Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hamonic has one yr left on his contract & when we look at the depth chart at RD it's not that deep. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was pushing for Hamonic's spot in a yr or two.

RD Depth:
Zub
Jensen
JBD
Hamonic
Guennette
Matinpalo
Stanley
Toure

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, I don't know if his pivoting or his backward skating is the true issue but he does get burned by speedier forwards.
When Yakemchuk has to do a quick pivot backward, he does this weird wide stance that's ineffective and makes him vulnerable to get burned.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Hamonic has one yr left on his contract & when we look at the depth chart at RD it's not that deep. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was pushing for Hamonic's spot in a yr or two.

I actually think the Jensen contract lines up perfectly with Yak's timeline. That's not to say he can't jump in and play bottom-pairing minutes in 25-26 but give the kid one more year in the WHL and then close to a full season in the AHL and cross your fingers he can step into a 2nd pairing role in 26-27. Would certainly help the cap situation to have an ELC on the 2nd pair.

Either way it's nice to have a stud RHD in the prospect pool given the atrocious depth on that side.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I actually think the Jensen contract lines up perfectly with Yak's timeline. That's not to say he can't jump in and play bottom-pairing minutes in 25-26 but give the kid one more year in the WHL and then close to a full season in the AHL and cross your fingers he can step into a 2nd pairing role in 26-27. Would certainly help the cap situation to have an ELC on the 2nd pair.

Either way it's nice to have a stud RHD in the prospect pool given the atrocious depth on that side.
it could line up perfectly. As long as he's ready. I don't see this group rushing him as much as the old group would have,

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

I'm hoping someone like JBD can develop enough to be a serviceable #4, while Yakemchuk can step into 3RD after Jensen's next deal. Might be wishful thinking, but if Yak can step up, we can get some sweet ELC savings.

Plus if Kleven emerges and Yak is playing the 3rd pairing with him, we have two goliaths on the blueline

• Love
Reactions: DylanSensFan

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

1720207170273.png

If Poulie says it's elite, it's elite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad