GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
People keep saying Tavares should be a 3C... does anyone know what the average 3C is? He's a 2C at worst.

Regardless, whoever is "3C" is still getting 18+ minutes a night.

I think it’s just easy to count down the lineup and say 3c and behind Matthews and Nylander he’s definitely 3rd, but it’s more of a 2B situation most likely.

Reactions: arso40

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I was at THIS game last year in person.

It was the single most embarrassing effort top to bottom that I've ever seen. If Berube can't get them to play an honest game, with regular and a consistently good effort, there is no hope for them.

The game I remember most from last regular season was when we played LA on the road and had lost 3 games in a row and 5 of our last 6. Three of those losses came against OTT, CLB and the BUF game you brought up. The fans of the media were all over the team and alot of negativity was around.

The team was ready to play intense hockey from puck drop and played like maniacs. I think halfway thru the game we were outshooting them something like 17 to 8 and in total control and won the game 3-0.

I think consistency with our overall work rate needs to improve if we want to win a championship.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
What's with the games on prime video? Anyone know if they will be on other channels as well?
Last spring, Rogers sold their Monday night package of national games to Amaxon. My understanding is that the games will only be on Prime (and only in Canada) and since they're national games, they like;y will not be in the Sportsnet+ Premium package.

Sportsnet+ Premium includes national games that are on Sportsnet because Premium actually is two packages:

A) Sportsnet channels
B) NHL out-of-market games (does not include national Canadian games)

So, for the past several years, Sportsnet+ Premium has included all national (Canadian national, that is) games because they are a part of package A. They are not a part of package B. So, it seems likely that since the Prime games are national games not airing on Sportsnet, they will not be available on Sportsnet+ Premium.

In fact, if you look at the web page showing what you get with Sportsnet+ Premium, scroll down to the section "Compare all your favourite sports," and click on the info button for NHL National Games, you'll see that Monday Night games are not included in their defintion of national games.

Reactions: OddyOh

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
They bought the rights to those games. This is what the NFL has been doing. It’s smart for the leagues they need the revenue. It’s an inconvenience for fans cause you gotta subscribe but if we want the cap to go up we need these types of deals
I think this was more a move by Rogers rather than one by the NHL. It , if was Rogers' Monday Night Hockey package that was sold to Amazon. Actually, I'm not sure if Rogers gets any money out of the deal or if they just get the savings of not producing those ~25 games (including 5 Leafs games) because Amazon is producing their own broadcasts with their own broadcast crew.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Watching him play is a very good way of seeing the decline, which is what I assume you mean.

Point production at 5v5 went up, but, he struggled on the PP.

I don't trust your eyes.

I'm not sure why you used a random number when the real numbers are easily available, or why you think second and third lines get the same ice time.

Well, turns out my guess was off by 8 seconds...

For that matter, I don't know why, when I explicitly state multiple year stats, you ask "is a single season a trend".

So up, down, up, down is a trend? I guess it is, next year is back up.

But if you think the Nylander and Tavares lines will get equal time, that's your opinion and that's fine.

I think Tavares will still get top 6 minutes.

I think it’s just easy to count down the lineup and say 3c and behind Matthews and Nylander he’s definitely 3rd, but it’s more of a 2B situation most likely.

Depending on who is with Tavares, he could be 1B.

Nylander's line will likely be heavily sheltered.

When talking about where someone fits though, saying 3C makes no sense to me unless you are referring to where he ranks in the NHL.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

The more I hear what Berube says the more I like the guy. I hope he’s up to changing the culture of the team and their on ice compete before they tune him out and quit on him. Imo, they’re going to realize Babcock was a p***ycat compared to Craig.

Oh, and that last question was typical from a reporter who writes for a leftist rag, I wouldn’t line the bottom of my birdcage with the Toronto f**king Star……..

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

This is our year. I am super excited after watching these pressers. Berube is going to make a difference.

The more I hear what Berube says the more I like the guy. I hope he’s up to changing the culture of the team and their on ice compete before they tune him out and quit on him. Imo, they’re going to realize Babcock was a p***ycat compared to Craig.

The question about accountability. He said you can control effort and work and those are non negotiable and if they are not there then there will be problems with him. Also said he expects a consistent effort regardless of the game and wants that identity of they know how they are playing each game.

Finally accountability

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

This is our year. I am super excited after watching these pressers. Berube is going to make a difference.

The question about accountability. He said you can control effort and work and those are non negotiable and if they are not there then there will be problems with him. Also said he expects a consistent effort regardless of the game and wants that identity of they know how they are playing each game.

Finally accountability
Easier said than done, be interesting to see what he actually does when one of the stars pulls a no show, Keefe would bench a fourth liner which was a laughable reaction imo…….

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Point production at 5v5 went up, but, he struggled on the PP.

I don't trust your eyes.

Well, turns out my guess was off by 8 seconds...

So up, down, up, down is a trend? I guess it is, next year is back up.

I think Tavares will still get top 6 minutes.

Depending on who is with Tavares, he be 1B.

Nylander's line will likely be heavily sheltered.

When talking about where someone fits though, saying 3C makes no sense to me unless you are referring to where he ranks in the NHL.
That's ok - I trust my eyes more than I trust yours.

If you're just looking at ice time:

Nylander is up, up, up, over 3 minutes per game from three years ago, so up is a reasonable expectation.

JT is down, down, down, up (13 second), and overall down over 1½ minutes a game from four years ago, so down is a reasonable expectation.

The idea that JT is the third best centre in the league is even funnier than thinking he's a 1B with Matty.

Reactions: Jmo89 and arso40

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That's ok - I trust my eyes more than I trust yours.

I'm not using my eyes, I am saying he produces and plays the minutes of a 2C+, that is backed by fact.

Your posts are backed by nothing.

If you're just looking at ice time:

Nylander is up, up, up, over 3 minutes per game from three years ago, so up is a reasonable expectation.

JT is down, down, down, up (13 second), and overall down over 1½ minutes a game from four years ago, so down is a reasonable expectation.

I am not comparing the two.

Tavares is a 1C/2C and will continue to be one, that's what I am saying.

Your trends are not looking like trends.

The idea that JT is the third best centre in the league is even funnier than thinking he's a 1B with Matty.

You are making up arguments, no clue what you're talking about.

Respond with something that makes sense next time please.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
After that statement I take it your not a fiscally responsible person……..
For f***'S sake, you're talking about the best player in the whole damned league. But I guess you're interested in being the franchise who said no to two of the greatest players to ever play...

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018

Oh, and that last question was typical from a reporter who writes for a leftist rag, I wouldn’t line the bottom of my birdcage with the Toronto f**king Star……..
NHL's Andy Reid

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
For f***'S sake, you're talking about the best player in the whole damned league. But I guess you're interested in being the franchise who said no to two of the greatest players to ever play...
It’s not a question of want, who do you move out to get his cap hit to work? 34? Nope NMC, 88? Nope NMC, 16? Nope he’ll surely have a NMC, 91? Nope, losing his cap hit won’t do it.

That’s all before you consider the fact he’s not leaving the Oilers…….

Reactions: bax

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
It’s not a question of want, who do you move out to get his cap hit to work? 34? Nope NMC, 88? Nope NMC, 16? Nope he’ll surely have a NMC, 91? Nope, losing his cap hit won’t do it.

That’s all before you consider the fact he’s not leaving the Oilers…….
Agreed. Unless he wins a cup this year or next I can’t see him going anywhere. And even if he does win its still unlikely and certainly won’t be here. I hate the nmc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad