HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The best play for pelletier would be to let him go unclaimed and try to trade for him so he can report to Laval. Offer Farrel or Kidney. Cal may be interested in a player that does not need to clear waiver.
Hudson Fashcing - has size and might be a later bloomer to being an OK player.

Jan Jenik - physical, agitator and can produce. Might be worth the chance to claim him and see what he can do.

Jeffrey Viel- tough gut, physical, would realize some pressure from Xhekaj to have to fight/be the guy who defends the team. Expect no offense.

Cole Scwindt - big body, started off very promising in the A, but seems to just match, or be close to that total and isn't improving.

Jakob Pelletier - too good for the AHL, not good enough for the NHL. Size is an issue. If he clears I hope the Habs try and trade for him, send him down and have him as the first call up.

Nolan Foote - pedigree/name recognition, but good size could be a potential 4th liner as he is a bigger boy and might be taken longer to get things going.

Zach Ashton-Reese - bit of an agitator/energy guy. Would be similar to Pezzetta imo.

Raphael Lavoie - big boy, the game I saw of him in the pre-season he had a bunch of chances, but couldn't score. Isn't afraid afraid get physical. Might be an OK choice for the 2nd line, but would look weird to pick a guy from waivers and give him top 6 minutes.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Hudson Fashcing - has size and might be a later bloomer to being an OK player.

Jan Jenik - physical, agitator and can produce. Might be worth the chance to claim him and see what he can do.

Jeffrey Viel- tough gut, physical, would realize some pressure from Xhekaj to have to fight/be the guy who defends the team. Expect no offense.

Cole Scwindt - big body, started off very promising in the A, but seems to just match, or be close to that total and isn't improving.

Jakob Pelletier - too good for the AHL, not good enough for the NHL. Size is an issue. If he clears I hope the Habs try and trade for him, send him down and have him as the first call up.

Nolan Foote - pedigree/name recognition, but good size could be a potential 4th liner as he is a bigger boy and might be taken longer to get things going.

Zach Ashton-Reese - bit of an agitator/energy guy. Would be similar to Pezzetta imo.

Raphael Lavoie - big boy, the game I saw of him in the pre-season he had a bunch of chances, but couldn't score. Isn't afraid afraid get physical. Might be an OK choice for the 2nd line, but would look weird to pick a guy from waivers and give him top 6 minutes.
Pass on all of them

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Oh I accept that that's your opinion. I've seen some clips. I'm not ready to make that comparison.

Do we need another small player? No. But I'm fine with bringing in talent at this point in the rebuild, if he is indeed a talent. RHP I don't consider a talent.
Talent alone will not win you anything, and unless you're in the top 100 of all talents, it won't make you a career either.

A rebuild based solely on talent is a failed rebuild in the making.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Pezz would 100% get claimed from waivers. Even Stanley cup champions Panthers would claim him to replace guys like Lomberg, Lorentz, Cousins on their 4th line.
Sad because I like pezzer but he is replaceable.

Tell me where he fits and how we could use him and how he is better than what we already have.

Guy haven't been able to crack the f***ing Calgary Flames at 23YO. I mean, his only intangible is being Quebecois at this point.
That's a different statement than you made. Yes he's small and may not fit in the lineup but to say he has no intangibles screams ignorance. He was lauded for his two way play, playstyle and bulldog mentality.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

I suspect he's done. But he was a VERY good 4th liner a few years ago.

Yeah, I watch hockey because I like it. It's also nice that he's québécois.
He was also at the center of this : Sutter’s mockery of Pelletier’s debut wasn’t just bad leadership – it lacked human decency

And generally quoted as Exhibit A as to why Darryl Sutter was over the hill as an NHL coach.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I would claim Gaudette, best case scenario he scores you some goals, worst case scenario he doesn't fill the Laval net for Belleville in the 40 games we usually play them.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
What about putting in a claim for Jeffrey Viel? He’s a very solid AHL player that will score between 15-20 goals there, while providing lots of toughness and physicality for the young Habs in Laval.

Could also be called up for games that require more physicality in the lineup, and would not look out of place on the fourth line.

Added bonus would be that you take him away from the Bruins organization.
I said here in the summer during the ufa period that we should have offered him a contract. Tough guy who can play and bonus, he's a quebecer. I rather have him than all of ours 4th liners

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Food for thought. If Pelletier was Slovakian, would anyone here even know who he was based on his career thus far? 🤔
Asking for thought could be hard...
Because, you know, we should claim this guy at 23 years old, but let's get rid of a slovakian who is already a bust at the old age of 20 starting his pro career... logical thinking...

Reactions: Egresch

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Talent alone will not win you anything, and unless you're in the top 100 of all talents, it won't make you a career either.

A rebuild based solely on talent is a failed rebuild in the making.
I agree. But I don't like to pass on talent based on current need. Many negative things were said about Marchessault when he was available ahead of the expansion draft. And we didn't need another player of his size then.

I don't expect HuGo to claim him. They passed on Tolvanen two years ago.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Paper-demote Xhekaj and Hutson and we are $2,083 under the cap, assuming PuckPedia's Bonus overage calculation is correct.
I don't think they will demote Hutson because of his performance bonuses.
With Heineman and Kapanen seemingly making the team, i think they're about 3M over.
My quick guess would be paper-demote Xhekaj and Heineman and put RHP on LTIR.
Far from optimal, but i don't think they have many options.

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad