GDT: Training Camp discussion - Rifai and Murray on waivers -- Steeves clears

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
A lot of players on waivers. Looks like there will be some claims forsure.

Especially teams with cap space. Wouldn't surprise me to see Columbus add 1 or 2 off waivers.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Myers is the guy they should be protecting.

Rifal is just a guy. If Lily or Tmmins go on waivers or are moved, RD depth is more pressing.
You are prob right given they just waived Rifai. For my, Myers is just a more known commodity, a true journeyman. They generally don’t get claimed. Rifai is more a late bloomer with more unknown given how much time he played in college. But moot now, but Myers could be waived after. They still have Hakanpaa on RD.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Praying Rifai doesnt get claimed.

He's the exact type of player one of our rivals picks up and becomes a permanent player
None of these guys are going to be claimed. There are dozens of Rifai's all around the NHL and AHL who are waived all the time. Rifai is a 26 year old with 2 NHL games under his belt. There won't be a lineup for him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
None of these guys are going to be claimed. There are dozens of Rifai's all around the NHL and AHL who are waived all the time. Rifai is a 26 year old with 2 NHL games under his belt. There won't be a lineup for him.
Leafs could put Matthews on waivers and you would say it's not a huge loss

• Haha
Reactions: Al14

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
A what?

Anyway, I hear Hakanpaa has got his villa sorted on Robidas Island.

The Leafs have 30k of cap space right now, without Pacioretty and Lorentz. If they sign them both to about 1.8M combined, they will need to find more than just Hakanpaa on LTIR.

Dewar has been skating with regulars. Jarnkrok is only day to day and Berube said it wasn't serious. Same for McCabe.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The Leafs have 30k of cap space right now, without Pacioretty and Lorentz. If they sign them both to about 1.8M combined, they will need to find more than just Hakanpaa on LTIR.

Dewar has been skating with regulars. Jarnkrok is only day to day and Berube said it wasn't serious. Same for McCabe.
The sensible one is moving off Timmins. He isn't a PKer and he isn't getting PP time either. They'll just trade Lilly at his lowest value though because Leafs

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
A lot of players on waivers. Looks like there will be some claims forsure.

Especially teams with cap space. Wouldn't surprise me to see Columbus add 1 or 2 off waivers.

Columbus is Cap compliant now.

If they claim someone they'll have to waive someone to get to the roster limit.

David Jiricek is the only waiver free defenseman and there was a lot of complaining from his camp last year.

Maybe Leafs could help them out?

Reactions: Burnie97

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Indeed.

Kampf or Jarnkrok are likely the guys to go, but I did half expect them to throw Liljegren on waivers today and still think they'll move him, unfortunately.

Reactions: therealkoho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad