Post-Game Talk: Traverse City tournament. Leafs finish with 2-1 record.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Kinda surprised to see Knies there for reasons outlined above, but he hasn't aged out by any means. The other rosters have some high-end talent, so he can help counter that.

My only other notes are that I thought Berezowski and O'Brien would be there on F and I'm surprised Miller is there on D. Everything else was fairly expected.

Really like the invites of Frasca, Sova, and Leslie.

Frasca will probably be sought after as an OA this year if he has any jump in production whatsoever - 6'4" 215lbs right-handed C.

The Leafs D prospect system is thin, so an ELC could be had in theory, and Sova/Leslie are probably two of the best invites possible to push for that.

Greenway, the other invite, is less interesting at the moment, but he's a bit of a late bloomer who has made decent strides. If he can take off as an OA this year, perhaps TOR would have an inside advantage on getting him on an AHL deal.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I will be in Israel for 6 days and the Cyprus for 8. Not that I won't have a connection, is that we have a super tight schedule. I can't be like "Yes, honey the Dead Sea is swell, but Knies just got a penalty, I have to see what will happen"
I fly out Thurs too lol.

Reactions: Anthrax442

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hell yeah it is. This goes the rest of the week and then training camp opens next week and we will see the big buds that weekend against the Sens. Sure pre-season hockey isn't the real thing but it is back and I love it.

I mean it probably won't be the big buds in the first pre season game.

I'm actually looking at the 3 against Montreal I wonder how much of the NHL roster we get there, on both sides

Bellzy

It was 4-1 finally has better meaning….
Jun 30, 2018

I'm actually looking at the 3 against Montreal I wonder how much of the NHL roster we get there, on both sides
Got tickets to leafs habs Oct 2nd. Hoping there’s a decent amount of roster guys

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

The entire core of course not but we always get half of the roster usually. Probably one of Matthews - Marner or Tavares - Nylander combo upfront at least one of or top 4 D pairings per game, and usually one of Samsonov/Woll/Jones will be dressed.

I am happy with that after months without hockey.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I honestly question the wisdom of Knies being in this. He has demonstrated that he is NHL ready.

Why are we risking injury in a tournament that means nothing to Knies’ development?

Really scratching my head on this one.

Seems like a dumb and unnecessary exercise. Add to it that the kid has never played a full NHL season and we want a long playoff run, why are we giving him extra work that he’s already graduated beyond?

Did I mention this is dumb and I don’t get necessity of it already???? :)
I couldn't agree more

Reactions: LeafSteel

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I hope it's available thru Leafs/Wings YouTube pages because I have neither app

It should be. Wings said they are streaming all their games and will provide teams with the links for them to stream.

I think last year I watched all the games through other teams channels on youtube cause the Leafs app was region locked for some reason. And then the Leafs put it up on their site after some complaints.

Either way, I will update the OP tomorrow when I find a way to watch!

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Streams

Thursday, 9/14
3:30 PM ET – TOR v CBJ: PT - TOR v CBJ - 091423
6:30 PM ET – DAL v DET: PT - DAL v DET - 091423
Friday, 9/15
6:30 PM ET – TOR v DAL: PT - TOR v DAL - 091523
Saturday, 9/16
3:30 PM ET – CBJ v DET: PT - CBJ v DET - 091623
Sunday, 9/17
11:00 AM ET – DAL v CBJ: PT - DAL v CBJ - 091723
2:00 PM ET – DET v TOR: PT - DET v TOR - 091723

Also this link is making it's rounds

Reactions: Loimike and OddyOh

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
How you would project the lines?
A little different every game, but I'd like to see:

Knies - Minten - Cowan
Mastrosimone - Hirvonen - Tverberg
Ovchinnikov - Kressler - Ellis
Lisowsky - Frasca - Voit

Puts the high picks together for fun, as they'll all be apart all season anways.

Chance to preview some Marlies combos through that middle six - could go several different ways with it

Lisowsky is the lone internal ELC push (expires June 1st), so I'll give him Voit to see if he showcase his scoring ability well against some strong Rookie camp competition.

The D core is a weirder mix. Niemela, Villeneuve, Kokkonen, and Miller are in the AHL; Tychonick and Dillingham should be in the ECHL, and Chadwick, Sova, and Leslie will be in Junior.

They could test out a couple Marlies pairs, and that Growlers pair, but I'd guess the main focus will be giving the Junior guys a Pro partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad