Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That’s a nonsense take imo.
Seravelli is crap most of the time.

An RFA with no arb rights and limited nhl experience being unsigned isn’t why a deal doesn’t happen

Except unsigned he could just continue to refuse to sign until he got traded to his choice location. Now he's accepted to play anywhere in the NHL, yes even Toronto with all the bad memories.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That’s a nonsense take imo.
Seravelli is crap most of the time.

An RFA with no arb rights and limited nhl experience being unsigned isn’t why a deal doesn’t happen

It's a last ditch effort from his agent to see if interest grows after signing a slightly lower than expected cap hit. I think the Leafs will be very happy to have Robertson at a 875k cap hit for the year and hope his value grows.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm guessing that Timmins is as good as gone?
I'm not 100% sold on Timmins, however if he breaks out elsewhere, we'll all be angry at our Leafs for letting him go.

Our Leafs need to acquire some future picks for him at least.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm not 100% sold on Timmins, however if he breaks out elsewhere, we'll all be angry at our Leafs for letting him go.

Our Leafs need to acquire some future picks for him at least.
I'd rather keep him and move Lilly, they both have warts, but Timmins is cheaper, and still has upside, Lilly will never be more than he is now and that not worth what they signed him for imo........

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
For as much as people love to shit on this fanbase for pretending they know more than management - literally everybody (well, almost everybody) has seen the blatant issues of our PP for years now. No it's not "getting goalie'd" or being unlucky or some nonsense like that - when 2 out of the 5 players on your PP are complete non-threats for shooting, you're intentionally handicapping your PP for no good reason at all.

I’ve always thought one of their problems is their spacing and body positioning on the PP seems to be off. They always look jammed up and pushed away from facing the net. Then you switch to the Colorado game and all 5 guys are all looking at the net shooting fish in a barrel.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It's a last ditch effort from his agent to see if interest grows after signing a slightly lower than expected cap hit. I think the Leafs will be very happy to have Robertson at a 875k cap hit for the year and hope his value grows.

Agreed. I see no incentive for us now to trade him even if the deal is there

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Unless someone is giving us another Sandin type return for Liljegren I hope it's Kampf/Jarncrok going for a pick.

Jarn out, sign Hakanpaa at 1.5, Lorentz 775k, Patches 1m, leaves 325k to accrue for the deadline.

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Robertson-JT-Marner
McMann-Holmberg-Nylander
Dewar-Kampf-Reaves/Lorentz
Reaves/Lorentz

Reactions: HomelessPepper

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Unless someone is giving us another Sandin type return for Liljegren I hope it's Kampf/Jarncrok going for a pick.

Jarn out, sign Hakanpaa at 1.5, Lorentz 775k, Patches 1m, leaves 325k to accrue for the deadline.

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Robertson-JT-Marner
McMann-Holmberg-Nylander
Dewar-Kampf-Reaves/Lorentz
Reaves/Lorentz
Is Pacioretty+Lorentz+$325k any better than the Jarnkrok+Kampf+$440k we have right now?

Imo, the answer is a clear no

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Is Pacioretty+Lorentz+$325k any better than the Jarnkrok+Kampf+$440k we have right now?

Imo, the answer is a clear no
Assuming Hakanpaa is being signed @1.5 either way it's actually
Kampf+Pacioretty+Lorentz+325k vs. Kampf+Jarncrok + (no cap left)

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Assuming Hakanpaa is being signed @1.5 either way it's actually
Kampf+Pacioretty+Lorentz+325k vs. Kampf+Jarncrok + (no cap left)
With the new injury concerns over the summer, I project Hakanpaa's deal to come in lower than 1.5

Kampf + Timmins might be the only salary cap ballasts Tre is trying to make and then seeing if he can fit everyone in

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I don’t have the stats on hand but I believe our PP has been dropping like a rock towards the last month or two of regular season for a few years in a row now. Just off the top of my head we had those two long 0 for 40 type streaks the last two years to close out the season. Maybe it’s nerves from our end but that would line up with contenders tightening up their games going into playoffs and taking away those passing lanes.
2 years ago, our PP was 27.3% through the last 2 months. 24.1% the year before.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Our LW position is starting to get real crowded especially if Cowan has a great camp and shows he's ready.

Knies, McMann, Robertson, Cowan, potentially Pacioretty, Dewar.

Someone will either need to play their off wing or there's going to be a deal.

Reactions: Jmo89

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We should keep Kampf over Jarnkrok 100%

jarnkrok is horrific in the playoffs. Not just as a leaf but his whole career

he makes 2.2M and doesnt put any pts in the playoffs

Kampf makes 2.4M and brings more to the table with some offnese as a 4C and then being a positive defensive player and PKer

Jarkrok for a 4th would be a good deal.

Though first we should send Reeves down and tell him to take it easy in the AHL and he can come back onto the club in a scouting/small scale managerial role after retiring for his cooperation.

Reactions: Jmo89 and Roo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad