Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I saw recent stories linking Leafs to Amadio. Not sure if it is click bait, but I would take him back on a cheap deal. He became an effective player with Vegas.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Tanev feels pretty primed for us giving him way too many years with the intention of him being on LTIR for 2+ years to lower the AAV and secure the player

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Don't understand how Domi signed for 1 x 3M, basically did what was expected and now definitely deserves 4x4

He clearly wants to be a Leaf, badly. Squeeze him for 3x3. I really don't imagine he's going to find a big market out there for him on July 1st. Guy has one great skill, passing. Nothing else about his game is remarkable.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Don't understand how Domi signed for 1 x 3M, basically did what was expected and now definitely deserves 4x4

He clearly wants to be a Leaf, badly. Squeeze him for 3x3. I really don't imagine he's going to find a big market out there for him on July 1st. Guy has one great skill, passing. Nothing else about his game is remarkable.
Agreed. 4x4 is awful for Domi.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

He will also jump anyone, at any time, for even gazing it Matty's direction, which I enjoy as well :laugh:

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010

Agreed , if there was no market for him at 4x4 last year, why would there be a market for him this year? He had 9 freaking goals last year.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
For you guy talking Domi above, given what I saw and his effort, maybe a 2 x $4M contract sounds about right. Would be great if he scored a bit more instead of being so focused on passing.

His numbers might not be earth shattering, but at least he shows heart.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Domi asking for around 4 x 4 (Friedman).
sign the man Bradley!!

Joshua off the market. Just re-signed in Vancouver. Was rumored to e a Treliving Target

I see pivoting to Yakuv Trenin. Treliving wanted him at the trade deadline and was close to getting him apparently
don't mind this we probably would have overpaid him and he is likely due for a bit of regression as well considering how high his shooting % was

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Domi at 4X4 is a lot closer to a good deal than 5M-6M. He was certainly worth 4M this year. I'd rather do 4.5Mx2 lol but he won't accept that

Genuinely curious, why would you want less term for more money for a player who isn't even 30 yet? 4 year contract aligns with our current window with Matthews under contract. I’d rather not be looking to try to re-sign or replace Domi again in 2 years time. 4M is barely top 6 money now let alone when the cap is $10M higher in a couple years. Still hoping for closer to 3.5M anyway, but that’s just because why wouldnt we want best bargain AAV

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Tanev feels pretty primed for us giving him way too many years with the intention of him being on LTIR for 2+ years to lower the AAV and secure the player

I’m actually more than ok with this strategy. Build the best team possible for this 4 year window. And if we have to LTIR a couple years at the end to keep the AAV low, so be it. At least Tanev isn’t 35 yet.

That said, Tanev isn’t my top D target by any means. But he can certainly help in certain elements.

Last edited:

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Yeah sorry I’m not liking that 4X4 for Domi. Also absolutely hate this rumor of giving Tanev 5 years… like WTF are we doing? Rielly needs help on D. We need another guy that can move the puck, Tanev is a 34 year old physical D-man that we’re used to… might as well keep Marner and try the same thing again for the 9th time

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It’s kind of a terrible fit if you ask me. Hometown local kid who might want to be here but probably not for any good competitive reason. A complete playoff rookie at 30 whatever.
Not a advocate for or against Skinner, but they said the same thing about Bouwmeister, just cause you’ve never made the playoffs shouldn’t be equated with playoff failure, at least he has a reason for not putting up playoff points……..

I'm on the McGroarty train. Get this kid on this team - he wants to play here, he grew up a fan and loves Toronto, and he's NHL ready. Would love to see something around our 1st + Lilly/Robertson/Minten.
Is he though………

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Don’t get the hype for Domi he’s a luxury piece that is not a need at all for this team top 6 winger is like 5 or 6 on the list of needs spending money on him wouldn’t be smart at all unless we completely strike out on all the other guys first

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
“I feel like I could definitely add that leadership ability,” McGroarty explained. “I could come in and bring that compete and energy. Being a kid that’s always been a Toronto fan, I’ve always been a big fan of them. And I got a lot of friends up there so I feel like I’d be comfortable in the Toronto area.”

Typically, a player growing up a Leafs fan is a fun little tidbit for fans and nothing more, but in this case, where McGroarty could potentially have a say in where he ends up, it might work in Toronto’s favour."
Very well then.

I was impressed with him at the WJC and I think he'd be the most ready of the prospects to make the team if he were acquired

Not sure what it would take though.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

If he badly wanted to be a Leaf why was his first ask for 6 mil with term? I say want four years, come in under 4 mil…….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad