Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters

leaffann

Jun 23, 2024
Marner 10.9 million ( sign & trade ), Robertson & JT 11 million ( Leafs retain 40 % of his salary ) & the 23 rd overall pick in 2024 NHL draft to Columbus. Leafs retain 4.4 million

Toronto receives Alexander Nylander RFA, Laine 8.7 million & the 4th overall pick in the 2024 NHL draft. Leafs draft Tij Iginla ELC.

Leafs save approx. 5 million in cap savings after Columbus trade.

Leafs trade Kampf & Jarncrock another 4.5 saved against the cap.

Leafs sign Montour 7 million x 7 years, Pacioretty 2 yrs @ 3 million & Stamkos 6 million x 7 years as UFA's

Pacioretty Matthews Nylander
A. Nylander Stamkos W. Nylander
Laine Iginla Cowan
McMann Holmberg Knies

Reilly Liljegren
McCabe Montour
Benoit Timmins
Webber

Woll Hildeby

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Marner 10.9 million ( sign & trade ), Robertson & JT 11 million ( Leafs retain 40 % of his salary ) & the 23 rd overall pick in 2024 NHL draft to Columbus. Leafs retain 4.4 million

Toronto receives Alexander Nylander RFA, Laine 8.7 million & the 4th overall pick in the 2024 NHL draft. Leafs draft Tij Iginla ELC.

Leafs sign Montour 7 million x 7 years, Pacioretty 2 yrs @ 3 million & Stamkos 6 million x 7 years as UFA's

Laine Iginla Cowan
McMann Holmberg Knies

Reilly Liljegren
McCabe Montour
Benoit Timmins
Webber

Woll Hildeby

i think the ducks want marner

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Laine Iginla Cowan
McMann Holmberg Knies

Reilly Liljegren
McCabe Montour
Benoit Timmins
Webber

Woll Hildeby
Shouldn’t the goal of a Marner and Tavares trade be to make the team better?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If 16 and 91 would waive and Columbus agreed to that trade, Calgary will trade up to #3 and take Iginla.
I don't think Iginla the son will be half the player his father was..........

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Not sure about anyone else but I really do not care to have Laine on the team.

The only way I care to have him is if it's a cheap reclamation type project.

Reactions: Mad hatter

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Not sure about anyone else but I really do not care to have Laine on the team.

The only way I care to have him is if it's a cheap reclamation type project.
Anaheim has been looking for a Paul kariya type for years
I say this makes sense
But maybe next year

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Are we really expecting the Leafs to do much trade wise?
I'm not sure what I'm expecting. I would think that we should be making at least two trades in the next two weeks. Is that much?

I believe we've come to that point, where we do need to make a change in the core 4, and it's probable that Marner is the one to go. I think someone else goes too, whether that's Kampf, Jarnkrok, Robertson, or Liljegren... we'll see. Personally I like both of the younger players, but there will be change. I'd love to see a Marner deal that includes some younger players and/or top 10 first round picks. I'd love to grab McGroarty.

Wright + 1st for Marner...
or Marner, Kampf, Jarnkrok for Crouse, McBain + 6OA.

separate deal, our first + Robertson for McGroarty... Adding Wright, or Crouse + McBain AND McGroarty, plus maybe Grebyonkin, Cowan, Minten.... (if they are ready), gives us some pretty big change in the lineup, plus a different kind of player. It also opens up cap to improve the D in a meaningful way, maybe gives us a future 2C... either with Wright, maybe with Lindstrom in the draft... or the cap space to go after Lindholm as well...

Maybe none of this happens, but I do think it's time for some change... and there will be at least two trades in the next two weeks... how big... who knows.

SO in closing... Tre, get to work... COMMON TRADES.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Re: Mcgroarty

There's two ways of thinking about it
As a player- valuation of 1st+good prospect for a player with no track record in the NHL seems ridiculous.

But on the other hand, moving 23+Minten to get to 14 would be seen as a steal, and in this case the 14 has two years of beneficial development and is looking NHL ready.

You're gambling on getting a player that can contribute in your top 6/9 at ELC dollars, and eventually be a borderline core piece.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
COMMON TRADES.

As a player- valuation of 1st+good prospect for a player with no track record in the NHL seems ridiculous.

But on the other hand, moving 23+Minten to get to 14 would be seen as a steal, and in this case the 14 has two years of beneficial development and is looking NHL ready.

You're gambling on getting a player that can contribute in your top 6/9 at ELC dollars, and eventually be a borderline core piece.
If we're playing this game, then McGroarty is more of a known quantity than the 14th overall pick?

I really know nothing about McGroarty, but he seems like another Knies.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm not sure what I'm expecting. I would think that we should be making at least two trades in the next two weeks. Is that much?

I believe we've come to that point, where we do need to make a change in the core 4, and it's probable that Marner is the one to go. I think someone else goes too, whether that's Kampf, Jarnkrok, Robertson, or Liljegren... we'll see. Personally I like both of the younger players, but there will be change. I'd love to see a Marner deal that includes some younger players and/or top 10 first round picks. I'd love to grab McGroarty.

Wright + 1st for Marner...
or Marner, Kampf, Jarnkrok for Crouse, McBain + 6OA.

separate deal, our first + Robertson for McGroarty... Adding Wright, or Crouse + McBain AND McGroarty, plus maybe Grebyonkin, Cowan, Minten.... (if they are ready), gives us some pretty big change in the lineup, plus a different kind of player. It also opens up cap to improve the D in a meaningful way, maybe gives us a future 2C... either with Wright, maybe with Lindstrom in the draft... or the cap space to go after Lindholm as well...

Maybe none of this happens, but I do think it's time for some change... and there will be at least two trades in the next two weeks... how big... who knows.

SO in closing... Tre, get to work... COMMON TRADES.
Yeah, I'm thinking just some minor stuff before camp including some of the bolded. I'll believe a Marner trade when it's announced, not expecting it.

Reactions: bax and ULF_55

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Very nice breakdown. When was the last time the Leafs and Jets made a significant trade (i.e. not Petan)? I wonder if they might be like Calgary and not want to deal with the Leafs unless we overpay.

Reactions: rumman

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Very nice breakdown. When was the last time the Leafs and Jets made a significant trade (i.e. not Petan)? I wonder if they might be like Calgary and not want to deal with the Leafs unless we overpay.
I assume Canadian teams may all be like that

I want basically every move we make this summer to be about the defense corps.

I'm in my late 30s. In my lifetime the best I can say about our Defense is that its been "competent", or in the words of Randy, "Ok, just OK".
I agree. Look at teams that defend really well, and how pucks end up in their opposition's net. Play good-great defense, scoring tends to favour you.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I want basically every move we make this summer to be about the defense corps.

I'm in my late 30s. In my lifetime the best I can say about our Defense is that its been "competent", or in the words of Randy, "Ok, just OK".
Not every move needs to be about the D corps on it's own. We can make moves up front, that gives us flexibility to make those D changes you want. in the next move. 3D chess so to speak.

Reactions: Rocker13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad