Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Don’t you sometimes wish your personal fandom would hit unrestricted free agency too?

Like after 30 years as a Leafs fan, I’m just going to test the market and see what the English Premier League might offer for my entertainment hours/dollars.

Too lazy to suffer hope.

With Leafs there is no tension nor surprise.

100+ point regular season commitment.

Early exit time for getting the gardens in shape.

But you know if I had not grown up in the 60's with a winning franchise I'd probably have no loyalty to what has become of this original 6 team.

The worst Original 6 team without question.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So is Domi considered their missing center or a depth winger?

"We’re looking forward to it," Toffoli said of he and his wife, Cat Belanger. "We’re going to another Canadian city. There’s nothing better than playing in a Canadian market. It’s a weird feeling, but at the same time we’re excited. Winnipeg Toronto, the fans are very passionate. I’m excited to go there and keep pushing for the playoffs and try and make a run there.”

More notable UFAs in 2024: Jeff Skinner, Tyler Bertuzzi, Cam Talbot, Ilya Samsonov, T.J. Brodie, Adam Henrique, Sean Walker, Nikita Zadorov, Jake DeBrusk, Viktor Arvidsson, Blake Wheeler, Vladimir Tarasenko, Daniel Sprong, Alexander Barabanov, David Perron, Tyson Barrie, Jakub Vrana, Sean Monahan, Max Pacioretty, Tony DeAngelo, Tomas Tatar, Tyler Johnson, Jack Roslovic, Shayne Gostisbehere, Victor Olofsson, Jason Zucker, Matt Dumba, John Klingberg, Chris Tanev, Pheonix Copley, Anthony Duclair, Pat Maroon, Anthony Mantha, James Reimer, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jonathan Drouin, Corey Perry, Alexander Wennberg, Jordan Martinook, Matt Roy, Jani Hakanpaa, Laurent Brossoit, Anthony Stolarz, Joe Pavelski, Ryan Suter, Cam Atkinson.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Robertson to Pittsburgh for Rielly Smith + Pitts 2025 1st (top 10 protected)

Pittsburgh clears salary to address their blue line and get a young winger for their top 9.

Leafs get some cup experience on the left side for a season and a 1st.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Reactions: Duffman955

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Okay, the $64,000 question ... what if Tanev doesn't agree?
Petition hard to get Ellis and that draft pick back! :sarcasm:

The terms on the Guentzel contract have apparently been agreed to and not yet revealed. Perhaps the fun is being saved for tomorrow's/today's TV shows? I'm thinking this is all 'much ado about nothing' since Brad had a fairly busy day.

Last edited:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Is Matt Roy rumoured to go anywhere? I don’t think his name is seriously linked to any team from what I remember.
Dreger said the Leafs like him but he has his eyes set elsewhere, though didn't specify on the location

Seems like he wants to stay in the States. Dallas would be a good spot for him to takeover the Tanev role

Reactions: KMNRB and Zero1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad