Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
To NYI:isles
Max Pacioretty
Carey Price

To MTL:habs
A Signed John Tavares, Pick

To EDM:edmonton
Alex Galchenyuk, Karl Alzner, Mike McCaron

To: :habs
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Puljujarvi

I'm overpaying but I'm getting some decent stuff back that will allow the team to grown long term.

Lol you're not overpaying EDM I know that much... they hang up the phone, feeling disrespected and shamed by this proposal. Then just for fun they ask McLellan if he'd want Galchenyuk, to which Todd says 'Ha!'.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I was looking around the league to see what would make sense for Montreal to trade for a #1 center and Bjugstad came up. He is 25, 6'6" and scores around 40-50 points a season, comes in at $4.4 a season.

How does trading Lindgren to Florida who needs a young goalie for Bjugstad sound? Maybe add in Joe Morrow to sweeten the deal? A line of Chucky-Bjugstad-Droin seems pretty good to me.

Reactions: peate

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
What about trading for Bjugstad? Lindgren and Morrow I feel should do the trick and it gives us a 6'6" center who getsaid 40-50 points a year on a bad Florida team. Imagine him between Chucky and Droin. Thoughts?

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
What about trading for Bjugstad? Lindgren and Morrow I feel should do the trick and it gives us a 6'6" center who getsaid 40-50 points a year on a bad Florida team. Imagine him between Chucky and Droin. Thoughts?

As with all trades, it would depend on what you're giving up to acquire him.

I don't think he's close to being a number one center, and Drouin isn't leaving that spot until Bergevin gets a true number one.

I don't think he would hurt our non existent center depth at all, but he's more of a third line guy than anything.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
As with all trades, it would depend on what you're giving up to acquire him.

I don't think he's close to being a number one center, and Drouin isn't leaving that spot until Bergevin gets a true number one.

I don't think he would hurt our non existent center depth at all, but he's more of a third line guy than anything.

I would argue that he is atleast a #2 center. For Montreal might as well be a #1 and it would sure improve over Droin's 40% faceoff.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I'd argue he would be our best center man...and most likely would light it up with drouin and chucky.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If Ottawa continues to lose and Melnyk does not want to pay Brassard 5 million for the last year of his contract next year......McCarron and 2nd rounder for Brassard.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
He’s inconsistent, does certain things well but leaves you wanting more most of the time.

He joined just today, so maybe he was wondering why we find our own players frustrating to watch... a detailed explanation on that for a Day 1 Member would require some effort. Hopefully for him someone's in the mood today lol.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I do understand why a lot of people find our players frustrating to watch, heck happens to every team. However I do see potential in bringing in an actual center into the fold instead of forcing Drouin to adjust on the fly. The upside that I could see is that Drouin goes berserk feeding both chuck and bjudstad and potentially allows us to have an unquestionable first line again. Anyou other ideas for centers to bring in that would help?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
If MB goes out and trades for 3rd liners, i will lose my mind,,,,,

if that is the case, then miss the playoffs, sell off and move on.....

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Dale Tallon is the GM, not Bozo the Clown so I'm assuming that trade is a no-go for launch.

I'm a little rusty on gm's reputations. But doesn't Florida need a good young goalien behind luongo and another decent d-man? I feel that it really provides a wi-win for both sides. Florida gets theor young goalie and a d-man, add in a 3rd or 2nd for the cherry on top if you wish as they most likely are sellers at the deadline and Montreal gets a center with offensive upside and unloads one of the many goalies in our logjam of goalie prospects, not to mention that it creates room for young guys by getting rid of morrow.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
If Ottawa continues to lose and Melnyk does not want to pay Brassard 5 million for the last year of his contract next year......McCarron and 2nd rounder for Brassard.

Isn't Brassard their first line center? I don't expect a 2nd and McCarron to do the trick for him.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I haven't seen Bjugstad play recently so I can't really judge but I like the size factor. There's gotta be someone out there who can help us, but dealing with our GM might not be the easiest thing if his pressers are any indication of his business smarts.

I'll give you a like for effort since you're a newbie. :thumbu:

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
:D I've also seen a couple of other names thrown around but I just like the sound of our first line going Chucky-bjugstad-drouin and the fact that they are all 25 or younger. Seems like a lot of people think Chucky should play center and I agree that he was drafted as such but for the time being I can see bjugstad being a 1st center fill in for a few years at a relatively cheap 4.1 million cap hit. Who knows, maybe all three compliment each other and the light it up or I could be totally wrong and we get skinned....who knows

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
I haven't seen Bjugstad play recently so I can't really judge but I like the size factor. There's gotta be someone out there who can help us, but dealing with our GM might not be the easiest thing if his pressers are any indication of his business smarts.

I'll give you a like for effort since you're a newbie. :thumbu:

Also forgot to mention that it would make 3 first round picks on our top line lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad