Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If the injuries to safety continue mounting, or noone shows out, what do people think of signing Simmons? Would he fit in with this defense?
Adding Simmons would be a significant boost to both the floor and ceiling of the safety room, IMO, but he's gotta be asking for more money and/or term than the Bills or any other team are currently willing to shell out.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
This Keon hype has me a bit nervous. I don't love when fans get into a guy because of the personality, which he has in spades. He's done great this camp but there have been countless guys who did good in camp for us at WR who didn't translate to regular duty.

I was once on this page in 2009 claiming that Kyle Williams was a waste of space, so I'm probably more wrong than right, but I think a majority of these catches going to Coleman in TC are going to be targeted at Shakir or Samuel in the actual games.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
This Keon hype has me a bit nervous. I don't love when fans get into a guy because of the personality, which he has in spades. He's done great this camp but there have been countless guys who did good in camp for us at WR who didn't translate to regular duty.

I was once on this page in 2009 claiming that Kyle Williams was a waste of space, so I'm probably more wrong than right, but I think a majority of these catches going to Coleman in TC are going to be targeted at Shakir or Samuel in the actual games.

Odd.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Most the WRs we get enamored with and do nothing are low round or UDFA guys. It’s not like a highly touted college prospect.

He’s already made more plays than James Hardy.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Coleman is the type of 3rd down and RZ target that Shakir and Samuel are not. And he's way better at it than Gabe Davis was.

Coleman won't get Diggs level WR1 targets in 2024. But, he's not going to be a camp star that is non-existant in the regular season, either.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Its no coincidence that the shakiest position on the roster is getting hit with injuries. You ask players who cant keep up…to keep up and they are going to get hurt.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
This is such a dumb take. You have a regular starter and a higher end rookie that got injured, two polar opposites. You want to sit there and imply they can't keep up?
bishop for sure. Sal C believed they wanted to slow cook him. Edwards is new and was the weakest part of the cheifs defense. So pointing out he was a regular starter doesn’t diminish the fact that hes not very good. He isnt the clear cut starter because Hamlin is at his level should tell you something

Last year linebacker was a questions mark and it was devastated with injury . Williams and spector kept getting nagging injuries because they were asked to do too much.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
bishop for sure. Sal C believed they wanted to slow cook him. Edwards is new and was the weakest part of the cheifs defense. So pointing out he was a regular starter doesn’t diminish the fact that hes not very good. He isnt the clear cut starter because Hamlin is at his level should tell you something

Last year linebacker was a questions mark and it was devastated with injury . Williams and spector kept getting nagging injuries because they were asked to do too much.
There is no football player in a camp unable to run a route, or block, or play their position good enough to be there. "too slow and can't keep up" is just a laughable take. They would be cut or never signed. Rookies have to EARN the starting job over established players. By all accounts Bishop was looking good anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad