Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Seems to lack logic, if they’re showcasing guys….cuz something is gonna have to give in the next little while.
Unless they’re showcasing Timmins to start, which is actually the most logical starting point.
Guess we’ll see soon enough.
Good point, maybe they are really good at showcasing guys and pumping value. Maybe Robertson, Holmberg, Timmins and Benoit are the guys they are looking to move?

I guess we will see soon enough.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
While I suspect he will follow what LD did, but If they don't come close to repeating how far they got last year, he may opt to jump ship.

Going to be quite the shame of a career if he doesn't get a cup by his early 30s and I don't think he's going to do it in Edmonton

The interesting question is do we just leave all that cap space open on the prayer that McDavid actually wants to come here. That’s gonna be a hell of a lot of money when he reaches UFA

Like, do we let JT and Marner walk and backfill them with on 1 year deals? Feels like a huge risk and putting our team on pause, so it’s hard to imagine us having the cap to add McDavid even if he wanted to come.

Some of the appeal in passing on Marner is the chance at grabbing McDavid...I thought with Leon re-upping it would solidify that he's staying but if they don't have a good year, he might re-think it. Leon can always request a trade after the fact too.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Liljegren for Rutta

Rielly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Rutta
Rifai Hakanpää

The interesting question is do we just leave all that cap space open on the prayer that McDavid actually wants to come here. That’s gonna be a hell of a lot of money when he reaches UFA

Like, do we let JT and Marner walk and backfill them with on 1 year deals? Feels like a huge risk and putting our team on pause, so it’s hard to imagine us having the cap to add McDavid even if he wanted to come.
They could easily drop Marner and Tavares and sign 1yr players to make due until the following season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad