GDT: Trades & Free Agency -- Off-season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I've been advocating for Binnington on this board but I'm not sure we can say he has a long resume of strong playoff performances. He has his cup year where he was very good but then back to back years where he was very bad then one year where he redeemed himself.
They got shithoused by a very good Avs team in a sweep, I wouldn't blame Binnington for that one. The cup outweighs all, and he was phenomenal in his last playoff run until he got hurt. That's a guy I'd bet on

I wouldn't give either (Domi/Bertuzzi) more than Kerfoot money.
I'd like to keep Domi. Can put him literally anywhere in the top 9 and he's effective.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Not sue I’d want to resign Bert.. lots of wingers close to being in the lineup.

Save the cap for necessary investment on D and in net.

Need more construct from the back end out
You don't want to re-sign your namesake? You are an insult to Berts everywhere!

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Marner for McTavish 1-for-1.

Go after Guentzel with the cap savings. We know he can perform in the playoffs.
McTavidh can’t stay healthy otherwise I’d fo a one for one swap snd use the leftover money to improve the D…….

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
McTavidh can’t stay healthy otherwise I’d fo a one for one swap snd use the leftover money to improve the D…….

It’s a risk for sure but I just checked and he played 80 games last year and 64 this year which isn’t that bad.

If they go cheap in net then they’ll have enough money to go after Guentzel and upgrade the D.

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Chychrun (extended) for Liljegren + Robertson + 2024 1st?

Ottawa has a surplus of LHD and needs a RHD. They were also in the bottom of the league in terms of goals scored.

Chychrun-Tanev
Rielly-Roy
Benoit-McCabe

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Agreed but if Marner goes, it will be to a team that he extends with IMO.
Teams still don't give up those kinda pieces.

Expect a mid 1st, a 2nd line F / 3-4 D roster player, and a prospect. Unless its closer to an even swap for another UFA to be like Saros

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If the Leafs are able to trade Jarnkrok for a 2nd, would people trade that 2nd along with Hildeby for Knight?

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
If the Leafs are able to trade Jarnkrok for a 2nd, would people trade that 2nd along with Hildeby for Knight?
Shouldn't we be afraid of Knight's cap hit? It's $4.5M. I agree that could be value, but it could also be a problem if he doesn't perform and I think he has been spotty with performance and off ice issues.

I think Florida might have some difficulty getting full value for him. Maybe Kampf + Jarnkrok for him. They can then move those two guys for picks if they want to.

I am torn on this one. It could be a coup to get Knight and he could be an answer. He could also be worse than Samsonov with more money and term.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Chychrun (extended) for Liljegren + Robertson + 2024 1st?

Ottawa has a surplus of LHD and needs a RHD. They were also in the bottom of the league in terms of goals scored.

Chychrun-Tanev
Rielly-Roy
Benoit-McCabe

Chychrun and Roy are too soft to win 4 rounds with. Hell no

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I agree to an extent (he is overpaid), but Matthews plays the more important position, and at least will go into the corner to get a puck.
It’s much more difficult to get a group of guys to change their mentality and style.
Especially when that group has controlled things for years.
Breaking the group makes it much easier.

Reactions: Frostitute

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It’s a risk for sure but I just checked and he played 80 games last year and 64 this year which isn’t that bad.

If they go cheap in net then they’ll have enough money to go after Guentzel and upgrade the D.
Had him in my hockey pool this year, in and out of the line up with injuries………

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I like Theo but I think we need a right handed dman unless we trade Rielly.
no leafs need upgrade in D and they need at least 2 dmen. + Mccabe had been pretty strong as RD so if they get theo and exemple a tanev.

I will be 100% fine with it
Rielly-Tanev
Theo-Mccabe
benoit-???

would be best leafs group last 20 year pretty easily

and personally i prefer to bet on a theodore than an overrated Parayko

Last edited:

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
It’s much more difficult to get a group of guys to change their mentality and style.
Especially when that group has controlled things for years.
Breaking the group makes it much easier.
Oh yes, it definitely is. And that is absolutely what you have to do, is break up the group. I’m really hoping that playing on home ice starts to be an advantage for them, especially in the playoffs.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
i just throw it on the air 3 way deal

to Nashville : Mitch Marner extended

To calgary : Tor 1st round pick + one kemell, wood, molendyk Sveckov or L'heureux

To Toronto Juuse Saros extended and Rasmus Andersson

why that's making sense for calcagy, they are in a rebuild and i don't really they would have any interest on marner or marner to go to Calgary.

Nashville : They was looking to trade Saros last season and with this, they absolutly got was they want with a player like marner who instantly becoming their best foward.

Toronto : Toronto get a great d with Andersson and get their best goalie since Cujo and Ed Belfour at 29. Why i put Saros unstead of Markstrom even if leafs need to give a 1st pick? he's younger and he's better

sign tanev
resign Domi

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Cowan-Jt-Nylander
Mcmann-Holmberg-Robertson
Jarnkrok-Kampf-Reaves/ Dewar

Rielly-Tanev
Mccabe- Andersson
Benoit- ???

Saros
Woll

Last edited: