Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

If this has legs, I hope Beane kicks the tires. Again, he has some serious ammo with extra picks this year to bolster this roster.
Given everything, I don't think he's going to spend any ammo on WR. I think Beane, McDermott, Brady and Allen are just fine with what they have at WR. Besides, Dotson isn't that good......if he can't make the Commanders, I don't see how he'd beat out MVS for #5.

If Beane is going to do any bolstering, my bet is on LB or safety. Maybe possibly a swing tackle.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Given everything, I don't think he's going to spend any ammo on WR. I think Beane, McDermott, Brady and Allen are just fine with what they have at WR. Besides, Dotson isn't that good......if he can't make the Commanders, I don't see how he'd beat out MVS for #5.

If Beane is going to do any bolstering, my bet is on LB or safety. Maybe possibly a swing tackle.
Agreed that LB and S are first priorities to spend mid-rounders to shore up. I also agree that the braintrust is fine with the current WR corps and is betting on Allen to elevate an average group with a good diversity of traits/roles.

I still like Dotson some - not sure I trust the Redskins talent evaluation (especially after two years of Howell balls). He's flashed big amidst the inconsistency.

Amidst all the talk of drafting vs signing Josh's next WRs, I'm sure BB is combing through teams' scrap heaps looking for a cheap top WR3. R6-7 picks are on the table for me.

Dotson will get another look if Washington bails and I could see him becoming serviceable with a great QB. I don't know if our WR depth is so strong to not take a look at him (and other cuts), granted the disadvantage of missing camp chemistry.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Weather update: Current Storms to end by 8pm, but more possible later, Thunderstorm warning ended at 6pm per Chris Brown.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It's not easy to get to a checkdown when the whiff is right up the middle. That guy was accounted for in the scheme and should have been picked up. It's almost entirely on Edwards.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It's not easy to get to a checkdown when the whiff is right up the middle. That guy was accounted for in the scheme and should have been picked up. It's almost entirely on Edwards.
I get the miss but it was in his view and Cook was passing as well. I'm sure it wasn't as simple as we all think but it looks like it was there before he decided to do a standing spin.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I get the miss but it was in his view and Cook was passing as well. I'm sure it wasn't as simple as we all think but it looks like it was there before he decided to do a standing spin.
The problem is he's perfectly justified to have his eyes still downfield at that moment, because the player who came through untouched was accounted for by the scheme and just didn't get blocked. If the unaccounted for guy (who had go around the interior) got there before he got to the hot route, that would have been on Trubisky.

The 2nd down sack wasn't great, otoh, particularly yardage wise, although I couldn't tell if anyone was actually open downfield. I'd put that one more 50-50 on Torrence-Trubisky - Torrence certainly lost the rep to the inside but Trunisky has to get rid of it or at least not lose MORE yards going backwards.

Great open field tackle by Andersson there and Rousseau's eating the PIT RT's lunch.

Hardy should have taken touchbacks in both punts. Lucky to get where he did

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad