Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Seems to lack logic, if they’re showcasing guys….cuz something is gonna have to give in the next little while.
Unless they’re showcasing Timmins to start, which is actually the most logical starting point.
Guess we’ll see soon enough.
Good point, maybe they are really good at showcasing guys and pumping value. Maybe Robertson, Holmberg, Timmins and Benoit are the guys they are looking to move?

I guess we will see soon enough.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
While I suspect he will follow what LD did, but If they don't come close to repeating how far they got last year, he may opt to jump ship.

Going to be quite the shame of a career if he doesn't get a cup by his early 30s and I don't think he's going to do it in Edmonton

The interesting question is do we just leave all that cap space open on the prayer that McDavid actually wants to come here. That’s gonna be a hell of a lot of money when he reaches UFA

Like, do we let JT and Marner walk and backfill them with on 1 year deals? Feels like a huge risk and putting our team on pause, so it’s hard to imagine us having the cap to add McDavid even if he wanted to come.

Some of the appeal in passing on Marner is the chance at grabbing McDavid...I thought with Leon re-upping it would solidify that he's staying but if they don't have a good year, he might re-think it. Leon can always request a trade after the fact too.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Liljegren for Rutta

Rielly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Rutta
Rifai Hakanpää

The interesting question is do we just leave all that cap space open on the prayer that McDavid actually wants to come here. That’s gonna be a hell of a lot of money when he reaches UFA

Like, do we let JT and Marner walk and backfill them with on 1 year deals? Feels like a huge risk and putting our team on pause, so it’s hard to imagine us having the cap to add McDavid even if he wanted to come.
They could easily drop Marner and Tavares and sign 1yr players to make due until the following season.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I wouldn't keep cap space open on the off chance McDavid wants to come here

Just build the best team possible without wish casting on a guy in another market

Management need to get serious, we can't bank on somebody else going on LTIR to bring those other guys off it
Talk to Berube, work out who you think is surplus to requirements then try to inflate the bejesus out of there numbers so we can get rid of them without taking a bath

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
TDL of we are playing a good game which inspires confidence for the playoffs we should be active

Jarnkrok, Kampf, Timmins, Lilijgren, Minten, 2025 2nd as pieces on the table to faciliate moves

Hopefully our pro scouting team is looming aggresively at bottom 6 centers with speed and good shot and a 2-way RHD who could fit on a 2nd pairing with McCabe as our big moves/targets

Flordia still looks like the cream of the Eastern Conference, so we will need some big moves to close the gap between us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad