Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Cap space left: $705,333,
$2,680,333 if we remove Timmins $1,100,000 + Webber $875,000

Still need to sign Dewer and a 13th forward. (probably Cowan to start the season).

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Pissed that we missed out on Zadorov
Even more pissed he signed with Boston, he'll be a menace to us come playoff time

here is marner already prepping for 1st round match up against boston

GRaqbchXMAE0zdM

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
the
Going out on a limb and saying that a Richter scale trade happens in Toronto today.
the greatest return in a Marner trade won't do shit to fix what Pizza Boy has done so far. This team is a joke, from top to bottom a f**king joke.........

Reactions: Al14

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
I feel like Zadorov at $5 million would have made more sense than OEL at $3.5 million and Liljegren at $3 million. For the extra $1.5 million you could have gone Moneypuck in the direction of the next Benoit or something like that.
Provided there was mutual interest.

Reactions: francis246

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
absolute JOKE of a team and management really. Even after signigng lindholm and zadorov boston still have 11M+ cap space. most of which will go to swayman but they are still a lot better. their RHD was solid to begin with now they've improved their LHD and added center depth

meanwhile Leafs are f***ing rolling with:
Matthews
Tavares (LOL not even good enough to be a 3C IMO)
Kampf
Dewar
Holmberg/Domi (LOL)

Meanwhile the 22M in cap space is eseentially DEAD capspace for Tavares+Marner as soon as playoffs roll around. More importantly, we've never seen Marner produce ppg without having a prime Tavares or Matthews as his center.

Its just a bad team building mojo when you have wingers making 11+ AAV and have four forwards with 11AAV+ on the roster next season.

They can still salvage teh situation and get Stephenson to play 2C and ship out Kampf+Jarnkrok (4.5M); knowing full well that they will use the 22M next off season to improve the team structure, cap allocation and round out the roster by not re-signigng tavares and marner. Essentially improving bottom 6 and D-core

Quite frankly.... this is the year where I will not be defending Leafs being a JOKE (or Laffs) on the mainboard. Leafs deserve to be laughed at. Sometimes you gotta own up to the incompetence and absolutely stupidity of your management.

Next season is going to be a f***ing JOKE anyway.... Berube isn't a messiah or hell even Scotty Bowman to turn petulant children like marner and basically a has been like tavares into servicable players.

I am just looking forward to 2025-2026 depending on whether or not we can get a 2C this season or not.....
Good , don't watch it next season..

Reactions: francis246

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
absolute JOKE of a team and management really. Even after signigng lindholm and zadorov boston still have 11M+ cap space. most of which will go to swayman but they are still a lot better. their RHD was solid to begin with now they've improved their LHD and added center depth

meanwhile Leafs are f***ing rolling with:
Matthews
Tavares (LOL not even good enough to be a 3C IMO)
Kampf
Dewar
Holmberg/Domi (LOL)

Meanwhile the 22M in cap space is eseentially DEAD capspace for Tavares+Marner as soon as playoffs roll around. More importantly, we've never seen Marner produce ppg without having a prime Tavares or Matthews as his center.

Its just a bad team building mojo when you have wingers making 11+ AAV and have four forwards with 11AAV+ on the roster next season.

They can still salvage teh situation and get Stephenson to play 2C and ship out Kampf+Jarnkrok (4.5M); knowing full well that they will use the 22M next off season to improve the team structure, cap allocation and round out the roster by not re-signigng tavares and marner. Essentially improving bottom 6 and D-core

Quite frankly.... this is the year where I will not be defending Leafs being a JOKE (or Laffs) on the mainboard. Leafs deserve to be laughed at. Sometimes you gotta own up to the incompetence and absolutely stupidity of your management.

Next season is going to be a f***ing JOKE anyway.... Berube isn't a messiah or hell even Scotty Bowman to turn petulant children like marner and basically a has been like tavares into servicable players.

I am just looking forward to 2025-2026 depending on whether or not we can get a 2C this season or not.....

Let's hope the rumors aren't true that they're looking to extend Marner.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Everyone here killed Treliving after July 1 last year, and then loved him on July 2. The leafs aren't done. There will be more moves.
Barely over 1m left after Dewar. UFA window is closed unless they trade Kampf or Järnkrok which is probably not happening.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
But 9 mil x 7 in tampa = 11m x 7 in toronto ...

I'd rather spend the cap from tavares and marner on a top center and a top defenceman next year

This is such BS...how come Boston and New York don't figure in? They have high taxes like Toronto, and I think New York is even higher.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Rielly - Tanev
McCabe - Liljegren
Ekman-Larsson - Benoit

Woll - Stolarz

Is it an upgrade over last year? I’d say it’s a slight improvement but nothing crazy. A little disappointed overall as I was hoping for more impactful changes but I guess it takes two to tangle and clearly Toronto isn’t a very appealing destination anymore.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Wasn't happy with the Tanev/OEL deals earlier in the day, but as the day goes along it looks a little bit better............ A little better. Some awful deals being handed out.

Still not a fan of the term or dollar value. Thought the extra years would bring it down.

Like both the Domi/Stolarz signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad