Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Only Curtis Samuel has turf toe which is usually a sprain of the big toe.

And stretching in general is overrated when it comes to injury prevention. The bigger question I have is with regards to the soft tissue (hamstring and groin specifically) injuries the Bills have had and whether the reduced time with the Bills S&C staff in the offseason may be a factor.

:dunno:

Some injuries, like say the MVS & Buechele neck injuries, are largely bad luck. But, there is a lot of good research about how non-contact soft tissue injuries can be reduced by quality S&C practices. But, with the NFLPA pushing for more and more time away from organized team activities in the off season, more and more players are spending as much time as possible away from the team's S&C program and working with "their people" back at their home base.

That takes the control these types of injuries out of the control of the team's S&C staff and into the hands of the players and the people they choose to work with.

Yeah....let's just look at the latest injuries:

Trubisky -- Knee injury. That's something that happens, nothing S&C can really do about that.
MVS -- Neck. I'd really like to know how S&C can stop a neck injury.
Morris -- Shoulder. Again, that's a joint. Not a whole lot that S&C can do with that.

As you've said, S&C can really only affect soft tissue injuries......and again as you've said -- they can only affect them IF and ONLY IF they're being seen regularly.

I honestly do not understand anyone that's calling for some review/overhaul of our S&C department.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Shavers and Shorter have glorious opportunities to go and grab a spot. They may not get a better opportunity again, that is some pressure right there.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Shavers and Shorter have glorious opportunities to go and grab a spot. They may not get a better opportunity again, that is some pressure right there.
Shavers could, I doubt Shorter makes the team. Unfortunate that the QBing has been so dreadful and/or nonexistent that the depth WRs really haven't gotten a chance to show anything aside from run blocking and getting maybe 2-3 targets per game if they're lucky

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Shavers could, I doubt Shorter makes the team. Unfortunate that the QBing has been so dreadful and/or nonexistent that the depth WRs really haven't gotten a chance to show anything aside from run blocking and getting maybe 2-3 targets per game if they're lucky
If Samuel is out a few weeks, MVS is out a few weeks, it *could* open up a spot for someone who they went out of their way to keep around last year. I think Shavers has made the team imo, this weekends game could solidify that and possibly get him live looks early on.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Yeah....let's just look at the latest injuries:

Trubisky -- Knee injury. That's something that happens, nothing S&C can really do about that.
MVS -- Neck. I'd really like to know how S&C can stop a neck injury.
Morris -- Shoulder. Again, that's a joint. Not a whole lot that S&C can do with that.

As you've said, S&C can really only affect soft tissue injuries......and again as you've said -- they can only affect them IF and ONLY IF they're being seen regularly.

I honestly do not understand anyone that's calling for some review/overhaul of our S&C department.
Especially after the report card that comes out ever year, where the players themselves have positive things to say about the trainers and facilities. The only kvetch that seems to be reoccurring is the food, but that's not going to impact injuries.

Reactions: Zman5778

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

With 2 second round picks, I would be shocked if Beane didn't move up for an Edge rusher or a WR with the Edge and WR prospects that are in the 20s.

My early favorate is Jack Sawyer. I think he fits what Buffalo looks for out of edge rushers. He's also a punishing defender, and the Bills need more of that type of physicality.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My early favorate is Jack Sawyer. I think he fits what Buffalo looks for out of edge rushers. He's also a punishing defender, and the Bills need more of that type of physicality.
If he is 6'5" 260, that certainly fits the physical profile of what the Bills like at DE.

He went back to Ohio State because he was told he was likely to be a Day 2 pick in 2024. It will be interesting to see what his draft stock looks like heading into the 2025 Draft.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'd love Patrick Payton, he was disruptive last year for FSU. I also don't think Donovan Jackson makes it out of the top ten after this season.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

With 2 second round picks, I would be shocked if Beane didn't move up for an Edge rusher or a WR with the Edge and WR prospects that are in the 20s.

Request: When a article is paywalled could you please post the text for the relevant Bill's info. cheers

Last edited:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Trigger people? Are you referring to the mock draft? My immediate thought was the Bills had a top ten pick or something based on their model projections for the season however they draft 26th. They don't draft a QB. I don't understand why people would be triggered but then again I'm pretty chill so what do I know.

26. Buffalo Bills

Donovan Jackson, G, Ohio State
I'm bullish on the Bills this season, as I believe they will still be able to thrive with that rebuilt receivers room. They will be relying heavily on Josh Allen, which is why I have my eyes on offensive line help in the draft. Jackson is a rock-solid player. He has a very good frame (6-4, 320 pounds), knock-you-back power in the run game, the short-area quickness to pass protect and a ton of experience (39 games, 26 starts). He'll be a longtime starter in the NFL.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Trigger people? Are you referring to the mock draft? My immediate thought was the Bills had a top ten pick or something based on their model projections for the season however they draft 26th. They don't draft a QB. I don't understand why people would be triggered but then again I'm pretty chill so what do I know.
I'm pretty sure Jeremy lost his mind seeing the Bills taking an OG in the 1st round.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
The Bills using a first round pick on a guard would certainly shock me. A tackle would be a different story, especially if Brown leaves. Even C I could see, if they want McGovern back at guard. But guard is probably the position they've demonstrated to be the one they value least throughout their tenure.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The Bills using a first round pick on a guard would certainly shock me. A tackle would be a different story, especially if Brown leaves. Even C I could see, if they want McGovern back at guard. But guard is probably the position they've demonstrated to be the one they value least throughout their tenure.
In order of difficulty to find/importance, the traditional order is:

LT
RT
C
LG
RG

I could see Beane drafting a LT and starting him at guard for a year, then flopping Dawkins and that player a year later..... before just drafting a guard in the first round.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
In order of difficulty to find/importance, the traditional order is:

LT
RT
C
LG
RG

I could see Beane drafting a LT and starting him at guard for a year, then flopping Dawkins and that player a year later..... before just drafting a guard in the first round.

Did you just combine flipping and swapping? Because either of those words would have worked haha. But I like flopping.

And yeah, I think that we need to start grooming the Dawkins replacement sooner than later.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I didn't want to respond to JBs post above speculating they would target either WR or EDGE in the next draft, simply because i think it's pointless even thinking about the draft before the season has started.

But if i were to guess - I'd think OT would be pretty much top of the list at this stage even if Brown has another good season and extends. Possibly C as well.. if Morse's absence is felt as much as i think it might & SVPG doesn't progress as hoped.

I've been taking some time away recently, just catching up with all the training camp developments over the last couple of days. Anyone here close to a final 53 yet? Any major surprise inclusions or cuts?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I've been taking some time away recently, just catching up with all the training camp developments over the last couple of days. Anyone here close to a final 53 yet? Any major surprise inclusions or cuts?
I think the challenge right now is all the short to medium term injuries and not knowing what the plan is to stash guys on IR.

For instance, is the MVS neck injury bad enough that he needs to go on IR? Or, do they expect him to be ready for week 1 and it doesn't change their plans? We just don't know.

I think the closest thing to a major surprise cut could be someone like Mike Edwards because he has missed so much time all off season and throughout training camp and the preseason.

And then you can count on people who did not listen to today's episode from Bruce to freak out when they cut Reid Ferguson for a day.

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad