Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Friedman just released a blog with all of his predictions based off the intel he's hearing.

Zadorov looks like he's Boston bound. Great, we gotta deal with this monster for the next 5 years in the own division

Depends. If Boston is about to give him 5.5-6M for 5-6 years we should celebrate that.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Lots of people saying Bertuzzi is easily replaceable internally, not sure if that’s actually the case though.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Domi was a great line. It also gave two players who would protect Matthews which is the most important part IMO.

Ideally Stephenson is signed.

________ - Matthews - Domi
Knies - Stephenson - Nylander
McMann - Tavares - Marner

We’d need to find a winger to play with Matthews and Domi that can play with a little jam but also fits the price.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lots of people saying Bertuzzi is easily replaceable internally, not sure if that’s actually the case though.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Domi was a great line. It also gave two players who would protect Matthews which is the most important part IMO.

Ideally Stephenson is signed.

________ - Matthews - Domi
Knies - Stephenson - Nylander
McMann - Tavares - Marner

We’d need to find a winger to play with Matthews and Domi that can play with a little jam but also fits the price.
Stephenson is going to nashville

Reactions: hockeywiz542

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Zadorov going to Boston would be brutal for us. He’ll fit into their culture and system perfectly making him an easy top four defenceman and he’ll have his best games of his career against us.
Yep. Classic Anti-Leafs Hockey God's magic.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I wanted Trenin but sounds like he's going to Minnesota according to Friedman.

Maybe target Brandan Duhaime and pair him up for Dewar. Both familar with each other

Reactions: TMLAM34

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
We'll see where else Tre spends the cap space, but we couldn't get near that Bertuzzi deal? I don't know, I had Domi and Bertuzzi pencilled in for around 9m in cap combined. Those two were money with Matthews.

Again, we'll see what else we do, may have other plans for the LW.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Well many geniuses in here barked at Tre for wanting him...they will cry when the playoffs starts
I was definitely not one of those people. Would've been happy getting Zadorov. Brendan Dillon who was my back up option....looks like he;s going to NEw Jersey.

Vincent Deharnais i can see Tre liking

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Am I the only one who doesn't really see a fit for OEL here? I don't mind the player but is the plan to play him in the top 4 if he signs here? I know he had a good year last year in a bottom pair role but I have reservations if he's a viable top 4 option these days.

Reactions: Rude Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad