Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Columbus still needs to reach the cap floor comfortably. They won't have any issues reaching it but I wonder if it's a team interested in someone like Jarnkrok or Kampf.

Jarnkrok to CBJ to help get to the floor or Kampf to someone like Anaheim or Jersey for some veteran depth.

I posted mine about a minute after yours... eerie.

Reactions: Folignos Helmet

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
With the Hakanpaa signing official, Leafs must be close to some sort of cap clearing deal.
There really isn't a major need to do so. With a 22 man roster, we are just under the cap.

Of course, if Patches outperforms someone on the roster, we can waive and send someone down, and gain $1.1 mil of cap room... so if he comes under that, still no need to make a trade. If he comes in above... we need to make a trade, for whatever he does get paid.

Noting, there is no room on this team for a Steeves, Cowan, Minten or Grebenkin at the current time. Given the last three are waiver eligible, they'll likely end up being sent down, unless their camp performances are so incredible, that they force us to trade away a veteran player they've clearly beaten for a spot. Steeves... meh... I don't know, I doubt he gets claimed, and I doubt he outperforms anyone by that much.

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
His contract isn't great, I don't know if he's going to be as easy to move as we want him to be

We aren't exactly overflowing with center options either if Domi is going to be a RW

The fact that he didn’t go straight to jersey is crazy to me. Keefe loves him

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sending Timmins down gets them under the cap, right?

Not if they sign Pacioretty. But they could waive Reaves or someone else as well to fit Pacioretty.

I think it's more likely the rumoured trade finally happens... Who knows though

Last edited:

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Not if they sign Pacioretty. But they could waive Reaves or someone else as well to fit Pacioretty.

I think it's more likely the rumoured trade finally happens... Who knows though

If they sign Pacioretty, then another player would get waived. I can’t see a PTO getting much more than league minimum, so that’s easy to fit.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Holmberg getting sent down to the Marlies also works cap-wise apparently, according to twitter (Along with Timmins being waived obviously)

Is he a shoe-in for the lineup like we all believe? I think he's gonna be battling for a spot in pre-season too

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Holmberg getting sent down to the Marlies also works cap-wise apparently, according to twitter (Along with Timmins being waived obviously)

Is he a shoe-in for the lineup like we all believe? I think he's gonna be battling for a spot in pre-season too
I don't think he's a shoe-in for a lineup spot, but he's definitely a shoe-in for a roster spot because as another poster said he'd be a shoe-in to get claimed. Leafs need to hold onto a young cheap developing C like him considering their lack of C depth as is.

Reactions: andora and OVO16

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
The more I look at the lineup the more I see Kampf as the player to move. They can run the following lineup which is very deep:

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Pacioretty-Holmberg-Nylander
McMann-Dewar-Jarnkrok
Lorentz-Reaves

Rielly-Tanev
McCabe-Liljegren
OEL-Hakanpaa
Benoit

This would also give them ~650k in cap space assuming Pacioretty at 1M and Lorentz at 775k which they can use to accrue all season so they can afford an upgrade at 3C.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The more I look at the lineup the more I see Kampf as the player to move. They can run the following lineup which is very deep:

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Pacioretty-Holmberg-Nylander
McMann-Dewar-Jarnkrok
Lorentz-Reaves

Rielly-Tanev
McCabe-Liljegren
OEL-Hakanpaa
Benoit

This would also give them ~650k in cap space assuming Pacioretty at 1M and Lorentz at 775k which they can use to accrue all season so they can afford an upgrade at 3C.

This is what I hope as well. If you can find some solid value for Jarnkrok, maybe he makes more sense to move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad