Post-Game Talk: Traverse City tournament. Leafs finish with 2-1 record.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
A little different every game, but I'd like to see:

Knies - Minten - Cowan
Mastrosimone - Hirvonen - Tverberg
Ovchinnikov - Kressler - Ellis
Lisowsky - Frasca - Voit

Puts the high picks together for fun, as they'll all be apart all season anways.

Chance to preview some Marlies combos through that middle six - could go several different ways with it

Lisowsky is the lone internal ELC push (expires June 1st), so I'll give him Voit to see if he showcase his scoring ability well against some strong Rookie camp competition.
I kind of want to see Tverberg and Ovchinikov together tbh. Would be 2 fast wingers and just would like to see what they could do with someone like Hirvonen. If it doesn't work out I might do something like this:

Knies-Minten-Voit
Cowan-Hirvonen-Tverberg
Ovchinikov-Kressler-Lisowsky
Mastrosimone-Frasca-Ellis

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
1694717834282.png

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
kokkonen being listed at 6'2" is a surprise, i remember him being like 5'11"/6'0"

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Pretty interesting to have Cowan as the center and Hirvonen on the wing. Both are not really natural centers but Hirvonen has a lot more experience there I think.

For the people not familiar with him, I'd keep an eye out on Max Ellis. He's really fast and fun to watch. One of my favs on the Marlies this past season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm really interested to see how our guys stack up against such a great prospect pool. Columbus looks stacked

One game tournaments with a lot of rust, I wouldn't really take a lot from a game like this one way or another. I do think you can take a bit from the lesser known prospects though. It's a good way to get a first glimpse.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I forgot Cavallin is a right catching goaltender. Pretty rare these days.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
One game tournaments with a lot of rust, I wouldn't really take a lot from a game like this one way or another. I do think you can take a bit from the lesser known prospects though. It's a good way to get a first glimpse.
Yeah I think it's mostly fun more than anything else, but certainly a good time for some guys to get seen

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Knies with a great zone exit, made a great play and almost scored with a good pass from Minten

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Dominate the start, get scored on first good chance against.

We're back folks

What is this goaltending

Reactions: kerk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad