group that has checks the boxes to potentially work out.

Reactions: Micklebot

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah I can’t help but be nervous about this group. Green and baumgartner in particular.
Initially didn’t like it then quickly came around on green but with the baumgartner addition I’m not sure about that duo.

sfulefty

May 3, 2009
Yeah I can’t help but be nervous about this group. Green and baumgartner in particular.
Initially didn’t like it then quickly came around on green but with the baumgartner addition I’m not sure about that duo.

He obviously did some things right. Providing Vancouver with some stability during some turbulent management times, and a terrible roster.

I don’t know how he will do in Ottawa, but he got Canucks to the playoffs with a team that included: Oscar Fantenberg, Tim Schaller, Zach MacEwen, Jordie Benn, Jay Beagle, Antoine Roussel, Troy Stetcher, Adam Gaudette, Jake Virtanen, Josh Leivo, etc..

And got career-highs from the following players, while helping some of the young guys (namely Hughes, Pettersson, and to some degree Bo Horvat, to develop). But career-highs for the following:

- 18 goals and 36 points from Jake Virtanen
- 33 points from Adam Gaudette (never had more than 12 points anywhere else in his career)
- 45 points from Tanner Pearson – keep in mind he had 1 point in 17 games with LA the year before, before being traded to Pittsburgh, where he had 14 points.
- 27 points in 63 games from Nicolay Goldobin
- 18 goals and 35 points from Sven Baertschi
- Derrick Pouliot with 22 points in Vancouver, despite no more than 7 points anywhere else.
- Josh Leivo career-high 19 points

Reactions: DJB and Crosside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad