Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What a terrible choice that would be, hamper your own development to play in a lesser league because you don't want to play for Toronto and have 0 leverage..

His agent needs to talk some sense into Robertson.
Perhaps his agent is directing him.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
What a terrible choice that would be, hamper your own development to play in a lesser league because you don't want to play for Toronto and have 0 leverage..

His agent needs to talk some sense into Robertson.
That’s your opinion, we don’t know why he asked for a trade, certainly isn’t the coach. What else could it be……..

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm extremely high on Holmberg personally. Last years playoffs I felt he was one of our better forwards in that series. He's sound defensively and when given the opportunity with offensive players, he's shown that he's capable of putting up some points as well. To me, he's our 3rd line center, now and in the future. I personally would love 3 solid lines. If we end up signing Patches. I'd roll with,

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Patches-Tavares-Marner
Mcmann-Holmberg-Nylander
Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Reaves

Ideally we move on from Kampf, Jarnkrok, Reaves and Robertson, as that's way too much cap for a 4th line. If Lorentz shows well in camp, he replaces Kampf as 4th line center. With plenty of options to take that 4th line rw position.

Waiving Kampf for Minten/PTO is a wash Cap wise correct?

I don't see that happening, but if Kampf isn't claimed, he can always be recalled and Minten is waiver exempt.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
With Mercer still unsigned in New Jersey, I would give them a call and see what they might like. He'd be a perfect 3rd line center for this team and possible #2 if he continues to develop.

To Toronto-
Mercer

To New Jersey-
Robertson
Jarnkrok
2nd Round Pick
Doubt Robertson wants anything to do with a team coached by Keefe…….

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yes, he can be traded, but he can still not sign with Jersey, maybe his problem has nothing to do with Keefe, but I doubt it…….
If his problem was Keefe, then he should have no issues signing in Toronto then.... I'm getting dizzy following your theories, as I originally thought it was just the Toronto circus he didn't like???

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If his problem was Keefe, then he should have no issues signing in Toronto then.... I'm getting dizzy following your theories, as I originally thought it was just the Toronto circus he didn't like???
I stated as much previously, no one knows why, definitely if eas solely Keefe you’d assume he’d be happy with a coaching change……

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There is a group that have tied themselves up into so many knots regarding Marner that it's now just become second nature.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yes, he can be traded, but he can still not sign with Jersey, maybe his problem has nothing to do with Keefe, but I doubt it…….

Not to make too big a deal about Robertson, but if demanding a trade is good for Robertson, it is good for everyone.

Leafs should make it uncomfortable for him, otherwise why bother drafting and developing players if they dictate what the team can do way before the agreed upon dates.

It's called earning it and paying your dues, like every other player.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I haven't been a Holmberg booster previously, but he stood out for me in the playoffs against the Bruins.

He played strong and showed a mean-streak that I hadn't seen before.

He's one guy I am watching. I can't think of a better coach than Berube to help Holmberg find his inner d-bag.

I want to see him get a consistent opportunity to play and nail his spot down. He's earned it.

Robertson, man, I don't know what he's thinking. This should be the opportunity that he's waiting for all this time. He and Liljegren should be the 2 guys most horny to get into camp and show Berube what they can do.
I might be the biggest Holmberg promoter here. I believe he would be perfect for 2 C right now. It also slots JT a 3C where he belongs.

Knies Matthews Domi
Marner Holmberg Nylander
McMann JT Jarnkrok

Line 1 - Papi and Domi have chemistry. Knies has the size to help the cycle game as well as net presence to bang in Matthew’s rebounds.

Line 2 - You put elite scoring wingers with a positionally sound and solid player. One who does the little things well. He’s not gonna score 35 goals, nor does he have to. Marner is able to play off wing and be set up man to Willy.

Line 3 - Perfect 3rd line of grinders who can kick in a few goals and play simple North/South hockey. Now, if Cowan is ready he slots here.

Good balance of passers/shooters on each line. Also, a balance of offensive and defensively able players as well.

• Love
Reactions: aingefan

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Not to make too big a deal about Robertson, but if demanding a trade is good for Robertson, it is good for everyone.

Leafs should make it uncomfortable for him, otherwise why bother drafting and developing players if they dictate what the team can do way before the agreed upon dates.

It's called earning it and paying your dues, like every other player.
Be refreshing if the Leafs stopped catering to the player’s demands………

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad