HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
why now? because Primeau play very poorly in 1 game? Dont get me wrong, we lost the game because of him, but we have yet to establish a pattern this season for him.

Asset would be better use to upgrade other position then a backup G.
Take last years 1-10-1 back-to-back game record and turn it into 6-5, those 10-pts inch this team closer to a wildcard spot

Reactions: Miller Time

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Tbh I would explore a matheson trade before his value craters when Lane Hutson steals his offensive situations minutes away. 62 points is just such a huge outlier to the rest of his career. An extension would be bad news.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
If Primeau can’t deliver need to find an alternative
No need.. we aren't a playoff team, why would we use "any" of our assets to get a backup, when we have Dobes and Fowler in the wings? Monty is fine as our 1G, we can hope for a win.. Primeau can become our tank commander

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
No need.. we aren't a playoff team, why would we use "any" of our assets to get a backup, when we have Dobes and Fowler in the wings? Monty is fine as our 1G, we can hope for a win.. Primeau can become our tank commander
This season is a complete failure unless young players get to play meaningful games into April

A playoff team is a team which qualifies for the playoffs … that’s it.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Tbh I would explore a matheson trade before his value craters when Lane Hutson steals his offensive situations minutes away. 62 points is just such a huge outlier to the rest of his career. An extension would be bad news.
Matheson solid D. Teams usually looking for D as season goes on. Could it happen? What do you want in return?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Drum up interests now sure, but you'd need to wait and see if Hutson can last all season at the same rhythm.

Also: Matheson is playing a lot more minutes than Hutson, something else to consider before jumping the gun.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
This season is a complete failure unless young players get to play meaningful games into April

A playoff team is a team which qualifies for the playoffs … that’s it.

I agree that meaningful games late in the season is & should be the objective... But calling the season a complete failure if they fall short of that/are out of it earlier is very exaggerated imo

Overall progress from the U25 core is the most important thing. That can still occur even if we're out of it by March or February (though, unless we are further ravaged by injuries, overall progress from the core should keep us in the WC mix late in the year, so they may well go hand in hand)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad