Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Graham already walking back on the message of his article, even though he knew damn well that those carefully chosen words would serve as the clickbait for readers.

The shitty part is that despite the clarification about the "message" of his article, the dumb echo chamber has already begun:

:rolleyes:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Graham already walking back on the message of his article, even though he knew damn well that those carefully chosen words would serve as the clickbait for readers.

The shitty part is that despite the clarification about the "message" of his article, the dumb echo chamber has already begun:

:rolleyes:
I'm always willing to believe reporting that suggest Pegs is an idiot. Graham took that confirmation bias for a spin for sure.
Nasty "reporting."

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
We have just an absolute ass group of reporters for both our teams.

*Climbs up on soapbox*

It's not just limited to this sport, this city, or even this industry. There is an alarming lack of professionalism and ability across this nation. It doesn't matter if we're talking carpenters, plumbers, engineers, managers, scientists, etc.

I have my theory as to what factors have contributed to / triggered the decline in this nation, but it's evident and supportable. Work-place related injuries/fatalities, recalls, poor product quality (i.e. "planned obsolescence"), mass shootings, drug-related fatalities, bankruptcies, divorce rates... we're not well. And, what's more alarming, there is no recovery plan in the works.

I'm glad I don't have kids.

*Climbs off Soapbox and back into bunker*

Graham has the same issue as Harrington: he just can't resist the temptation to make himself the subject of the story.
I don't consider op-eds and journalism to be one in the same. Journalism, to me, should have emotion stripped away from the material being presented. At the core, there may be a fundamental belief, but the writing should be backed largely by facts/statistics/data. We can argue the validity of the data being presented, but I shouldn't have the writer in my face as I'm trying to wade through the argument.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Allen is going to murder the league this year. A lot of 'experts' point to the lack of weapons Allen has, but having Knox and Kincaid is a luxury most QBs don't have.

Also, seems like Rapp is definitely a starter this year, and the battle for the other S spot comes down the Edwards, Hamlin and Coleman.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Allen is going to murder the league this year. A lot of 'experts' point to the lack of weapons Allen has, but having Knox and Kincaid is a luxury most QBs don't have.

Also, seems like Rapp is definitely a starter this year, and the battle for the other S spot comes down the Edwards, Hamlin and Coleman.
Bishop. Though if Keon was a 2-way player that would really be a story.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

There is an advantage to 12 offensive sets. There is also an advantage to not really having a set #1 receiver.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What's interesting is usually camps open with the defense having the advantage as the offense has to work to get timing down, chemistry, etc. Especially when installing a new system.

The fact the offense already is winning these battles makes me really excited for what they can do in the season.
This is a great "Is the glass half full or is the glass half empty?" situation.

Do we get hyped about the offense, especially the passing game? Or, do we get worried about the DBs?

Hopefully people are more hyped about the passing game.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
This is a great "Is the glass half full or is the glass half empty?" situation.

Do we get hyped about the offense, especially the passing game? Or, do we get worried about the DBs?

Hopefully people are more hyped about the passing game.
Were we ever worried about DB's? Don't start now.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Were we ever worried about DB's? Don't start now.
Given the turnover at safety and the lack of proven depth at boundary CB, I think that DB is an underdiscussed position where there are questions entering this season. The same goes for DE.

The changes at WR have taken up most of the air this offseason. These other question marks have flown under the radar for the most part.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Given the turnover at safety and the lack of proven depth at boundary CB, I think that DB is an underdiscussed position where there are questions entering this season. The same goes for DE.

The changes at WR have taken up most of the air this offseason. These other question marks have flown under the radar for the most part.
Was it our elite CB in Douglas, or our by all accounts great CB in Benford on the boundary that is an issue? How about Elam that has actually played well in games? Now if you wanted to specify safety, I could listen to that.

Reactions: Dingo44

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Was it our elite CB in Douglas, or our by all accounts great CB in Benford on the boundary that is an issue? How about Elam that has actually played well in games? Now if you wanted to specify safety, I could listen to that.
The issue at CB is that neither Douglas nor Benford have gone without missing time over their careers. And behind them they have Elam who while a talented 1st round pick, has been disappointing thus far in his NFL career.

And then behind Elam they have...

If all the snaps at boundary corner go to Douglas, Benford, and Elam, and Elam lives up to being a 1st round pick, then everything will be fine. But, I do not believe that is a reasonable expectation given the past.

Reactions: Zman5778

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
CBSnaps
Benford
824​
Douglas
503​
Jackson
463​
White
182​
Elam
157​
Ingram
8​
Norman
5​

Last season they had 5 boundary CBs with 150+ snaps. Ingram is likely CB4 this year and he played 8 snaps last season. And good luck guessing who might be CB5 this season.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The issue at CB is that neither Douglas nor Benford have gone without missing time over their careers. And behind them they have Elam who while a talented 1st round pick, has been disappointing thus far in his NFL career.

And then behind Elam they have...

If all the snaps at boundary corner go to Douglas, Benford, and Elam, and Elam lives up to being a 1st round pick, then everything will be fine. But, I do not believe that is a reasonable expectation given the past.
The thing about Elam is, he has played well every time he was in the lineup. Something about him the coaches did not like and would not play him. Perhaps it was his use of hands, maybe it is the reliance on zone scheme which he doesn't excel at, but he is a good CB.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
With pads coming on today, we have our first real injury report of camp:

- S Mike Edwards week-to-week (hamstring)
- WR Chase Claypool day-to-day (toe)
- OL Mike Edwards (concussion protocol)

Von Miller, Matt Milano, and Taron Johnson are getting vet rest days today.

[Source: Matt Parrino text line]

And in case you thought the two Mike Edwards injuries were a typo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad