Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Seems like that's the way it's going. I guess anyone in that situation would do the same thing. Go for it and if you come up short, it's the next guy's problem. What does Dorion have to lose? Nothing really.

At the very least it'll be an entertaining week.
It doesn’t work that way. Any hockey person that comes with a new owner would see any selfish move for what they are, it would help PD any.

This looks a lot like Dorion making moves that he has telegraphed, and the entire fan base has wanted to see.

We all know that a move for a D is coming, not because Dorion is panicking or is being selfish, but because it’s been on the todo list since the summer.

Yup, looks like a GM working within a budget that was already stretched to allow for trading for DBC.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Being desperate to save his own skin is a very sane outlook.

Too bad it's at the long term expense of the team.
If you’re gonna go down go down guns blazing. Has my respect at least

No he's just looking out for #1.

Sens may be a major longshot to make the playoffs but if he makes acquisitions at the deadline and they somehow manage to do it maybe he saves his job and his buddy DJ's too.
Yeah that’s the idea. As he should

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Is there a face to the feeling
1677126450002.png

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I can make myself giddy thinking of the possibility of EK coming back to finish his career.
Talk about a story. You wanna create some excitement?
I’m in, make it happen.

Or parayko. I mean he is a couple yrs younger. Don’t know the full health situation though.

Or chychrun. I mean he is a couple yrs younger….

Last edited:
Reactions: Wondercarrot

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
The only way is to trade for a good D is Chychrun. His low salary for the next 2 years is the only way to also keep ADB and bridge the tight cap we will face for 2 years.
It really makes everything work.
If you knew you could keep the most important players on this roster together for at least 4-6 years would you give up what it costs to get Chychrun while including Joseph.
Let’s say :1st 2024, Pinto/Grieg, Joseph

Can this roster compete far into the playoffs over time.
Otherwise what is the game plan here?
Any other D man means we we don’t sign ADB or anything equivalent.

F- $51.4
Tkachuk 8.2 Norris 7.9 Batherson 5
DeBrincat 8.5 Stutzle 8.3 Giroux 6.5
1 Greig/Pinto 2 1
1 Kastelic 1 1

D- $21.2
Chabot 8 Zub 4.6
Sanderson 1 Chychrun 4.6
Brann 1 JBD 1
? 1

G- $3.75
Forsberg 2.75
Sogaard 1

$51.4
$21.2
$3.75

$ 76.35 million
+ 5 million in dead cap space 23-24 then zero after that which frees up money for Sanderson after next year.

$81.3 million on an expected cap of $82.5 million, room for some injuries/callups.

Reactions: Ice-Tray and NB613

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
The Parayko rumour coming out the day before Zaitsev trade is interesting timing

I can very much see Dorion/DJ having Parayko as their main target

• Wow
Reactions: NB613

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The Parayko rumour coming out the day before Zaitsev trade is interesting timing

I can very much see Dorion/DJ having Parayko as their main target

Can’t see this with the aforementioned salary restrictions Dorion has. Parayko makes 7.5, 8, 8, 8 over the next 4 seasons before tapering down. Would need to shed Batherson just to make it work numbers wise.

Karlsson make’s financial sense. 1 million base salary this season, bonus’ paid, then 39 million in salary (some bonuses) over the next 4 seasons. Chabot would be 38 million in salary over the next 4 seasons with an additional 8 million in salary saved in season 5.

If we’re not trading anymore salary out it’s likely Chychrun coming in. Or we’ll have to settle for Soucy.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If we were acquiring Karlsson or Chychrun then Zaitsev almost certainly would have been involved and he wouldn't have had to be dumped separately, so I wouldn't get my hopes up there.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Any move for Karlsson would not happen until new ownership settles in, however low the chance may be. There’s a decent shot he gets moved before we even have the chance to do anything.

Reactions: Yak

Salva Mea

Apr 4, 2018
Karlsson sells tickets, creates excitement, is the best of all players available.

Might even raise the price the franchise goes for.

+100

different EKs money and parayko is only 3 m... lets try dorion :D ( and impact whole is huge different)

Reactions: NB613

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
If we were acquiring Karlsson or Chychrun then Zaitsev almost certainly would have been involved and he wouldn't have had to be dumped separately, so I wouldn't get my hopes up there.
Are you the type of guy that go to the car dealership to buy a vehicle AND trade in your old vehicle they you would be right. You probably didn't get the best deal.

But P. Dorion is not that type of guy, he will sell his old car in a separate transaction and go to a use car dealership to buy the muscle car he always wanted without checking the engine first cause he is that type of guy.

Cause you guys deserve some humor.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If you’re gonna go down go down guns blazing. Has my respect at least

Yeah that’s the idea. As he should
6 years of losing and this Moron bails on the plan because he is trying to save his unsaveable job. Yeah just what I want to see as a STH.

I want to see this team win a cup one day not flounder to stay in a useless playoff race they have no chance of actually winning anything in right now.

Karlsson sells tickets, creates excitement, is the best of all players available.

Might even raise the price the franchise goes for.
You don't understand finances eh. Him and his contract is a depreciating asset. He is at his peak value. They couldn't give him away 8 months ago. It's going to cost this team an arm and a leg to get him. They have nothing left to trade whatever it is will be something this team needs not only right now but will be something they need after he is long gone when this team is actually a contender.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
What assets are people good with trading for d help? Imo we don't really need another goalie with soogard/mando waiting in the wings...

Talbot/Brassard/Watson/Joeseph/Kelly?
Boucher?
Sokolov?
Lassi?
JBD?
2023 1st?
2024 1st?

Feels like our system has not much left in it. Trading away future picks will deplete that system more--- maybe just a team of luchinis and chartiers in the Ahl 🤷‍♂️

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
What assets are people good with trading for d help? Imo we don't really need another goalie with soogard/mando waiting in the wings...

Boucher?
Sokolov?
Lassi?
JBD?
2023 1st?
2024 1st?

Feels like our system has not much left in it. Trading away future picks will deplete that system more--- maybe just a team of luchinis and chartiers in the Ahl 🤷‍♂️

The only thing off limits should be this years 1st.
It’s the last good pick we are likely to get for awhile.

Sell 2024/2025 1st if need be, not this year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
DJ has definitely not been tuned out, otherwise that would show in effort on the ice.

Have you seen how many of these players play defence? Endless enthusiasm on offense - the coaches job is to make the weaknesses the strengths not let the players have fun and run and gun

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Boucher?
Sokolov?
Lassi?
JBD?
2023 1st?
2024 1st?

Brannstrom
Kleven
Greig
Ostapchuk
Latimer

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Maybe it's my imagination but it also looks like he's aged at least 5 years from last season. The stress is definitely getting to him.

That smile, confidence and focus isn’t there compared to last year. He looked tired in Training Camp - who knows what’s going on if it’s his donut diet, injury or something from his past - but this is EK falling off a cliff type of fall, just a completely different player

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If we want to sign DeBrincat, I think the max we can spend on a top 4 RHD is going to be about 4.5 or so, that requires unloading Joseph, and not getting a vet goalie.

Parayko, Weegar, Karlsson, or any other expensive options like trying to sign UFA like Klingberg or Severson probably won't happen unless we sacrifice a good roster player or they bump the cap up more than expected.

Personally, I'd flip DeBrincat or Batherson if it meant getting a proven top 3 RHD, but while I'd love to add a guy like Pesce, Hronek, or Andersson, those types probably won't be available unless you think Chychrun can play RD, and he's going to be pricey. Next option is targetting guys like Carlo, Roy, maybe Jensen. After that, you can look at less proven options.

It will be interesting to see what option we go with, I'd like to avoid expense options where we hope for a bounce back, so Dumba and Parayko aren't ideal.

We'll probably be looking at guys like Roy, Carlo, Whitecloud, Mayfield, Peeke, Jensen, at least until we know what's going on with DeBrincat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad