Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Columbus is actually a really nice city imo. Been there many times
I honestly don’t doubt that, but Mitch is married now so it’s kind of a package deal, will his wife wanna go there? It’s not a “sexy” sounding location like Vegas or LA or whatever, but it is closer to home if being near her family is important to her

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Demelo is 4 years younger.
Problem is Demelo wanted to stay in Winnipeg but Tanev has Leafs and Dallas bidding on him. Crazy that Brodie and Tanev signed their last deals the same summer. Brodie has gone off the cliff and Tanev, who some said was made of glass, is gonna get another sweet deal.

Reactions: rumman

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Also, anyone in doubt should go back and read the thread after he got suspended the second time. 90% of the boards wanted him fired into the sun. Now it feels like 90% want him back.
90% of the board wanted him fired into the sun, and 90% of the board liked the return.
Now, 90% of the board hates that we traded him and the return, and wants him back.
And if we ever did it, a year later when the realities of Kadri set in, 90% of the board would hate him and want him gone again.
This board doesn't know what it wants, let alone what's best for the team.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Would Robertson + Lily be anywhere close for Marino?
Don't think the price will be that high at all. If anything, maybe Keefe would love a Jarnkrok or Kampf addition, affordable veterans to bolster their bottom lines. Sounds like they will sign Pesce, so it's looking like some form of dump like the Walman trade. Liljegren and Robertson don't do much for them I don't think, even if their value are fairly good

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
90% of the board wanted him fired into the sun, and 90% of the board liked the return.
Now, 90% of the board hates that we traded him and the return, and wants him back.
And if we ever did it, a year later when the realities of Kadri set in, 90% of the board would hate him and want him gone again.
This board doesn't know what it wants, let alone what's best for the team.
Well, count me in the 10% that wanted him here.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Sounds like NJ wouldn't mind a youngish cheap forward for Marino but the main thing is the other team eat the full cap hit

I'd offer them Robertson or Jarnkrok, McMann if I absolutely had to and take the full cap hit for him

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Demelo got 5 and Tanev is better. Leafs going to have to go big if they want to outbid Dallas which plays in a tax free state.

He may be better, but how much?

My main concern is that Tanev is made of glass and is 34 (I think), so term would be the biggest issue for me.

I wanted Demelo, but I think he is being slightly overpaid, just like Tanev at 5+ is overpaid.

I'd look into Marino if the rumours are true, seems like better value, and then they can go after Montour as a free agent.

Gilles Meloche

I Moe I Moe
Feb 18, 2006
Toronto, Canada
I think Tre makes a blockbuster tonight like this one…

“On this day in 1994, the Maple Leafs traded Wendel Clark, Sylvain Lefebvre, Landon Wilson, and their first-round pick (12th overall) to the Quebec Nordiques for Mats Sundin, Garth Butcher, Todd Warriner, and their first-round pick (16th overall). 🤯

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Well, count me in the 10% that wanted him here.
Same here. That was a video game trade, and if the argument is that people here don't know what they want then that sure as f*** looks bad on someone like Dubas who got millions to figure things out and still went after such a poor fit for the team. We needed a good two way guy and he goes and gets a wannabe Marc Andre Bergeron.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
What tv channel is airing draft tonight? I don't got cable but might get 1 month subscription to just watch tonight lmal

Reactions: aingefan

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Same here. That was a video game trade, and if the argument is that people here don't know what they want then that sure as f*** looks bad on someone like Dubas who got millions to figure things out and still went after such a poor fit for the team. We needed a good two way guy and he goes and gets a wannabe Marc Andre Bergeron.

To be fair to Barrie, I think he was misused under Babcock, he looked good under Keefe.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 3.47.03 PM.png

I am pretty sure these were his stats under Keefe that year, not the best because he is an offensive player primarily, but he was a lot better under Keefe than Babcock since Keefe let him be an offensive player.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
lmao at comparing Jake Guentzel to Matthews. Get ready to get upset when Tyler Toffoli signs, it'll be a lot cheaper too!
Of course Matty is the better player but in 4 years he'll be making $7m more than Guenzel. Sorry, he's not worth that much more. He's a proven playoff loser. One goal in last two playoff series. That's no $13.25m player.

• Haha
Reactions: Albz

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I’ve been pretty consistent on the ‘keep’ train with both Lili and NickRob, but accept the possibility.
I’d want good forward facing, term value.
The Sandin trade for Lili would be the floor, I think. Like a reset trade.
NickRob has a good chance to blow up this year, so it’s hard to peg his value. But a high second and future second might make sense, or a value pickup at a position of need. I could get on board with Marino for example.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Before people blast out unrealistic proposals on free agents.

What amount of money do we have to throw around to free agents?

As much as I love Tanev he’s aging and more than just aging. Sooo many injuries. And he isn’t getting younger.

Reactions: supermann_98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad