Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
As of right now... yeah that's a great move for cap space. To ex Leafs lol.

Lots of time left to see what happens in the next few weeks but I feel like Leafs don't make a move like that very often.

There must be a real hate on for this team with others.

Seems some teams can maneuver so easily. Is it really the ownership being that shit? Hopefully Tre has some breathing room this off season.
For sure a hate on. Teams and players know they can abuse them. Oh well we will see what happens. Glad we don’t play in the west.

Reactions: Burnie97

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Do you think Utah could be a viable option for Rielly? If so what comes back?

That Utah defensive core is in absolute shambles.

I think we see them fill it out through free agency as they likely need 2-3 GOOD defenders coming in.

Is Mo a viable option there? Yes. But Utah will he heavily weighing all options as not just one defender will settle that core.

I think if Mo were to move, its likely to someone like Minnesota, Seattle, LA, St.Louis or Nashville.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Treliving and Shanahan preach change and that it will be a busy/important summer. Still crickets. I hope they back up their words. Off to a slow start.

A lot can't be done until Monday .. but if we're truly going to see a shakeup we should hopefully see a trade soon. May not happen until the weekend though.

Not a lot of time between the draft and free agency.. So we will either see a flurry of trades over the weekend or a lot more than we're use to following the first few days of UFA

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
A lot can't be done until Monday .. but if we're truly going to see a shakeup we should hopefully see a trade soon. May not happen until the weekend though.

Not a lot of time between the draft and free agency.. So we will either see a flurry of trades over the weekend or a lot more than we're use to following the first few days of UFA
Mostly me being impatient but I firmly believe the best time to make good changes/additions is between now and the draft. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but waiting until Monday seems like a sure way to be in the same position as last off-season, which is terrible

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Skinner, Stamkos, Montour, Byram & Greenway
vs
Marner, Kampf, Jarncrock, Domi, Bertuzzi, Brodie & Giordano

Skinner had 24 goals last season maybe better linemates brings those totals to 30 +

Stamkos had 40 goals last season with 41 assists in 79 games still a point per game player. Offers leadership & a Championship pedigree.

Montour also a Stanley Cup champion & the most coveted UFA defenseman. Only a season removed from having over 70 pts.

Greenway is a beast at 6 ' 6 " he had 28 pts in 67 games so can also move up in the lineup in case of injuries, that is also true of Homberg & the entire 3rd line

Leafs suddenly because that much bigger & tougher to play against with the additions of Montour, Stamkos & Greenway with current roster played Knies, McMann, McCabe, Benoit & maybe some playing time for Cade Webber @ 6 ' 7 ".

Buffalo has defensive depth they are stacked, so although you generally prefer to not trade within your division or conference trade works for both clubs. Byram originally on the Avalanche was traded for Casey Middlestat, both players have very bright futures.

Buffalo needs bums in the seats a Marner helps that, Leafs need the cap space & they need defensive upgrades.

Bold moves are needed if Leaf's have any chance at a Cup

I just can't wait to see a line of Skinner, Tavares and Stamkos. Man, they'll put up 90 goals on that line, and still be a collective -110.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
and Caroline started to win the day he left the team...

Skill its one thing but at the end, its not what making the difference in playoff. its caracter and work and you will never get it with Skinner.
i heard that about Eichel and ROR who promptly won cups after leaving the sabres.

I heard about Kessel who won 2.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If I am Tre,

I have the same willingness to move Morgan as I do Marner, and there is absolutely a market for Mo.

I move both without hesitation, and both to add more balance to the roster.

Am I looking for an immediate replacement? No.

But with the assets accumulated and the cap space spared, there is a lot to work with.

I suspect Reilly would dig his heels in more than Marner would to stay though.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Treliving and Shanahan preach change and that it will be a busy/important summer. Still crickets. I hope they back up their words. Off to a slow start.
Getting antsy?

According to Seravelli it could go into August with Marner and paying his bonus due on July 1st is a big thing as well for optimizing the return.

So yeah, we may be waiting a bit.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Getting antsy?

According to Seravelli it could go into August with Marner and paying his bonus due on July 1st is a big thing as well for optimizing the return.

So yeah, we may be waiting a bit.

It's not even about Marner. There are a bunch of other players and assets to make changes.

If you wait until August to make the serious changes to your team after preaching it's just not working, then I think we are about to enter a world of hurt. But maybe this team doesn't need to change much on the team.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
It's not even about Marner. There are a bunch of other players and assets to make changes.

If you wait until August to make the serious changes to your team after preaching it's just not working, then I think we are about to enter a world of hurt.
I think that's only in regards to Marner with August, but yes that may hand cuff you not having the cap space from his deal. Which is why I think it happens not long after July 1st.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If somethings gunna happen it'll be a couple days into July. But I'd bet on Mitch the Bitch to be wrapped up in his blanket in the Leafs locker room come October

Reactions: TimeZone

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

If you wait until August to make the serious changes to your team after preaching it's just not working, then I think we are about to enter a world of hurt. But maybe this team doesn't need to change much on the team.

marner is in driver's seat.

He doesn't even need talk to Treliving until camp.

All changes should be done without marner's name being mentioned.

Maybe they remake around him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad