Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
bishop for sure. Sal C believed they wanted to slow cook him. Edwards is new and was the weakest part of the cheifs defense. So pointing out he was a regular starter doesn’t diminish the fact that hes not very good. He isnt the clear cut starter because Hamlin is at his level should tell you something

Last year linebacker was a questions mark and it was devastated with injury . Williams and spector kept getting nagging injuries because they were asked to do too much.
Calling Edwards a starter is disingenuous. He was a backup in KC & only started games when Bryan Cook went down injured.

Reactions: Zman5778

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
There is no football player in a camp unable to run a route, or block, or play their position good enough to be there. "too slow and can't keep up" is just a laughable take. They would be cut or never signed. Rookies have to EARN the starting job over established players. By all accounts Bishop was looking good anyways.
asking a player to be in the NFL is different than asking them to be a starter. Bishop and Edwards are “2s” getting reps with the 1s more than they should. You are pushing them beyond something they can handle and its increasing the likelihood of injury.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
They had LB problems last year because Bernard and Milano both got serious injuries, not because the depth had some minor niggling injuries. And no one in their right minds would say those two were "out of their depth"

Football causes injuries. It's really not more complicated than that.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
asking a player to be in the NFL is different than asking them to be a starter. Bishop and Edwards are “2s” getting reps with the 1s more than they should. You are pushing them beyond something they can handle and its increasing the likelihood of injury.
Then explain why Poyer and Hyde got hurt as often as they did, were they being pushed beyond their abilities too?

If this was the case, every backup should get hurt after a couple of games of filling in for a starter all across the league. God knows there are plenty of guys seeing time who aren't starter quality, we had first hand experience with guys like that for 17 years.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Then explain why Poyer and Hyde got hurt as often as they did, were they being pushed beyond their abilities too?

If this was the case, every backup should get hurt after a couple of games of filling in for a starter all across the league. God knows there are plenty of guys seeing time who aren't starter quality, we had first hand experience with guys like that for 17 years.
Um poyer and hyde missed like 2 games each in a 5 year span during their prime. You’re kinda proving my point.

The year after that 5 year stretch. Micah hyde injured his neck and his backup almost died filling in for him.

I have no clue where people suggest that im saying the only way people get injured is from being a backup. Players get injured all of the time. Good players. Bad one. I do think players that are backup quality asked to play a starters role get injured more often than a starter quality player playing a starters role.

Reactions: Dingo44

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Um poyer and hyde missed like 2 games each in a 5 year span during their prime. You’re kinda proving my point.

The year after that 5 year stretch. Micah hyde injured his neck and his backup almost died filling in for him.

I have no clue where people suggest that im saying the only way people get injured is from being a backup. Players get injured all of the time. Good players. Bad one. I do think players that are backup quality asked to play a starters role get injured more often than a starter quality player playing a starters role.

I love how you moved the goal posts by referring only to a player's prime...as if players in their prime don't get hurt either...

I think your reasoning is completely ridiculous. I've seen backups play a full season when a starter gets hurt in preseason and have no problem, and if you're suggesting Hamlin almost dying has anything to with the fact he was a backup, that might be the single most ridiculous thing I've seen on this board. Hamlin had zero problem playing the entire season until that point.

The bold is the most accurate statement in the entire post, and is the only thing that really makes a difference: It's football. Guys get hurt. We were just unlucky to get multiple injuries at the same position. There is no deeper meaning to it than that. Has nothing to do with the quality of players involved.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Injury or a hit to the individual's confidence.

It sounds insane, but IN MY OPINION a player's belief in his own ability is critical above all else to a player's development. Wish I could substantiate it, but I can't. It's just something I've observed in 20+ years of watching professional sports, which is a terrible litmus test I admit.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I love how you moved the goal posts by referring only to a player's prime...as if players in their prime don't get hurt either...

I think your reasoning is completely ridiculous. I've seen backups play a full season when a starter gets hurt in preseason and have no problem, and if you're suggesting Hamlin almost dying has anything to with the fact he was a backup, that might be the single most ridiculous thing I've seen on this board. Hamlin had zero problem playing the entire season until that point.

The bold is the most accurate statement in the entire post, and is the only thing that really makes a difference: It's football. Guys get hurt. We were just unlucky to get multiple injuries at the same position. There is no deeper meaning to it than that. Has nothing to do with the quality of players involved.
Oh you loved how i moved the goalposts. You loved how i didnt feel like getting in argument about age being a factor in injury risk because im already being bogged by stubborn and ridiculous retorts in the original argument im in. Just unlucky is lazy especially considering the circumstances and the same exact circumstances happening at the linebacker position last year. How many times when the number 2 cornerback was a question mark did we have to sign Josh Norman off the street because 2-3 of our guys would get injured.

Sorry i have to go back, my statement wasn’t hyperbole enough to win this argument. Saying we are just unlucky is the laziest thing ive ever seen on this board. There am I doing this right.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
If three practices with pads with the 1s is pushing players too hard, or asking too much, then the players shouldn’t be anywhere near a football. It’s a hot take for sure.
One of those players ended up in the hospital with heat related illness. That's not something to screw around with or take lightly. Just sayin'

Last edited:

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I like how that Tweet cuts off at "I am confident in Damar Hamlin to..." on here.

There aren't many ways I could end that sentence with any confidence myself haha.
I am confident in Damar Hamlin to….. run a fake punt.

I’m confident in Damar Hamlin to….. not almost die

I’m confident in Damar Hamlin to…… watch the games from the press box.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am confident in Damar Hamlin to….. run a fake punt.

I’m confident in Damar Hamlin to….. not almost die

I’m confident in Damar Hamlin to…… watch the games from the press box.
Damar Hamlin has more starts and snaps in this defense than any other safety on the roster, healthy or injured.

He has looked like he is fully back in OTAs and so far in camp. I'm more confident in Damar started next to Rapp than Bishop or Edwards right now given that neither guy has any experience in this defense and they haven't been healthy enough to get the reps in camp to get ready.

With Joe Brady adding in more pre-snap motion, this will be something to watch out for.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
For me Doggs is addition by subtraction. Why people (media) are questioning the Bills offense is odd to me. What would it take for the Media to question Mahomes/Reed combo offense.
I'm glad he's gone ,and we going to be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad