Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ah Kuli potentially back in the league? Sign me up. Sucks that it would be with the a rival if he ends up making the team.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Kulemin was such a beast on the forecheck and boards, generally won his puck battles in the offensive zone and would get the puck up to the point.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Did Bertuzzi really have a truly snotty reputation, or was that wishful thinking?

I think they kept the better snot.

I recall him being more effective against us as a Red Wing in the past but the overall impression I got from Bertuzzi was quite mixed. I liked his scrappy play and messy hustle out there but didn’t come across as much of a big piece. Trying to think of a historic analogy, but he was probably closer to Travis Green than Gary Roberts or Darcy Tucker. And he was paid quite a bit and the Hawks are paying him a lot.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's rather bizarre I haven't seen much of anything being reported on a lot of RFAs still unsigned.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
God I hope he does. I'd love to watch him play again, even as an opponent.

Guy had such an atypical career. Breaking out by year 3 and then just sort of fizzling out. If he made the Sens it would be an interesting finale that’s for sure.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I recall him being more effective against us as a Red Wing in the past but the overall impression I got from Bertuzzi was quite mixed. I liked his scrappy play and messy hustle out there but didn’t come across as much of a big piece. Trying to think of a historic analogy, but he was probably closer to Travis Green than Gary Roberts or Darcy Tucker. And he was paid quite a bit and the Hawks are paying him a lot.
He had moments.
I think Bert is one of those players that he would look really good in a few games here and there but just okay the rest of the time.
He would scrap and mix it up but not a pest.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
1725718360090.png

That is pathetic.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So is there no one that we can look at bringing in for the 3C hole?

There are no UFA’s that fit that description. It’s unlikely anyone is moving a signed player right now.

Only chance is an unsigned RFA, which I think there are two of… so unlikely. Mercer and Perfetti. But only if their teams can’t come to terms with them and they decide to trade them.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
There are no UFA’s that fit that description. It’s unlikely anyone is moving a signed player right now.

Only chance is an unsigned RFA, which I think there are two of… so unlikely. Mercer and Perfetti. But only if their teams can’t come to terms with them and they decide to trade them.
I would take a hard run at Mercer—love him as a player—but the price would be extraordinant.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

So is there no one that we can look at bringing in for the 3C hole?

Domi.

But many want to separate marner from Matthews, and use Domi there.

Who knows what Berube will do.

Why not both ... move marner away from Matthews and use Domi as a 2/3C?

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Domi.

But many want to separate marner from Matthews, and use Domi there.

Who knows what Berube will do.

Why not both ... move marner away from Matthews and use Domi as a 2/3C?
Best case scenario is that Holmberg takes a big step forward and fills the role. Otherwise it’s probably a deadline move. Domi could fill in 2c but isn’t a checking centre at all. I would play Nylander with Matthews just like Babcock used to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad