GDT: 2024-25 season game 2 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @10:00am 10/12/24

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
PP1 is egregiously bad - they cant enter the zone to save their lives. Thats the first thing Id focus on with the day off.

The thought process is there

this just isn't a high skill team, you'll notice the defense isn't threatened at all of our puck carriers, they're on their toes ready to punch a breakaway

When teams play guys like McDavid, you see them on their heels, backing off to make sure they don't get torched

Byfield might be that guy but it's gonna take time

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The thought process is there

this just isn't a high skill team, you'll notice the defense isn't threatened at all of our puck carriers, they're on their toes ready to punch a breakaway

When teams play guys like McDavid, you see them on their heels, backing off to make sure they don't get torched

Byfield might be that guy but it's gonna take time
Byfield for sure can be that guy... hopefully they adjust and get him up there. When you dont have any top 50 talent, you have to stack your PP1 and just let your PP2 suck if necessary... QB needs to be on PP1.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Last comment for now

3 of 4 points to open the season across the country before noon, I'll take it. The process is there--they definitely weren't beautiful games

Took two periods and savant goaltending to hang in vs. Buffalo till their found their feet

Had the feel of things from the start today and played a much different, detailed, systematic game vs. the biggest opponent in the league and only lost the skills competition

You know me I'm a huge Kings pessimist but I saw a team that looked pretty poised while learning a new system, got mostly stronger each period since Buffalo.

Now get Lewis out of there and Thomas in ;)

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
yeah because being benched for one game is awful for a players development when they shit the bed bad. Giving a player the chance to reset is awful.

High IQ comment.
Fiala should sit with him too then. He was the forward version of Clarke today.

I think you roll Clarke right back out there. Similar performance next game and you have him watch the next one.

Mistakes being made from trying to make plays is one thing, but being totally lost in his own zone is another. Coach him up before the next game and let's see how he responds.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Fiala should sit with him too then. He was the forward version of Clarke today.

I think you roll Clarke right back out there. Similar performance next game and you have him watch the next one.

Mistakes being made from trying to make plays is one thing, but being totally lost in his own zone is another. Coach him up before the next game and let's see how he responds.
I know you love to rag on Fiala, and he didn’t have a good game but I don’t know if you actually noticed that the puck was bouncing all over the ice the entire game.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Rough OT for Clarke, had to just get control of the puck and not change . They also looked like there was 4 guys out there too.
Sigh.

You know what maybe the guy jumping on forced Clarke to change.

Clarke looked gassed and vulnerable, the coaches were probably yelling for the change too.

He was mostly solid, apart from OT.

You guys are over reacting.

Clarke has had way worse games than that.

Lots of guys looked off: Byfield, Kempe. Fiala, Foegle, Danault , Moore, Spence.

I don't think Kuemper made the wrong play.

If you have possession and open guys why give up a face off and risk it?

I liked Jeannot better today.

I think maybe its time to give Kuemper a rest not because of his play, just because they lost.

We miss DD in overtime and Hiller and Co., went for it too much.

But they are cornered with D men that are way defensive or way offensive and lack in the opposite.

Therefore using Gavrikov is the right move and I would use him more in OT.

Maybe 10 a.m. was tough despite being adjusted to the time zone.

Would like to see Akil get worked in.

But I don't wanna move Jeannot because he was effective.

I feel like the roster has a lot of guys that are somewhat offensive/ defensive or polarized in other one strength one weakness roles.

Kopi - Kempe - Clarke, I get it and keep them. Forwards that have a better chance covering for Clarke.

Byfield - Fiala - Gavrikov

Danault - Moore - Spence

Turcotte - Foegle - Anderson

Last edited:
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I know you love to rag on Fiala, and he didn’t have a good game but I don’t know if you actually noticed that the puck was bouncing all over the ice the entire game.
Right. I have ZERO concerns with Fiala getting it going. That ice was horrible today.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
He wasn't good in Buffalo either. Need the most skilled guy on a low skill team to be much better.

Wasn't a puck bouncing issue today but a decision making one.

That said, the top three lines all have a winger that should be 3rd or 4th liners on a contender. I don't think these lines will hold but the only way to improve wing would be to move Byfield back but developing him at C is more important than trying to lose in the first round again.

Really shines a light on the decision to end the rebuild. Now look at us.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
This is what happens when guys aren’t slotted correctly.

Spence is a very good 3rd pairing guy.

Clarke should be going against 2nd and 4th line guys and getting up to speed while being the most skilled guy on the ice.

Lewis is cooked and doesn’t have a place on this team. He’s the guy you pick up for depth in the playoffs not the guy you roll 82 games.

I like the way the centers are being deployed. Guys need to build chemistry. Leave the lines alone other than subbing Thomas and Turcotte around as needed to give them minutes but not cook them.

Gavrikov is a f***ing mess!

Our D is really f***ing bad! We are going to give up a lot of odd man rushes and struggle gaining entry because a good first pass is going to be very hard to come by! We may have to look at launching Kempe and Fiala via stretch passes but that becomes predictable if used to often and an Achilles heal.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
This is what happens when guys aren’t slotted correctly.

Spence is a very good 3rd pairing guy.

Clarke should be going against 2nd and 4th line guys and getting up to speed while being the most skilled guy on the ice.

Lewis is cooked and doesn’t have a place on this team. He’s the guy you pick up for depth in the playoffs not the guy you roll 82 games.

I like the way the centers are being deployed. Guys need to build chemistry. Leave the lines alone other than subbing Thomas and Turcotte around as needed to give them minutes but not cook them.

Gavrikov is a f***ing mess!

Our D is really f***ing bad! We are going to give up a lot of odd man rushes and struggle gaining entry because a good first pass is going to be very hard to come by! We may have to look at launching Kempe and Fiala via stretch passes but that becomes predictable if used to often and an Achilles heal.
you mkust have watched a differnt game then me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad