Canada Soccer Part VII: Qatar Booked Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I have not watched must Columbus, i aim to the rest of the summer (where possible - bloody apple)

The crew play a 3-4-2-1 and Russell Rowe has started or subbed in at all three of those forward positions, which would lead one to believe he's an option on the right, for a second half sub. I see Shaff and Millar sharing the left Friday.

Reactions: robertmac43

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Terrible injury but I believe it means Tani starting and Larin back as a left winger and drop David deeper bc of their solid midfield. (They also play 4231)

Tani
Larin David Millar/Laryea
Eustaquio Osorio
The back 4

Shaff Kone Millar JRR Bair off the bench

The dangerous threats are Rondon and soteldo. I'm sure Laryea will have the motivation to face his former teammate and friend

Reactions: robertmac43

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Terrible injury but I believe it means Tani starting and Larin back as a left winger and drop David deeper bc of their solid midfield. (They also play 4231)

Tani
Larin David Millar/Laryea
Eustaquio Osorio
The back 4

Shaff Kone Millar JRR Bair off the bench

The dangerous threats are Rondon and soteldo. I'm sure Laryea will have the motivation to face his former teammate and friend
I think you will see:

Larin up top

Millar/JD/Laryea

Kone/Eustaquio

Regular back 4

Millar has been at his best when trying to combine with Davies on the left.. We will need some Davies overlaps and some balls in for the big boys.

I do believe Marsch spent Osorio's bullets last game with the idea of not getting Kone a card to be suspended and to have Kone bounce back here.

Tajon may have got back in to start but it will be Laryea used as the blunt instrument down the right, to harass Aramburu and give his all for as long as he can or until we need something else.

Shaff goes back to his super sub role down the left for Millar where he seems to really excel when defenders are just a touch fatigued.

Tani for Larin who can't be playing 90 minutes.

Russell-Rowe down the right for Laryea if we need a goal.

Leaves 1 sub for an unexpected injury or Osorio late for some assurance on the ball.

I don't see anyone else getting into the rotation without something happening.

We miss Tajon for obvious reasons, we miss Hoilett who would have been an option on the right to replace Tajon and we miss Adekugbe to give us a left back that would allow Davies to play as an attacker if need be.

We've given opportunities to Akinola, Cavallini (for way too long), Ugbo and Brym. I do think Theo has some potential as a box forward for long throws or late corners. Tani more of a stretch or counter forward.

I gave very little consideration to penalties here, which could certainly put Osorio in the fray.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
My guess is Laryea replaces him.

ff86745f97f831a0876121e21c94e9ea.gif

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
He is a great athlete, just a bad football player. Cannot do anything with the ball.
This is basically it. I noticed Davies was getting frustrated at times during the Chile match. because he’s expecting the ball movement to go side to side and slowly build up towards the goal but the second Laryea gets the ball he doesn’t know what to do with it. And don’t get me started on Millar. The only hope I have is Shaffelburg has the game of his life

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
What a terrible decision lol. Straight to kicks is amateur hour stuff… this whole tournament seems like it wasn’t organized well at all

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
What a terrible decision lol. Straight to kicks is amateur hour stuff… this whole tournament seems like it wasn’t organized well at all

For the majority of Copa America's history, which has been won by Argentina and Uruguay the most, extra-time has not been utilised after the group stage, except for in the grand finale.

Between 1995-2004, the same rule even applied for the final, with Uruguay and Brazil both winning tournaments in that period on penalties after the game finished all square after ninety minutes. The only tournament that saw the inclusion of extra-time in all knockout games was in 2011. However, this was widely criticised by fans and the usual state of play was reinstated by the time the competition returned in 2015.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad