Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I hope habs fans aren't gonna come in here and defend Lane from trolls every time he has some -next to his name , Ask ottawa fans , ask Vancouver fans , ask Colorado fans , ask Rangers fans , the juice is not worth the squeeze , just enjoy the kid for what he is , ( Im not equating him to Makar Karlson or Hughes and Fox but its the same narrative all these guys had to go through). Just enjoy them and let the haters hate from far. You guys will be wasting paragraphs doing otherwise

I honestly think you guys talk more about the "haters" than there is actual hate.

He's a fun player and has a bright future.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Did you notice how Matheson, Savard and Barron were awfully horrendous? We, habs fans, have the privilege to see it every games:naughty:
I didn't pay much attention really, wouldn't have paid too much attention to Hutson either other than the fans forcing me to. They cheered whenever he touched the puck (early in the game anyway)....thought that was odd. I don't watch a ton of Habs games (being in Toronto).

I do watch a fair amount of PIT games, but not really a ton.....for Karlsson, I think I'm perhaps looking for him because he's Karlsson.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
He has the skill set to do special things in the nhl. I’m going to sit back and enjoy. I’ll just laugh when your best forward looks like he stepped on a pile of marbles lol.

There is no validity in anointing him as a top d of the future or saying he’ll never be able to defend. The kid hasn’t even hit double digit game in the nhl lol

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
At 5'9 he'll get demolished in the playoffs.
images

tanti9

Dec 18, 2023
I love how Hutson has looked so far in the NHL and believe he has a bright future. I think having more skilled players in the Big Leagues is awesome, despite their stature. He will be fine this year (and continuing years to come) and of course will have a learning curve, no different than any Number 1 D in the league ala Hughes and Makar. The biggest thing is can Hutson adapt to whatever the opposing teams do when they start focusing them, this will determine him joining the class of Hughes and Makar rather than a prime Barrie (still a good player but not a Norris winner). No matter what he has been a steal where he was drafted and Montreal has a good one, will be a joy to watch him progress.

ps Montreal is throwing him to the wolves (I believe) as he is playing over 21 minutes a night. They obviously believe in him.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I was impressed with him against Ottawa on Saturday night. He's tiny and yet he can control the game (offensively). He's the real deal, no doubt. However, if I was a Habs fan, I'd be worried about him getting steam rolled by a 6'4 power forward in his own end. As the season goes along, it'll be interesting to see how his body holds up to the rigors of the NHL.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He's an offensive dman, he's not an all-round defensive superstar. If his partner blows their coverage I'm not expecting him to make a fantastic defensive play to save the day.
The positive thing is, he's so young it can easily be worked on. Look at Quinn Hughes in his first couple seasons for example, he was phenomenal offensively but a liability defensively. He's since worked on his defensive game and improved into an elite all around D-man, doesn't have the size but he makes the right plays and is good with his stick.

Hutson is gonna be a future superstar, even if it's offense only still extremely valuable. Montreal is headed in the right direction, Kent Hughes is doing a phenomenal job there.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I was impressed with him against Ottawa on Saturday night. He's tiny and yet he can control the game (offensively). He's the real deal, no doubt. However, if I was a Habs fan, I'd be worried about him getting steam rolled by a 6'4 power forward in his own end. As the season goes along, it'll be interesting to see how his body holds up to the rigors of the NHL.
Krug, Quinn, Spurgeon, Hughes have all managed to endure bigger forwards despite their size.

He's not the first undersized d-man.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Last night was my first look at him and I was impressed. Obviously super skilled and skates incredibly well. Excited for the Habs and their future with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Kosovo vs Cyprus
    Kosovo vs Cyprus
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $725.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lithuania vs Romania
    Lithuania vs Romania
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $790.00