Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
At some point you should accept the fact that MLSE would likely want no part of the media scrutiny that would meet Q here.

Q did nothing wrong. It was the CORRUPT media that painted him with the wrong brush making up stories that weren't true. It is in legal filings. His daughter has tweets up on twitter stating as such.

Q could potentially file defamation case for maligning his name without evidence.

play him in top6 pump up his trade value and then if needed trade him for improved return. right now the return is going to be trash. hold on to robertson. we are not running a charity here

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Q did nothing wrong. It was the CORRUPT media that painted him with the wrong brush making up stories that weren't true. It is in legal filings. His daughter has tweets up on twitter stating as such.

Q could potentially file defamation case for maligning his name without evidence.
Okay.

On a separate point, Nashville signing a useful back-up goalie is interesting.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

play him in top6 pump up his trade value and then if needed trade him for improved return. right now the return is going to be trash. hold on to robertson. we are not running a charity here

Lmao, he would get laughed out of court :biglaugh:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Skinner should bet on Edmonton to me but he's from the GTA and just as good of an opportunity to play a lot of good minutes here and finally play some playoff games. Leafs need goal scoring depth, especially with Bertuzzi gone and Robertson likely traded, so he would fit in that very well.
Play with Mathews or play with McDavid for next contract?

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Anyone reputable? My head cannon is in full hopium about Vegas. But I don't think he waives tbh.
I don't see a trade fit for us after our free agents signing..maybe a karllson + 1st + shapovaliv or dorofeyev..otherwise nothing interesting there , Theodore is not interesting right now with our ld depth

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Why do you guys think you know more than insiders? Friedman isn’t the first person to say this today. Players talk, it’s time for HF Boards armchair insiders and GM’s to understand that it’s 100% a factor.

Yes some players would love to be in Toronto. But the reality is most don’t. They don’t want to get shit on daily. And let’s be honest in Philly and in Boston the hockey teams are like the third/fourth most popular teams. US Media give a shit about hockey. ESPN didnt even cover it until this year.

Boston

Patriots
Red Sox
Celtics
Bruins

Philly

Eagles
Phillies
76’ers
Flyers

I'd like for an insider like Friedman to say "I took a poll of x number of players and this is what they say", not "I bet...". That's pure speculation on his part. I could have speculated that too.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Go ahead and see for yourself. Am not posting the entire thread as it would take this thread off topic.

Q would have been a perfect coach for the Leafs. He had hawks playing really well and then he had panthers playing pretty well before he was falsely accused.

berube is good but quite frankly, the blues run had more to do with things just lining up with Peietro, ROR, etc... and Binngington coming up from minors and putting up a show.

berube is good. but Coach Q is a lot better IMO and Bettman screwed Toronto over AGAIN!

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Sprong, Roslovic, Skinner....these are the big forward additions out there that remain

2 goals or less in 13 of our last 14 playoff games and our forward group just got worse.

Good stuff, how exciting.

Reactions: fahad203

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Leafs current forward group is extremely small right now. They need some size bad
I am worried they won't be able to score in the playoffs again.

I do believe they are better in goal and on the blueline, but for the past 2, maybe 3 years they simply can't score enough in close games.

Hopefully Tre has a plan to boost the forward corps. I do belive Knies will be better, but hoping for Cowen or Minten to contribute significally seems premature

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Why do you guys think you know more than insiders? Friedman isn’t the first person to say this today. Players talk, it’s time for HF Boards armchair insiders and GM’s to understand that it’s 100% a factor.

Yes some players would love to be in Toronto. But the reality is most don’t. They don’t want to get shit on daily. And let’s be honest in Philly and in Boston the hockey teams are like the third/fourth most popular teams. US Media give a shit about hockey. ESPN didnt even cover it until this year.

Boston

Patriots
Red Sox
Celtics
Bruins

Philly

Eagles
Phillies
76’ers
Flyers

Yep. This is true for all the Canadian markets but especially so in Toronto and Montreal

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

really? that's truly a shame if that's the case.

honestly i know everyone is like. they are headed to Utah but in all honesty this should have been cleared up ages ago. (even if we still ended up with Berube and I would be fine w/that - at least everything was on the table).

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Yeah... Best D corps we've had in ... 20 years? Or at least close to it. And I am considering for the first time not watching any Leafs games next year.

I don't quite understand why is it that we think we needed defensive upgrade. Our defensive upgarde that was needed was an offensive d-man who can provide offense in additional to rielly and play #1PP unit.

Our forward core has essentially remained the same i.e. running it back......

Marner it seems is refusing to waive his NMC/NTC so we are stuck. I just hope they don't extend marner. if they do then I think I will not be watching leafs as regularly as I had done the last decade plus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad