Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Feels like a trade has to come at some point. Unless they are just signing Dewar and maybe Robertson? I'm not even sure they have the space to do both..unless they waive Reaves.
I completely get why Robertson wants out, the circus isn’t for everyone……..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I admire Tampa's decisiveness, but I don't think the changes they've made will make much difference for them. They've suffered too many losses of key players since the championship runs, and I'm not sure Vasi, or Tampa's defense, will return to what they once were. But they also have two Cups and three straight Finals appearances, so they are playing with house money anyway.
I give them credit for teying to improve the team and not run the same old same old. Nothing changes without change and it’s obvious they not content to just challenge for the cup, they want to win it again……..

Hopefully Treliving is taking notes for next summer.
Pizza Boy will do as he’s told………

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I can see Colorado interested in a Jarnkrok for Colton swap. Saves them about 2 million against the cap and the offensive production isn’t much of a difference. Jarnkrok is also pretty versatile upfront.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Brad said yesterday that he had a couple of depth signings that will be annouced in the coming hours, I don't know if that was before or after Hakanpää, Jani was signed but either way he said there were a couple so that means more than one.

I wonder if Tarasenko or Vrana are one of those guys because both played for Berube.

I also wonder if a guy like Lilly gets shipped out for a forward because right now they have to many D

Rielly Tanev

OEL McCabe

Benoit Lilly
Hakanpää, Jani
Timmins
Webber

guys that's to many bodies

Even if you send Webber to the Marlies which I'm sure they will do they have 8 guys who have played NHL games.

That is to many, somebody has to go you can't play 8 NHL D men

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think the sizzle is off this Maple Leafs build because of repeat playoff humiliations with no sign the core guys have matured in any way whatsoever. So if you're a forward hoping to bandwagon on a Maple Leafs top six role you know you're in a revolving door contract, get scapegoated for the core guys failures and you're on the road again just like that. Seems like that last batch of good guys in ROR and Schenn really didn't like what they saw. And I don't blame them. I don't like either.
Excellent post……..

Easy to say from a keyboard. This is embarrassing.

I would just edit and delete this. Really sad.
Truth hurts, don’t read my posts if you don’t want the truth Skippy……..

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Excellent post……..

Truth hurts, don’t read my posts if you don’t want the truth Skippy……..

You pretending to be physically capable of hurting professional athletes if only given the opportunity and faced with personal tragedy is a weird fantasy

There is no truth to any of this

Reactions: WillNy29

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
IMO a perfect free agency would have been:

Tanev @4.5
OEL @3.5
Monahan @5.5
Hakanpaa @1.5
Thompson @0.776

Basically Stolarz vs Logan Thompson is the difference in signing Monahan or not.

View attachment 891252
I think Toronto dropped the ball not getting Thompson, would have helped your cap issues this year running a tandem for under 2m. I know he's a UFA but I'd figure his next contract would have been 3.5m to 4m.

The premium postions in Center and D were outrageous this free agency. Toronto deff needs to find a way to add forward depth through trade or FA.

Reactions: Puckstuff

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So Hakanpaa might be spending most of the season on LTIR?
Apparently his knee is so bad he might never play again, his signing was a bright spot for me yesterday………

You pretending to be physically capable of hurting professional athletes if only given the opportunity and faced with personal tragedy is a weird fantasy

There is no truth to any of this
How do you know what I am capable of Skippy?

What a load of crap that snake oil salesman is...same kind of grand vision he had with the Leafs.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss…….

Reactions: Al14

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Brad said yesterday that he had a couple of depth signings that will be annouced in the coming hours, I don't know if that was before or after Hakanpää, Jani was signed but either way he said there were a couple so that means more than one.

I wonder if Tarasenko or Vrana are one of those guys because both played for Berube.

I also wonder if a guy like Lilly gets shipped out for a forward because right now they have to many D

Rielly Tanev

OEL McCabe

Benoit Lilly
Hakanpää, Jani
Timmins
Webber

Even if you send Webber to the Marlies which I'm sure they will do they have 8 guys who have played NHL games.

Funny tho.
At the start of the season, 7 is too many, but they say you need 9 for a playoff run.
Realistically, Hakanpaa is coming off injury, and both Tanev/Lili get their share of bumps n bruises. Good bet to get 164 games out of this three headed monster.
Edit to add: Vrana is an interesting gamble actually.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Funny tho.
At the start of the season, 7 is too many, but they say you need 9 for a playoff run.
Realistically, Hakanpaa is coming off injury, and both Tanev/Lili get their share of bumps n bruises. Good bet to get 164 games out of this three headed monster.
Edit to add: Vrana is an interesting gamble actually.

Yes and at the deadlinee you should pick up a couple more D men but up until the deadline 8-9 D men is to many.

at the deadline and going into the playoffs yeash you are going to need 9 guys at least.

right now we need a forward and we have 9 D men

right now something has to give

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Shane Pinto as a trade target for 3rd line C? Sounds like he might be available, and he'd really help balance our forward lineup and give us some C depth.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019

Rielly Tanev

OEL McCabe

Benoit Lilly
Hakanpää, Jani
Timmins
Webber

Timmins is getting traded or waived. And Webber is AHL bound.
That leaves 7 which is fine since Tanev will miss games and Hakanpaa is coming off an injury.

The forwards is another matter.

Reactions: Duffman955

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Much better start to FA then last years- at least it's pretty clear that Tre looked at our depth chart this time- the "type" of pieces all make sense.

For a management group that's so risk averse when it comes to moving the big guns... oh boy we're rolling the dice. We've got a 4 year window, and we just locked in Tanev and OEL for all of it. If they can deliver..

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Shane Pinto as a trade target for 3rd line C? Sounds like he might be available, and he'd really help balance our forward lineup and give us some C depth.
He’d be a fantastic get, he’d be my top option with Colton as a backup option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad