GDT: TRAP GAME - 7pm Eastern @ Buffalo Zoo's Giraffe Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Don’t feel bad for letting in 5. This is generally the Sabres. Despite the record there’s a reason they’re in the top 10 for goals scored. 6K is why you don’t have 6
Silver lining is that it looks like I finally hit on a quality goalie prospect in my dynasty league entry draft.

After watching the boys fail to execute tonight with their passing, poor pinch selection and blown D-coverage I'm happy I can leave with one positive... I just wish it was about my team 😩

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Honestly we didn't deserve to win the game. But something has to change with offside challenge IMO.

Because if you argue saying he didn't have control, he did have control just overhandled it, but he NEVER lost possession of the puck. The offside challenge is becoming like the catch rule in the NFL IMO.

Like the Makar goal in playoffs, he has control, but since he didn't touch player until player tagged up it was allowed, BUT YET he had control of it. Just my rant for the night. NOT SAYING WHY THE BLUES LOST, but just my rant.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Silver lining is that it looks like I finally hit on a quality goalie prospect in my dynasty league entry draft.

After watching the boys fail to execute tonight with their passing, poor pinch selection and blown D-coverage I'm happy I can leave with one positive... I just wish it was about my team 😩

Ignore his AHL stats (which all of us Sabres fans look at). He’s way better in the NHL than the AHL. Even the worst defensive breakdowns at this level, the ability to recover is faster. There’s a reason his SV% is 40 points higher in the NHL.

Also he had double hip surgery a couple of years ago (a more common thing with younger goalies) so I think he’s finally fully healed from that. But nobody really likes to talk about that part of injury recovery. Just because someone is back it really doesn’t mean they’re back to 100%

STEVIE RAY BLUES

Jul 5, 2009
We just won seven in a row after a longer losing streak. I am not gonna lose my shit over this game. That said we have had some earily similar trends starting to form that makes me think we will struggle greatly in the playoffs. The simple truth of the matter is that the Blues aren't instinctively a checking team. What I mean is we don't have many players that truly enjoy that facet of the game on the roster.
The ones I think do enjoy this are Schenn, ROR, Bortuzzo, Alexandrov, and to a lesser degree Buchnevich Leivo and Krug. Alex is a rookie and probably won't even stay up but has not embarrassed himself at all. ROR and Schenn look tired and we are only a 1/4 of the way through the season. We have never actually replaced Maroon. I'm not delusional and I am not suggesting reacquiring. What I am saying is we don't have anyone who WANTS to be a DICK to the other team. I'm not talking about sandpaper in his game. We have those guys. I'm talking about somone who in the middle of the game isn't afraid to dress down his teammates or the opposing squad and it needs to be someone who enjoys it. Our defense is soft like Charmin.
I don't know if it's still not the right year to move Tarasenko and ROR. Letting assets just walk is not sustainable and at this point I do not see a team that can seriously compete in the playoffs.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Ignore his AHL stats (which all of us Sabres fans look at). He’s way better in the NHL than the AHL. Even the worst defensive breakdowns at this level, the ability to recover is faster. There’s a reason his SV% is 40 points higher in the NHL.

Also he had double hip surgery a couple of years ago (a more common thing with younger goalies) so I think he’s finally fully healed from that. But nobody really likes to talk about that part of injury recovery. Just because someone is back it really doesn’t mean they’re back to 100%
I drafted him as the 2nd goalie off the board at 21 OA in our 2017 entry draft (1st goalie off the board was Oettinger at 15).

I've held onto him for 5 years so far, I'm not making any knee jerk decisions based on some rough Rochester numbers or the odd bad NHL start (like the 5-2 L against the Leafs earlier this week). Kid has size, talent and technique - and he's looking to be challenging for an NHL role soon, right around the same time Quick's career is winding down.

That continuity in net is something to dream about, because if I had to trade for an NHL starter... Let's just say it wouldn't be pretty.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I drafted him as the 2nd goalie off the board at 21 OA in our 2017 entry draft (1st goalie off the board was Oettinger at 15).

I've held onto him for 5 years so far, I'm not making any knee jerk decisions based on some rough Rochester numbers or the odd bad NHL start (like the 5-2 L against the Leafs earlier this week). Kid has size, talent and technique - and he's looking to be challenging for an NHL role soon, right around the same time Quick's career is winding down.

That continuity in net is something to dream about, because if I had to trade for an NHL starter... Let's just say it wouldn't be pretty.

He actually had a good game against the Leafs, despite the score. I wish analytics that us plebs had access to could show the “degree of difficulty” about every save or goal. Because I’m sure that what you or I perceive as weak may not have been that weak of a goal.

But I like 6K. If the Sabres are rebuilding and still doing a developing year, as they claim, then let him play himself out of being an NHL goalie. Like they did with Jonas Johansson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad