Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
6 years of losing and this Moron bails on the plan because he is trying to save his unsaveable job. Yeah just what I want to see as a STH.

I want to see this team win a cup one day not flounder to stay in a useless playoff race they have no chance of actually winning anything in right now.

You don't understand finances eh. Him and his contract is a depreciating asset. He is at his peak value. They couldn't give him away 8 months ago. It's going to cost this team an arm and a leg to get him. They have nothing left to trade whatever it is will be something this team needs not only right now but will be something they need after he is long gone when this team is actually a contender.
If he goes out and trades for a chychrun, weegar level d man and we get a new coach we are absolutely a playoff team for the next 5/6 years at least.

He’s not bailing on any plan. The plan was to draft. And when the time comes to trade for or sign players to help. That’s what’s currently happening. If Mann and his team could draft a d man outside the top 5 to save their life then we wouldn’t be in this predicament.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If he goes out and trades for a chychrun, weegar level d man and we get a new coach we are absolutely a playoff team for the next 5/6 years at least.

He’s not bailing on any plan. The plan was to draft. And when the time comes to trade for or sign players to help. That’s what’s currently happening. If Mann and his team could draft a d man outside the top 5 to save their life then we wouldn’t be in this predicament.

Well... If he trades for Weegar, you're saying goodbye to DeBrincat probably. That might be an ok move but it needs to be kept in mind

Trading for Chychrun seems like it will cost a lot, we won't get him for JBD, Thomson or Brannstrom.

Adding a top 3 or 4 Dman is absolutely a need right now, but we'll have our challenges balancing the cap.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well... If he trades for Weegar, you're saying goodbye to DeBrincat probably. That might be an ok move but it needs to be kept in mind

Trading for Chychrun seems like it will cost a lot, we won't get him for JBD, Thomson or Brannstrom.

Adding a top 3 or 4 Dman is absolutely a need right now, but we'll have our challenges balancing the cap.
Dont think first paragraph is true.

I think Dorion is at least aware of the cap. Weegar only makes an extra two mil more than chychrun. And Hamonic is like going to see a two mil pay cut.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

I think Dorion is at least aware of the cap. Weegar only makes an extra two mil more than chychrun. And Hamonic is like going to see a two mil pay cut.

It'd be very tough.

You'd have to:
• Sign Debrincat for under $8.2M (that means he has to extend and not play on his QO)
• Sign Pinto for under $2.75M
• Ship out Joseph and his $2.95M, replacing the 3rd line RW for $900k
• Sign Brannstrom for under $1.1M
• Replace Hamonic with a $1M player
• Spend no more than $1.25M on a back-up

Unless you're shipping out Batherson or Debrincat, adding a $6M D won't be easy.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Can’t believe some people are game for taking on Weegar or Parayko’s contracts after seeing how much it cost to get rid of Zaitsevs final year
i agree, i want a dman with shorter term

besides chychrun other targets

fowler (3 years after this one)
ekholm (3 years after this one)
fabbro (since we can extend him and control the term)
mayfield (only if we can extend him)
soucy (only if we can extend him)
faulk (4 years left after this one)
peeke (3 years after this one)

all upgrades but without the crazy term

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

It’s actually very tough, with other moves to be made, and then a bunch of minimum wagers.
But possible.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah and I’m not trying to pump my own tires but just agreeing with you on the poor drafting when obvious picks should have been made. Example- if I was at the draft table we would have Carlo and K Miller on d right now.
Problem solved.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Yeah and I’m not trying to pump my own tires but just agreeing with you on the poor drafting when obvious picks should have been made. Example- if I was at the draft table we would have Carlo and K Miller on d right now.
Problem solved.

Would we also have Brady Tkachuk and Jake Sanderson or would we be rolling with Filip Zadina and Marco Rossi?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Weeger doesn’t have an NTC until July.
Yes, that's true. When I looked at the first row in the CapFriendly table, I thought it said that the first year of his new contract (with a NTC) was this year, but its 2023-24.

I guess I wonder even more what Dorion is up to now given that Zaitsev was moved. With regards to Weegar, to bring in a player with a massive contract that can’t be traded for the first four seasons is not necessarily an easy thing to do as the club meets with potential new bidders, many of whom might be opposed to the club taking on more than $50 million in a new contract.

But, who knows now?

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I am not convinced that we're buyers at the deadline (unless it's a longer term solution).

I think PD has been tasked with getting rid of Zaitsev money for a long time and it had to be done before his bonus was paid, he was probably hoping that NZ would increase his trade value even a little bit at some point and it just didn't happen. Garrioch doesn't know anything anyway.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Would we also have Brady Tkachuk and Jake Sanderson or would we be rolling with Filip Zadina and Marco Rossi?
Definitely Sanderson and tkachuk and stutzle. I was all in on those three as early as anyone. Would have chabot but boeser instead of white and mantha instead of lazar.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
So do I. It's an "interesting" situation with Dorion being active in the trade market and a new owner set to come on board in the near future. :popcorn:
I'm sure a playoff "push" will help improve the sale price marginally. So PD probably has some leeway to make a few moves.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'm sure a playoff "push" will help improve the sale price marginally. So PD probably has some leeway to make a few moves.
i doubt anything we do right now has that kind of improvement

bids are coming in now as we speak

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021

It'd be very tough.

You'd have to:
• Sign Debrincat for under $8.2M (that means he has to extend and not play on his QO)
• Sign Pinto for under $2.75M
• Ship out Joseph and his $2.95M, replacing the 3rd line RW for $900k
• Sign Brannstrom for under $1.1M
• Replace Hamonic with a $1M player
• Spend no more than $1.25M on a back-up

Unless you're shipping out Batherson or Debrincat, adding a $6M D won't be easy.

It’s actually very tough, with other moves to be made, and then a bunch of minimum wagers.
But possible.
I have made several roster & salary type posts with detailed spreadsheets in the past based on different ideas and scenarios that people have come up with in here.

What I've learned is no matter what, some folks don't seem to pay any attention to these kinds of posts with numbers in it for whatever reasons. Maybe some people just have an aversion to numbers?

Its kind of a weird situation, but it seems like this Trade Forum thread is more a fantasy type thread based on what some people post.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Well,

Tkachuck, Norris, Stützle Giroux, Batherson, Joseph, Chabot, Zub, Sanderson Forsberg and all our dead cap adds to 60 mil. Bridge Pinto at 2 and sign DeBrincat at 8 and we're at 70 mil. Add 6.5, were at 76.5 for 8 forwards, 4 D and 1 goalie.

5 more forwards 3 more D and a backup goalie to get to 13, 7, and 2 for a 22 man roster.

How do you plan on fitting under an 83.5 cap leaving a bit of room for injuries and such? We need 8 bodies for 7 mil, and that leaves no room for injuries.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I have made several roster & salary type posts with detailed spreadsheets in the past based on different ideas and scenarios that people have come up with in here.

What I've learned is no matter what, some folks don't seem to pay any attention to these kinds of posts with numbers in it for whatever reasons. Maybe some people just have an aversion to numbers?

Its kind of a weird situation, but it seems like this Trade Forum thread is more a fantasy type thread based on what some people post.
Well let me answer a couple Qs.

1. Yes. I DO have an aversion to numbers and any sort of Math.

2. It’s not that wierd it’s a trade forum we offer up trades with no real regard to the cap as we are not employees of the team and there are no consequence to me saying “I want weegar”.

3. Nothing is fixed. Players get traded. Salaries get bought out.

Yeah I think we’re all aware that we can’t just add money and add money and add money and add money and add money.

Reactions: Ice-Tray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad