Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Liljegren to 2 year extension 3M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Dom's "model" is an absolute joke. $6M value my ass.

Liljegren has one of the worst playoff 5v5 xGF% (40%) and actual GF% (46%) over the last three seasons. Also a whopping one assist in 13 games. Only Holl & Giordano played comparable minutes with a worse GF% and they're gone for good reason.
Dom's a tool. A Leafs homer masquerading as some sort of analytics guru. I don't think I've ever seen him be right on anything.

Reactions: Ports and rumman

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Richer than I’d like for two years but I’m glad they’re keeping him.. there’s room for growth and I really want to see what he can do under Berube.

Folks were jealous of Florida’s ability to have so many good players on value contracts, like Verhaeghe, Bennett, Forsling, and Montour. They took some chances on guys who have had ups and downs in their development but have shown promise. I think Lily has more offense in his game.
Guy gets his chances, he just can't stay healthy long enough to solidify himself. He does seem to get targeted and ultimately pasted over and over in the playoffs.

Reactions: rumman

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Assuming he's not dealt this seems to indicate he's pegged for a top-4 slot, likely on the second pair with McCabe.

Otherwise, $3M for a mediocre 3rd unit RD on a top-heavy team that badly needs every dollar of cap space utilized properly to fill out the depth, is not smart.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Been able to play a playoff game effectively for starters. 20 goal season. 72 point season. A lot of things actually. Lilly can’t even make the top 6D on a trash D core for a playoff game.
A good season 6 years ago. One has 13 playoff games under his belt half of which came this year, the other has 57.. Grasping at straws here.

Morgan Rielly has proven time and time again that he has zero defensive acumen. He’s not even in the same league as liljegren on the defensive side of the game.

Reactions: arso40

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
A good season 6 years ago. One has 13 playoff games under his belt half of which came this year, the other has 57.. Grasping at straws here.

Morgan Rielly has proven time and time again that he has zero defensive acumen. He’s not even in the same league as liljegren on the defensive side of the game.
Did you just come from Reddit? They love the signing maybe go talk about it there.

• Haha
Reactions: Larcos_Unal

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
yep and every game Ive seen him in the playoffs the puck goes in his corner a lot and he gets pasted.
And who was the pylon that let pasta walk right in on Samsonov unscathed, failing to position himself properly? You know, the play that led to the game 7 OT winner? Guy is a Direct contributor to our defensive shortcomings time and time again..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00