Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Him being able to get off of an OT block is going to get him places. It's only one game but he looked good in the first game and this was his showcase, next week will be huge for him. Also kind of wonder if they use the hometown team angle and get him on the PS and if someone tries to grab him, they address it then.
IMO, Andreessen could make the 53 over Morrow, who's been dinged up for about 2 weeks now with a core injury. I just think another team would snap him up given what he put on tape last week against some quality starters

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
IMO, Andreessen could make the 53 over Morrow, who's been dinged up for about 2 weeks now with a core injury. I just think another team would snap him up given what he put on tape last week against some quality starters
The fact that before the Milano injury, Andreessen was listed as the 4th string WLB and then he got the start at MLB with Bernard being held out Saturday sure points to Andreessen being in a solid spot to make the 53 man roster out of camp.

Morrow, Spector, and Ulofoshio have all had issues staying healthy throughout camp. It won't shock me at all if Ulofoshio gets the Shorter red shirt rookie year if Andreessen keeps playing well and Ulofoshio isn't healthy when cut down day gets here.

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Can Andreesen play WLB? It's open competition there.
For his chances of making the team, a better question is can he play special teams? If he can provide value beyond his position, that would be a solid boost for him.

LB right now looks like:
IR: Milano
Locks: Bernard, Williams
Probables: Olofoshio
Bubble: Morrow, Jones, Andreessen, Spector

I'd assume no more than 2 of the bubble guys make it. Maybe 3 if they want more depth, but 6 off-ball LB feels like overkill. If Andreessen can play special teams, that makes it easier to beat out Spector, and Jones feels washed to me.

Reactions: Zman5778

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
He would have to choose to go to that team though. The hometown kid angle that was given a shot might hold water. Just thinking of how to get him on the PS, if there isn't a way, then I'm fine moving on from one of the other backers

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
He would have to choose to go to that team though. The hometown kid angle that was given a shot might hold water. Just thinking of how to get him on the PS, if there isn't a way, then I'm fine moving on from one of the other backers
Not if he's claimed on waivers. If he clears, one would think he'd choose the Bills PS over other teams, but the fear would be he doesn't clear.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Not if he's claimed on waivers. If he clears, one would think he'd choose the Bills PS over other teams, but the fear would be he doesn't clear.
Ah, for some reason I thought they were allowed to protect two PS players at the beginning of the season. Those Covid seasons still sitting in my brain

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Will be very interesting to see how this shakes out. If Morris is out, that might open a chance for Davidson.

I think we see Allen/Trubisky on the 53, but they'll elevate a PS guy week one if they need a backup for Allen because Trubisky can't go, which means they need a PS guy.

Will be interesting to see if either MVS or Morris go on IR for cut-down day with the intent to return in 4 weeks. I have to think they'll keep Trubs active and hope his isn't that much longer term.

Samuel out week-to-week for turf toe could be very bad though...that's something that's going to be bothering him for a long time even if he does play...

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
They're going to have to add another QB to DiNucci for the last pre-season game.

Last thing you want is your only backup getting hurt and having to put in Allen in the 2nd half.

Depending on how long Trubisky's out the signee could be QB3 week 1.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I really want Spector on the team. I know he's going up against the local guy for a potential spot but he's been slow-cooking in this defense for a couple years now and I think he has an edge to him.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
It might be time to start question the training staff regarding mass injuries, this used to be a organization this did not happen to.

Do we know when/how Samuel sprained his toe? Feels like it came out of nowhere.
That's two wr's now coming down with it btw (Claypool)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I really want Spector on the team. I know he's going up against the local guy for a potential spot but he's been slow-cooking in this defense for a couple years now and I think he has an edge to him.
The biggest issue with Spector is that he has been unable to stay healthy.

It seems like every year, he gets a shot for a game and then he gets hurt and misses weeks of time afterward.

And he's hurt again now.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I would love to know which stretches the training staff should or shouldn't be doing to prevent this rash of *checks notes* toe injuries.
Only Curtis Samuel has turf toe which is usually a sprain of the big toe.

And stretching in general is overrated when it comes to injury prevention. The bigger question I have is with regards to the soft tissue (hamstring and groin specifically) injuries the Bills have had and whether the reduced time with the Bills S&C staff in the offseason may be a factor.

:dunno:

Some injuries, like say the MVS & Buechele neck injuries, are largely bad luck. But, there is a lot of good research about how non-contact soft tissue injuries can be reduced by quality S&C practices. But, with the NFLPA pushing for more and more time away from organized team activities in the off season, more and more players are spending as much time as possible away from the team's S&C program and working with "their people" back at their home base.

That takes the control these types of injuries out of the control of the team's S&C staff and into the hands of the players and the people they choose to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad