Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
2M for Desharnais is insane from Vancouver. It's just 2 years. I really don't see how he plays up to that... he's probably an interesting bottom pair guy but oof.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Ha, I thought the Stamkos deal was 4 x 8 but it's actually 8 x 4, which is pretty bad.

Leafs better not even consider a Tavares extension for a second if it looks like this.

Not only that. Tampa was willing to cut their losses with the face of their franchise. They wanted to take a different direction.

We have to walk away from JT when that time comes

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
How nice....

Coach Q becomes available all of a sudden

Leafs do not address offense from the back end

Leafs still have marner counting against the cap

Leafs don;t have a 2C (Tavares is NOT a 2C anymore)

And.....

SERENITY NOW!!!

8ebabf2f-1548-46e8-bc96-bf447a854632_text.gif

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Avalanche need to cut cap space a lot. Liljegren doesn't work. Maybe Jarnkrok does, but not by much.

I think you're looking at Robertson, Timmins, maybe some prospects like Steeves, Niemela, Kokkonen, etc. I'm sure many teams would take someone like Ross off their hands for a low end package.

there are teams with pelnty of cap space who are going to get sweetners attached to offloading of cap by the Avs

Isn't Landeskog still on LTIR btw?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Waive Timmins
Trade Kampf
Sign Dewar for 1.5

Should give the Leafs 3-4 million, with that add another vet forward. Another Domi type signing would be great, a 40-50 point player

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Decent day so far but get marner jarnkok Robertson kampf outta here and we’re talking.

Our division gets stronger as well.
Who got stronger other than Boston? Tampa is worse, Florida is worse, Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit are all just as bad, if not worse in some cases, then they were last season, and Montreal is Montreal. In the Metro, Carolina got a fair bit worse, the Rangers are status quo and the rest of that division remains mediocre. Maybe Jersey bounces back to take a playoff spot. To be honest, I don't think any team appreciably improved today, other than maybe Nashville, but historically those big signings have a way of not working out.

I think the Leafs did quite well. The defense is greatly improved relative to last season. The goaltending will be very good, even if Woll gets injured. The forward group has the most questions as of now, but that is the easier group to upgrade as the season progresses.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
How nice....

Coach Q becomes available all of a sudden

Leafs do not address offense from the back end

Leafs still have marner counting against the cap

Leafs don;t have a 2C (Tavares is NOT a 2C anymore)

And.....

SERENITY NOW!!!

8ebabf2f-1548-46e8-bc96-bf447a854632_text.gif

Bet99man is probably having a good laugh right now. We all know how much he hates Toronto extra special.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad