Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Even if they extend Marner it will be for 2025.

Bert was a long shot at best and it would have only made sense at the Domi contract.

They still probably will try to work something out with OEL.

Knies. Matthews. Nylander
Mccann. Domi. Marner
Perron. Tavares. Jarnkrok
Holmberg. Kampf. Dewar
Reaves

Rielly. Tanev
Zadorov. Lilly
OEL Mccabe
Benoit

Woll/backup

Marner isn't waiving his NMC/NTC

I'd rather they just get Lindholm+Zadorov+backup goalie and call it a day...

Domi-Matthews-XXX
Knies-Lindholm-Nylander
McMann-Tavares-Marner
Holmberg-Dewar-Reaves

Rielly - Lyubushkin
Zadorov - Liljegren
Benoit McCabe

Woll
XXX

Get Kampf+Jarnkrok OUT = 4.5M AAV to fill in the XXX + Lyubushkin (2 yr deal)

Then next off season when Tavares and Marner are off the cap re-build your defense; bottom 6 and potentially back-up goalie

P.S. We can keep Robertson too on a 1 yr RFA deal and put Knies on first line with Matthews and put robertson with Lindholm and Nylande

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Didn’t get a qualifying offer. He is a UFA at noon.

Something tells me he's going to Pittsburgh. Not sure why. :D

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Shaping up to be a brutal offseason. But last year treliving made his biggest signings late… so there’s hope yet.
But no inspiring so far. No creativity. Same old shit.

I also feel that general negative vibe in the air but do have to remind myself it is June 30th and precisely nothing has happened so far because nothing can happen yet... and as late as Tre was last year he made all his moves on... July 2.

Reactions: Buds17

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
I also feel that general negative vibe in the air but do have to remind myself it is June 30th and precisely nothing has happened so far because nothing can happen yet... and as late as Tre was last year he made all his moves on... July 2.
Yeah. Hoping some things work out that we aren’t focused on right now. Just seems like all the names on defence that we needed are going to gone, and if we don’t move Marner it’s hard to see a scenario where we improve.

Their are some very intriguing buy low candidates out there that I hope we take flyers on. Remains to be seen I guess.

Hoping we pivot and try and get a Center. Maybe one of lindholm/wennberg/stephenson won’t be expensive.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah. Hoping some things work out that we aren’t focused on right now. Just seems like all the names on defence that we needed are going to gone, and if we don’t move Marner it’s hard to see a scenario where we improve.

Their are some very intriguing buy low candidates out there that I hope we take flyers on. Remains to be seen I guess.

Hoping we pivot and try and get a Center. Maybe one of lindholm/wennberg/stephenson won’t be expensive.

There are a lot of fun reclamation project level guys like Raddysh, A. Nylander, Comtois, Lundkvist, Brannstrom, Boqvist that will be fun dumpster dives due to their recent high pick status, interesting skillset, some remaining untapped potential. Wouldn't mind scooping up a high volume of those players and just see if we have a Michael Bunting, a Carter Verhaeghe, an Anthony Duclair in waiting.

A lot of the roster and depth of the organization needs to be repaired at that level, so if we can't solve all our problems with flashy blockbusters and multiple big signings I hope there are smart bargain buys you can see fill out the org chart.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Lebrun mentioned in the video clip that the AAV will be around 4.5, maybe a little bit more, or a little less. The terms may be 5, 6, or 7 years (to get a lower AAV).

$4.5 million for Tanev would be a lot better than $5 million, just like $3.75 million for Domi is a lot better than $4 million. Hopefully we complete the project with Zadorov, get Brossoit and get a lot of cheap young goodies at multiple positions.

Reactions: Advanced stats

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
There are a lot of fun reclamation project level guys like Raddysh, A. Nylander, Comtois, Lundkvist, Brannstrom, Boqvist that will be fun dumpster dives due to their recent high pick status, interesting skillset, some remaining untapped potential. Wouldn't mind scooping up a high volume of those players and just see if we have a Michael Bunting, a Carter Verhaeghe, an Anthony Duclair in waiting.

A lot of the roster and depth of the organization needs to be repaired at that level, so if we can't solve all our problems with flashy blockbusters and multiple big signings I hope there are smart bargain buys you can see fill out the org chart.
Yes, this is something I’m really interested in. I’m partial to Taylor Raddysh, I think he could be a really good find. I’d love to try Nylander as well, gives us a bottom six scoring option especially if we move out Robertson.

To add to your list, I also would try Jake Bean. We will need to move out some of our pricey depth tho. Reaves, Jarnkrok, Kampf, Timmins. All taking roster space at over league minimum. But you’re dead on—need to find surplus value, bet on talent.

Reactions: aingefan

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
$4.5 million for Tanev would be a lot better than $5 million, just like $3.75 million for Domi is a lot better than $4 million. Hopefully we complete the project with Zadorov, get Brossoit and get a lot of cheap young goodies at multiple positions.

I have thought about this for a while now. I'd be happy with Tanev (3.5M - 4.5M x 5-7) and Big Z (~5M) (would rather Roy, but doesn't sound like we're in the race anymore, and I don't want Big Z to go to Boston), and add Brossoit. And as you said, get some reclamation projects and see what they can do. I think that would be pretty successful off-season (assuming Marner does not waive).

I think this organization went from throwing the rookies into the fire (e.g., Rielly, Schenn) to not playing them consistently (e.g., Robertson). You need to play your tweeners to see what they are.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Better just enjoy the next 3 years, and hope their picks turn out.

Need 4-5 ELSC producing to carry bad contracts.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Better just enjoy the next 3 years, and hope their picks turn out.

Need 4-5 ELSC producing to carry bad contracts.

Don’t you sometimes wish your personal fandom would hit unrestricted free agency too?

Like after 30 years as a Leafs fan, I’m just going to test the market and see what the English Premier League might offer for my entertainment hours/dollars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad