HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Having a top-4 caliber D playing the 3rd pair is not a problem for me, as long as the Ds playing in the first two pairs are better than him.

As for Andersson, i was for the Habs getting him but with Laine gone now and the first two lines struggling (at the moment), i'm not sure that it's the right time to go spend significant assets to get help for the short term, even if he could maybe help for the longer term too.
Absolutely. Andersson is a move that we should only make next summer while we can extend him. I only invest in a top 4 RHD if it's for the long term. And i would pay the price. We have the assets to pull it off without touching Huston, Guhle, Reinbacher or any of our top 6 forwards (including Hage).

Reactions: ML16

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Absolutely. Andersson is a move that we should only make next summer while we can extend him. I only invest in a top 4 RHD if it's for the long term. And i would pay the price. We have the assets to pull it off without touching Huston, Guhle, Reinbacher or any of our top 6 forwards (including Hage).
Like i said before, i'll be very surprised if Andersson is not traded before next trade deadline. Next summer will likely be too late.

Reactions: Benstheman

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I get why so many are looking at Andersson as a potential solution for RD, but dont forget that if you like him, other do to, and the odds of getting him are slim to none. People should start looking at "other" options.

The guy I wanted to get was Pesce last summer. i'm not sure if MTL was on him or not, but at 5,5M/6yr this was an ok to give contract in my view.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I get why so many are looking at Andersson as a potential solution for RD, but dont forget that if you like him, other do to, and the odds of getting him are slim to none. People should start looking at "other" options.

The guy I wanted to get was Pesce last summer. i'm not sure if MTL was on him or not, but at 5,5M/6yr this was an ok to give contract in my view.

Why other options?

Which contending teams have a deeper bench of picks and prospects to get Andersson?

Most of the teams with that level of capital are not ready to make that transition.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Why other options?

Which contending teams have a deeper bench of picks and prospects to get Andersson?

Most of the teams with that level of capital are not ready to make that transition.

I usually don't pin my hopes on just one alternative in life. While I also like Andresson as a solution, I also realize that other teams may want him more then MTL for a cup run, thus making his acquisition much harder. The question is not who's richer then you, the question is who's willing to pay more, and to that I can't guaranty KH is willing to over pay.

Like I said, i'd be happy with Andersson, just think that there is a low odds of happening.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I usually don't pin my hopes on just one alternative in life. While I also like Andresson as a solution, I also realize that other teams may want him more then MTL for a cup run, thus making his acquisition much harder. The question is not who's richer then you, the question is who's willing to pay more, and to that I can't guaranty KH is willing to over pay.

Like I said, i'd be happy with Andersson, just think that there is a low odds of happening.

I don't think any move is a guarantee and I also agree that Hughes won't overpay for the sake of it.. but Calgary would be selling Andersson for futures and we might be able to outbid most teams from that perspective, meaning we could be a legitimate player for him if he hits the market and Hugo think he's the right guy to target.

Reactions: Kosseca

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I don't think any move is a guarantee and I also agree that Hughes won't overpay for the sake of it.. but Calgary would be selling Andersson for futures and we might be able to outbid most teams from that perspective, meaning we could be a legitimate player for him if he hits the market and Hugo think he's the right guy to target.
Agreed. I guess i'm coming at this from the point of view that he's a legit good RD so there will be lots of interest if Calgary tries to trade him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Agreed. I guess i'm coming at this from the point of view that he's a legit good RD so there will be lots of interest if Calgary tries to trade him.

Absolutely there will be, but I also think that we would be at the top of the list of suitors because of what we have to offer in trades that would be of particular interest to Calgary.

Most contending teams would be offering picks they would know would be later and the prospects they would offer would likely be contested by anything we could offer.

Reactions: Kosseca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad