News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Mike Hoffman. Liked him lots during career and defended him lots. Including from that bastard Eric Karlson. But this is on the old side.

The Oilers are really going precap Dallas Stars here loading up with star players but being old. We'll see if this sort of thing works. Realize he's PTO but a guy this talented can probably make a club. Odd to see him even as a PTO.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Stauffer looks like he picked up those 15 lbs that Michaels lost. I guess we can look forward to more of those action shots of his.
Bob is taking the opposite of Ozempic. Mediterranean chicken pizza injections.

Mike Hoffman. Liked him lots during career and defended him lots. Including from that bastard Eric Karlson. But this is on the old side.

The Oilers are really going precap Dallas Stars here loading up with star players but being old. We'll see if this sort of thing works. Realize he's PTO but a guy this talented can probably make a club. Odd to see him even as a PTO.

Would be nice if he signed super cheap. Will have no shortage of shooters this year. Can always hope guys like him give their all as well for a chance to win.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I truly do not understand the hate he receives; especially for his weight. Shit is whack.

The weight thing is uncalled for, for sure. But I joke saying the sweat pouring off his head looks like the grease from all his Chicken Mediterranean Pizza, with occasionally calling him 'boob' (was an inside joke because one of my friends wrote Boob instead of Bob). But it's just inside jokes. Not everyone can be as pretty as other people. Just gotta be the best at who you can be, and that's all that matters.

Reactions: oobga

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Looks like KK is going with mixed groups where Tippett and Woodsy split between NHL and non NHL groups. Considering that we have had shitty starts under both the former head coaches, change is probably good.

Last edited:
Reactions: McTonyBrar

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oilers deleted the tweet right after they posted it but Jasper Weatherby, 4th round pick of San Jose in 2018 with 50 NHL GP and has spent the past three seasons in the AHL was signed to a PTO but maybe not now? Probably to see how he looks with the AHL group.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The weight thing is uncalled for, for sure. But I joke saying the sweat pouring off his head looks like the grease from all his Chicken Mediterranean Pizza, with occasionally calling him 'boob' (was an inside joke because one of my friends wrote Boob instead of Bob). But it's just inside jokes. Not everyone can be as pretty as other people. Just gotta be the best at who you can be, and that's all that matters.

We all say the jokes out of love. Everyone still loves Bob. And deep down we all want him to stay healthy as long as possible too!

Hopes and prayers it doesn't go the way of Woody!

will-ferrell-ricky-bobby.gif

It shouldn't. Already saw Knob making far more good adjustments than Woody did his entire time here.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

Looks like KK is going with mixed groups where Tippett and Woodsy split between NHL and non NHL groups. Considering that we have had shitty starts under both the former head coaches, change is probably good.

This is so much better. McLelland, Woody, and Tippett would have nonsense lines that would never play together in the NHL. 97 with some AHL-ers. Then all 3 would spend the first 10 games of the regular trying to figure out their NHL lines. I love the fact KK is going with what he is going to run in the reg season. There might be some movement based on how good someone plays and they get bumped up- but all in all- it's what we will see on Day 1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Are any of the practices open to the public?
This is the part I miss about Rexall. Go there any day to see the practices and scrimmages, park for free, even get some free food, have a great time and after several players signing autographs for fans. Was easy to go, easy to park for free and very enjoyable. Even had the Joey Moss games back then as well as the Oilers rooks vs Bears games.

It seems odd given that the whole missive of the DT arena and the public funding proportion thereof was to revitalize and get people to the DT. They should revisit making these open because its just a bad look on so many levels. I missed when it was a lot more grassroots and they would let people partake. That also connected with an audience that cannot afford to go to games. Whole families would go to the practices.

At least the one day is available. Hopefully not required to have tickets or go through ticketmaster to get in the event on Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad