Travel Thread [Football, Tickets, Sightseeing, Etc.]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Thanks,

I guess I'll have to be very strategic and flexible in my planning

I want to go to Europe soon; France wasn't on my list but since they moved the Final to Paris, I guess I'll have to stop by there - if I'm a able to snatch a ticket.

My initial plan was going on vacation to Turkey, so I would have killed 2 birds with one stone, vacation+CL Final, it would have been awesome - but Ukraine happened so they had to relocate the game.
(I lived in Turkey when I was younger and miss it)

Maybe I'll go to Portugal - never been there - or go to Spain again and go to Paris for a day or 2 just for the Final.
Traveling is cheap and easy in Europe and those two countries are close to France
Portugal is high on my list too. Spent 3 or 4 days in Paris in 2019 and felt like that was more than enough time. I think that's about the amount of time I spent in Barca. Don't think I've been in any European city longer than that - it's usually 2-3 days max then onto the next.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Portugal is high on my list too. Spent 3 or 4 days in Paris in 2019 and felt like that was more than enough time. I think that's about the amount of time I spent in Barca. Don't think I've been in any European city longer than that - it's usually 2-3 days max then onto the next.
Yeah I have a co-worker who is from Lisbon, he did a good job selling me the destination lol

Loved Barcelona, I would love to return there but at the same time I want to visit places I've never been to

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I will take a minute and pump Scott's Flights for anyone who is looking to travel a bit. I don't suggest you pay for the premium (unless you're set on finding a deal) but they're an aggregation site for flight deals. You can find them cheaper elsewhere, and it's not always perfect, but... if you're not dead set on going a particular place or a particular time, you can find some fair deals (and bargains) at sites like that.

Usually, I'll wait for it to give me a suggested deal, and just use the google flights on my own to find and work out a deal. As I said, it works best if you're not dead set on going somewhere. You also have to pay attention to whether the flights are direct, and then luggage costs, but generally, you can find some bargains. I've used it to go to Iceland twice and a couple of places in Europe. Almost snagged the cheap Japan flights, but hard to commit to that with COVID and 2 young kids.

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
What category did you pick?
Category 2

Category 3 was right behind the goal, not sure it’s the best view
Category 4’a description was too vague
Category 1 a bit too expensive lol

Also, if you’re not selected for the category you applied for, you can be downgraded or upgraded for whatever would be available - of you want (it’s an option)

Reactions: Savant

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
@Evilo I'm heading to France for the first time this August. Hitting up Nice, Cannes, and some smaller spots that are yet to be determined. The main purpose of the trip is unfortunately not Footie but I'm hoping to get a couple of games in since the season will be starting earlier this year. Any tips on getting tickets? are there any cities/towns I should check out in the South of France area? And any other random tips about traveling to France?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo I'm heading to France for the first time this August. Hitting up Nice, Cannes, and some smaller spots that are yet to be determined. The main purpose of the trip is unfortunately not Footie but I'm hoping to get a couple of games in since the season will be starting earlier this year. Any tips on getting tickets? are there any cities/towns I should check out in the South of France area? And any other random tips about traveling to France?
Depends what tour you'll take, but near Nice is a good start for football. Great stadium, very good young team, although not the most exciting offensive football.
You should get tickets on their official websites.
A great football experience is a game in Marseille. Impressive stadium and impressive fans.
You'll love Nice and Cannes, but they're crowded in the summer and very expensive. Sete is a nice little port, Montpellier is also worth a tour, same with Toulouse. Carcassone is a very typical middle age city, though it does look like a museum sometimes with all the tourists.
If you're into this, there are tons of roman ruins (sometimes in good state) in Arles, Orange, Vaison la Romaine, etc... Pont du Gard is impressive. Uzes is a nice little town.

Reactions: robertmac43

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
So I got an email from UEFA saying my application for the CL Final was unsuccessful.
They also mention there will be some fans that don’t pay for their tickets, these tickets may be offered to fans that were unsuccessful in the random draw.

Oh well

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So I got an email from UEFA saying my application for the CL Final was unsuccessful.
They also mention there will be some fans that don’t pay for their tickets, these tickets may be offered to fans that were unsuccessful in the random draw.

Oh well
I got the same email if it makes you feel better. Either way I’ll be in Paris

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Cool maybe you’ll find some scalpers lol

I’m most likely heading to Portugal this summer if I can’t get a ticket
Yeah - we will see. I was supposed to fly to Italy with Mrs. Savant on May 30 anyway, so decided to add France to the front end because it’s been a good year at work. Someone on here (who can remain anonymous if they want to) helped me out a lot and yeah we are also doing Paris.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Yeah - we will see. I was supposed to fly to Italy with Mrs. Savant on May 30 anyway, so decided to add France to the front end because it’s been a good year at work. Someone on here (who can remain anonymous if they want to) helped me out a lot and yeah we are also doing Paris.
Cool enjoy

I might add Spain or Italy to my trip, I’ll see

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sorry guys for the game. Hopefully Liverpool and Real don't make it so that you're both not sorry :D
In all seriousness, you'll enjoy Paris. I was there less than two weeks ago, what an amazing and STUNNING city in terms of architecture. Went to theatre, standup comedy cafes, museums, restaurants, exhibitions.... Culturally, it's incredible.

Reactions: robertmac43

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Sorry guys for the game. Hopefully Liverpool and Real don't make it so that you're both not sorry :D
In all seriousness, you'll enjoy Paris. I was there less than two weeks ago, what an amazing and STUNNING city in terms of architecture. Went to theatre, standup comedy cafes, museums, restaurants, exhibitions.... Culturally, it's incredible.
Paris is great to visit - TON of tourists during summer though - it really feels magical

But not sure I would want to live there though, unless I hit the jackpot (but again if I were rich I would rather live in Monaco, Meditrranean blood and all)
Post automatically merged:

That is not a foul
Well VAR reviewed it and it was indeed an unsuccessful application

Reactions: bluesfan94

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I am considering visiting Torino for a week to watch a match in October, depending on if my vacation is approved or not. How safe is it for me to travel there alone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad