Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Is that Tanev?

He hasn't been injured very much since joining the Flames. Hasn't missed a game this year and was only day to day a few times last year, maybe missed 12 ish games? Didn't miss a game in 2021-2022. I don't think he's been on the IR for 3 years, at least.
I guess I stand corrected. I just remember the jokes about his Timmins-like luck with injuries.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Tanev was indeed the man of glass for a long time... but the last three years, he's been good.

So I guess... what will the price be for Tanev... and what will Calgary do for D after they trade away two of their top six? Have to go check.

Can we send Timmins in the deal? Gives them a warm body.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Reilly Tanev
Brodie Liljegren
McCabe Peeke

Seeler has really blossomed the last couple of years for the Flyers, hits/blocks especially would be a nice add, he'd likely get more defensive zone starts for Toronto though

Seeler can also drop the gloves and fight very well.

1701392507233.png

1701392536151.png

Peeke

Also solid hits/block metrics.

Peeke gets buried in the defensive zone for a bad team so it's really hard to say.

Seeler's cap hit would be significantly easier to fit in though.

1701392582315.png

1701392609956.png

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Damn, would have easily beaten that offer. Maybe Tre is waiting for more clarity on Klingberg’s situation to have better knowledge regarding the cap space he actually has to use. I hope that was the reason at least otherwise that’s a massive miss.

Reactions: as Pure as Evil

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Damn, would have easily beaten that offer. Maybe Tre is waiting for more clarity on Klingberg’s situation to have better knowledge regarding the cap space he actually has to use. I hope that was the reason at least otherwise that’s a massive miss.

For a rental third pairing D, who thinks he's a top pairing, and wants $5 mil on his next contract?

Reactions: Buds17 and arso40

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
You can only retain on 3 guys and if they go full Fire side they have a lot more valuable players they can retain on

while I agree the later on in the season the lower the cap hit to the new team should they not be in LTIR of course the less likely it is needed for them to retain tho. and even if they go sale mode Lindholm/Tanev/Hanifin are there only UFA's with a substantial cap hit so unless there retaining on all 3 I would have done it now rather then hoping to use all 3 later. as they currently have all 3 spots.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Who gets more in the summer, Hanifin or Skjei?
It's close now and should be close then. I'm giving the slight edge to Hanifin though due to age (and to a lesser extent, draft pedigree).

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Tanev or Hanifin, million dollar question. Tanev fits the ideal partner for Rielly, but he is up there in age. I was against Hanifin a little while ago, now I’m not so against it. He’s not as physical but he can eat a lot of minutes with solid play, and he’s young enough that he’d be around for the rest of our cores prime.

Reactions: arso40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad