Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Ladd was a UFA. Plus he’s no where close to Pacioretty level.
Kessel’s Contract was an issue. I think Toronto is still paying him so his value wasn’t high because they wanted to get rid of the bad contract.

At $4.5 mil for 2 more seasons, Pacioretty is a steal at that contract especially for a perennial 30 goal scorer.

I expect roster player top 9, top prospect and first round pick.

If San Jose came calling it’s Hertl, Meier and first.
Kings? Kampe Clague and first.

Kessel had a no-trade clause (Habs were a team that he'd have accepted a trade to) that handcuffed the Leafs. I understand Pacioretty gets a lot of flack on this board but the fact remains he is a proven scorer in the league, has a sweet sweet contract and doesn't possess any no trade clauses. He is one of the very few offensive talents we have and his contract is a lot more manageable than Weber's and Price's.

Bottom line is even if we don't want to see his face here anymore, we can't sell him short. None of the players you mention have 1st line potential. In fact, I'm not sure one of them possesses 50 point potential (I do think Meier was a terrible top 10 pick and will bust) and the firsts are late firsts.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily demand a center in return though. I just want the best players. If a center happens to be the best player in return, great. I think the Habs have made the mistake of going for needs far too often in the past. E.g I'd much rather have a Pavel Buchnevich from the Rags than a Mcleod from New Jersey. Before we get rid of Patch, let's auction him first to everyone else and take the absolute best offer. Kinda similar to what the Avs got for Duchene and I think Patch is a better player than Duchene with a more attractive contract as well.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I was looking around the league to see what would make sense for Montreal to trade for a #1 center and Bjugstad came up. He is 25, 6'6" and scores around 40-50 points a season, comes in at $4.4 a season.

How does trading Lindgren to Florida who needs a young goalie for Bjugstad sound? Maybe add in Joe Morrow to sweeten the deal? A line of Chucky-Bjugstad-Droin seems pretty good to me.
First of all welcome.

I can see why trading makes sense from Mtl's side: No other goalie than Price will play more than 10 games for the next 10 years. But i would shoot for a higher ceiling type of C. Younger and with undiscovered upside with a great pedigree. STL has many, Fla not so much. Lindgren would not be the main piece.

If i'm Florida i know Lindgren has 0 value to you and thay also have Montambeault, a Quebecois to boot, as a nice prospect.

If i look at Lindgren stats in the AHL this year, yikes. And his nhl numbers are just slightly better than Niemi.

Not a bad trade but another useless one probably.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
To NYI:isles
Max Pacioretty
Carey Price

To MTL:habs
A Signed John Tavares, Pick

To EDM:edmonton
Alex Galchenyuk, Karl Alzner, Mike McCaron

To: :habs
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Puljujarvi

I'm overpaying but I'm getting some decent stuff back that will allow the team to grown long term.
I think Roy Orbison have the answer for your post in a song called " In Dreams "

I close my eyes, Then I drift away
Into the magic night. I softly say
A silent prayer like dreamers do.
Then I fall asleep to dream My dreams of you.

Oh I hope your dream can be true, would be refreshing.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
First of all welcome.

I can see why trading makes sense from Mtl's side: No other goalie than Price will play more than 10 games for the next 10 years. But i would shoot for a higher ceiling type of C. Younger and with undiscovered upside with a great pedigree. STL has many, Fla not so much. Lindgren would not be the main piece.

If i'm Florida i know Lindgren has 0 value to you and thay also have Montambeault, a Quebecois to boot, as a nice prospect.

If i look at Lindgren stats in the AHL this year, yikes. And his nhl numbers are just slightly better than Niemi.

Not a bad trade but another useless one probably.
Florida does have a high end center prospect Henrik Borgstrom.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm a little rusty on gm's reputations. But doesn't Florida need a good young goalien behind luongo and another decent d-man? I feel that it really provides a wi-win for both sides. Florida gets theor young goalie and a d-man, add in a 3rd or 2nd for the cherry on top if you wish as they most likely are sellers at the deadline and Montreal gets a center with offensive upside and unloads one of the many goalies in our logjam of goalie prospects, not to mention that it creates room for young guys by getting rid of morrow.

The problem with the trade isn't what the respective teams needs are, it's the value of the pieces being traded for each other. Lindgren, though a solid prospect is worth nowhere near worth Bjugstad 's value as an established, big young NHL level centre. Eller fetched two 2nds and he's never come close to approaching the points Bjugstad has or had his physicality.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Oilers need wingers to play with all their center....McDavid,Draisaitl,Letestu.......trade Pacioretty,Carr,Lindgren for RNH,Yamamoto,Brossoit.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Pacioretty , Plekanec (2M retained) and Lindgren/Juulsen for RNH and Puljujarvi.

Drouin - RNH - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Puljujarvi
Hudon - Danault - Shaw
Carr - DLR - Byron

Jerabek - Weber (Sheltered as we did with Mete)
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn

Looks good to me , don't think Oilers make this trade however.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Trades I think could work (be fair) for both teams:

Trade 1 -

To Anaheim - Max Pacioretty

To Montreal - 2018 1st, 2019 2nd, Sam Steel, Max Jones

Reasons behind the deal - Pacioretty adds some massive fire-power to a potent Ducks lineup that is just getting healthy and has all the pieces to make another deep playoff run. Adding Max's goals just makes them that much more dangerous, and they don't give up a roster player.

Montreal adds a first round pick in a deep draft, a second rounder in the next draft, a top notch CHL leading scoring center, and a big winger that looks to be a power forward in the making. Great pieces to help them in their rebuild.

Trade 2 -

T0 Carolina: Alex Galchenyuk, 2018 2nd Rounder (acquired from Anaheim)

To Montreal: Noah Hanifin

Reasons behind the deal - Galchenyuk is a proven scorer in the league but needs a change of scenery. Carolina has a strong defensive core, but needs some scoring help up front. Both teams dealing from positions of strength, acquire players that fill holes in their lineup. Hanifin/Weber would be a terrific top pairing defense.

Trade 3 -

To Pittsburgh: Tomas Plekeanec, 25 % retained

To Montreal: 2018 3rd Round pick.

Penguins get a veteran reliable defensive center that can be relied upon for third line minutes. Habs get a draft pick to help in their rebuild.

Trade 4 -

Trade cap space (ability to take on 1 year of bad contract for picks).

Habs would struggle for another year at least, before turning things around with their new young talented players, as they play together and develop.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

Trade 1 -

My only issue with this, is that I know nothing about those two prospects. If as you explained they can be top 6 players in near future then it might be a great move. I'd really love to get Rakell back if I'm trading Pacioretty though. And also not sure they want to add Pacioretty after getting Henrique. Not saying they wouldn't want to add him, but maybe not needing to mortgage futures for that area.

And the other point I'd like to make, is if habs move Pacioretty I'd rather move him for a more sure thing down the middle.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Trade 2 -

Reasons behind the deal - Galchenyuk is a proven scorer in the league but needs a change of scenery. Carolina has a strong defensive core, but needs some scoring help up front. Both teams dealing from positions of strength, acquire players that fill holes in their lineup. Hanifin/Weber would be a terrific top pairing defense.

I've been thinking about a Galchenyuk for Hanifan as a base trade for a few days now. I think the idea of it makes a lot of sense.

Pittsburgh and Edmonton are two clubs I think we may line up well with this season to get some deals done. I don't think Pittsburgh necessarily has the assets we'd require to get Pacioretty, but you'd have to think they would have interest in Byron. I wonder what the return on Byron would be if we are willing to take on the remainder of Hagelin's contract. Sprong +?

Edmonton is another team that I think would have some interest in Byron. Likely one of the few players in the league that could keep up with McDavid and we know Edmonton is going to be in a precarious cap situation soon.

In addition to the Oilers, I'd think that both St. Louis and New Jersey would have interest in Pacioretty. All three have not only expendable, but blue chip futures that would be needed for such a deal.

Do the Devils also make sense for Plekanec @ 50%? I think so.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I dont care what anyone says I would still do the Sergachev Drouin trade its been a tough year for all the habs players and if Sergachev was in montreal it would be no different for him he is not a savior he just on a good team end of story look whats happenning to Karlsson

this team is so bad, stamkos, would not be doing what is doing, in MTL

Reactions: David Suzuki

Jul 6, 2016
Boone Jenner could be an interesting option. Ryan Murray, too.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I dont care what anyone says I would still do the Sergachev Drouin trade its been a tough year for all the habs players and if Sergachev was in montreal it would be no different for him he is not a savior he just on a good team end of story look whats happenning to Karlsson

this team is so bad, stamkos, would not be doing what is doing, in MTL

I always thought that was obvious but people like to complain. It’s like people think he’s 30. He’s 22, asked to play a new position with zero support offensively. I think he’s doing remarkably well.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I always thought that was obvious but people like to complain. It’s like people think he’s 30. He’s 22, asked to play a new position with zero support offensively. I think he’s doing remarkably well.
You're right. The guy is so young and have zero support. He comes in a town with tremendous expectations, being compared to Radulov, being #1 center in one of the most famous hockey franchise. I would say leave him alone. Be patient like we were patient with Galchy. There is nothing wrong with Drouin's attitude on ice and off-ice. Give him a real center, place him left winger and place Galchwenyuk right winger and see what happen.

I mean, why being so severe and negative? People wants to hit the wrong nail.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Trade 1 -

Reasons behind the deal - Pacioretty adds some massive fire-power to a potent Ducks lineup that is just getting healthy and has all the pieces to make another deep playoff run. Adding Max's goals just makes them that much more dangerous, and they don't give up a roster player.

Montreal adds a first round pick in a deep draft, a second rounder in the next draft, a top notch CHL leading scoring center, and a big winger that looks to be a power forward in the making. Great pieces to help them in their rebuild.

Trade 2 -

Trade 3 -

To Pittsburgh: Tomas Plekeanec, 25 % retained

To Montreal: 2018 3rd Round pick.

Penguins get a veteran reliable defensive center that can be relied upon for third line minutes. Habs get a draft pick to help in their rebuild.

Trade 4 -

Trade cap space (ability to take on 1 year of bad contract for picks).

Habs would struggle for another year at least, before turning things around with their new young talented players, as they play together and develop.

If we trade both Pacioretty & Galchenyuk without getting at least one offensive NHL player back, our offense is going to be even worse than it currently is. The team will be really tough to watch.

I think we can get more than a 3rd for Plekanec. I also have no interest in helping the Pens whatsoever. Lots of teams need centers, including the Blues. I'd much rather send him there than help the Pens gain any more depth.

I like the Chucky for Hanifin trades & agree that we should look at taking on short term contracts off teams in cap trouble.

Arizona did that a couple of times (Detroit & Florida) and got firsts each time.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Lots of rumours about teams looking to add offensive help, Pittsburgh, St-Louis, Anaheim, Vancouver...
Bergevin needs to be quick before teams like Ottawa, Buffalo and Arizona start selling.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If we trade both Pacioretty & Galchenyuk without getting at least one offensive NHL player back, our offense is going to be even worse than it currently is. The team will be really tough to watch.

I think we can get more than a 3rd for Plekanec. I also have no interest in helping the Pens whatsoever. Lots of teams need centers, including the Blues. I'd much rather send him there than help the Pens gain any more depth.

I like the Chucky for Hanifin trades & agree that we should look at taking on short term contracts off teams in cap trouble.

Arizona did that a couple of times (Detroit & Florida) and got firsts each time.
You would just have to rely on your young players for scoring like...Hudon,Carr,Scherbak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad