Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I think we are in the transition to the Wade Phillips years. We just happen to have an actual QB during this process. If we had that in the late 90s, we'd have likely won a Super Bowl.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I love how quiet it gets in the NFL this time of year. Calm before the storm. As much as I love the Bills, it's nice to know that the league still can't get it's paws on July...knock on wood.

PS can a mod ditch the draft poll at the top?

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I love how quiet it gets in the NFL this time of year. Calm before the storm. As much as I love the Bills, it's nice to know that the league still can't get it's paws on July...knock on wood.

PS can a mod ditch the draft poll at the top?
I don't follow any other sports outside of the NFL/NHL these days at all... except for the tour de france every July. The post July 1st lull is perfect to focus on that for a few weeks, before the NFL camps start to get going in August.

Reactions: HOOats

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
PFF had McDermott #10 as a head coach ranking. Is there any more disrespect in a league than ranking a defensive minded head coach? Idk how you take a crap team and turn them into a super bowl contender every year and be behind DeMico Ryans.

Also what is up with the Harbaugh love? There is 0 evidence he will amount to anything as an NFL head coach coming from college.
Agree on McDermott. I think he’s been under-rated for a while. There’s a few coaches ahead of him on that PFF list that I could make an argument for McDermott being ranked ahead of them.

As for Harbaugh, I wouldn’t say there’s zero evidence he will amount to anything. He’s already had a lot of success in his 4 years as the 49ers head coach. He took over a 49ers team that was bad for many years and had immediate success.

He took over a 6-10 team and went 13-3 his first season where he won the NFC west, finished 2nd overall in the NFC and made it to the NFC championship game. Then the following year he made it to the Super Bowl, and followed that up with another NFC championship game appearance in his 3rd season. He was 44-19-1 in his 4 seasons in SF.

There’s good reason for the hype. I wish he didn’t land with the chargers but I’m hoping he’s going to at least be a big PITA for the chiefs. lol

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
What would you rather see in the coming month:

-Sign Hyde
-Sign Ogbah or Ngakoue
-Wait until preseason and see how the safeties/Von-passrush look ?
-Save money for in-season/trade deadline

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I just read that Buffalo will use Connor McGovern at C this year. I haven't been following all that closely, but didn't they draft a C? What will happen to the C that they drafted?

Bills To Shift Connor McGovern To C
Entering free agency, McGovern at C was the plan. Sedrick Van Pran-Granger was drafted in the 4th round, though there's a lot to like about him, so they probably figure if he has a great camp and wins the job they can slide McGovern over, but otherwise he can be the backup and develop before taking over. Long-term I expect SVPG to take over, it's just a question of when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium