2024 preseason (camp, media stuff)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Lucky I caught the first goal of the scrimmage and Celebrinis first.

That's the vicious quick release with power and accuracy that I'm excited to see in the show. He seemed in the prospect showcase, practices, and the rookie tourney like he was gripping his stick and really trying so hard to score, resulting in a lot of high-and-wide type shots, but man, if he dials in, it could be a sick year.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Kostin makes a lot of sense as a forechecker for Celebrini-Toffoli, fills a role and lets us spread talent throughout the lineup as we're still thin on the wing

Every time I watch Celebrini I fall more in love with him as a player, still can't believe he's a Shark
I'm holding my tongue until we see some games in the regular season on Kostin. Spoiler, I think he could be a surprise. He could also disappoint, but we'll see.

Reactions: Sandisfan

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm holding my tongue until we see some games in the regular season on Kostin. Spoiler, I think he could be a surprise. He could also disappoint, but we'll see.
I don't have particularly high expectations of him as far as production goes, but he's a pretty natural forechecker and puck retrieval F1 type for two guys as talented as Celebrini and Toffoli, I think he would fit well with them and certainly presents higher upside than Goodrow or Kunin would in that role

The only other option there is Grundstrom, but I don't know if he's ever played that high in an NHL lineup before so it might not be fair to overexpose him like that

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Kostin-Celebrini-Toffoli
Eklund-Granlund-Graf
Wennberg-Smith-Zetterlund
Goodrow-Sturm-Dellandrea

Walman-Rutta
Ferraro-Ceci
Thrun-Benning

Shoot this forward group into my veins! The D is... something.
Thinking more
Kostin-Celebrini-Toffoli
Eklund-Granlund-Dellandrea
Wennberg-Smith-Zetterlund
Goodrow-Sturm-Kunin.

I see no shot Graf breaks camp with the Sharks, nonetheless in a top 6 role.

Assume they're moving Sturm and Goodrow to different groups for camp so they have more NHL centers to help run lines and scrimmages as Group A would have a Bordeleau-Sturm-Bailey line and Group C would have a Givani-Goodrow-Kunin line.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Kostin and Goodrow can drop the gloves a bit. Makes sense to have them out there with the kids.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Eklund and Granlund had nice shootout snipes, but this one from Celly is dirty.

Hell yeah, edit: great shift, great vision to get it across the entire zone to the backdoor ... backhand pass could have had more pace but it got there for the apple.

Gains zone, high danger pass, breaks up clearly attempt resulting in his team's possession, makes quick manuever that results in defender falling (he didn't have the puck), floats around finds a soft spot to receive pass from Eklund, Thornton-esque (albeit a bit slow for jumbo) cross-ice high danger backhand through two players on team teal, primary assist. He really was dominant .

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Gains zone, high danger pass, breaks up clearly attempt resulting in his team's possession, makes quick manuever that results in defender falling (he didn't have the puck), floats around finds a soft spot to receive pass from Eklund, Thornton-esque (albeit a bit slow for jumbo) cross-ice high danger backhand through two players on team teal, primary assist. He really was dominant .
Only note is that it was Toffoli 73 who dropped it to him before the backhand. Eklund was in the slot and got beat on the backdoor by Hache for the goal. But otherwise hell yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad